Pub Landlord To Open His Art Gallery

Friday September 20 2013

Mr Youel with his art Mr Youel with his art

AN eccentric pub landlord will open his art gallery to the public for the next four weeks.

Anthony Youel, 52, who has featured in BBC Three show Boom Town, plans to display his exhibits in the gallery at his pub, The Monkey, from 1pm on Sunday.

He will also take part in a live installation between 2pm and 6pm at The Monkey on Sunday.

"I'm going to be in situ, I'm going to be in the zone," Anthony said about the four-hour live exhibit.

"If the exhibition is successful, I'll open it once a month."

The gallery will also be open for the following three Sundays.

Reply Posted by LOL on Friday September 20 2013 at 13:00
WHERES THE GUY.LOOKS LIKE HES MAKING A BONFIRE.

Reply Posted by Swifty on Friday September 20 2013 at 17:02
Swifty after the week I've had could do with going for a pint with this guy And getting some tips about life in his world.

Reply Posted by Swifty on Friday September 20 2013 at 17:03
If you read my last post you will no what I mean!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Posted by Kev Bray on Friday September 20 2013 at 17:03
Mr Youel needs help.

Reply Posted by MrsMail on Saturday September 21 2013 at 01:47
And the forward thinking art lovers come together again!!!!!

Reply Posted by LOL on Sunday September 22 2013 at 09:22
ILL HAVE WHAT HES SUPPING,IT MUST BE ROCKET FUEL AH AH AH .

Reply Posted by karen on Sunday September 22 2013 at 10:37
Good Luck to Him....

Reply Posted by julie on Sunday September 22 2013 at 10:49
hope it goes well bro,come on all you knockers lets hear all your comments

Reply Posted by Marc swazy on Sunday September 22 2013 at 10:50
My friends and I have had personal tour of Mr Youels gallery. Some of his artwork is fantastic. The people at the monkey are very welcoming. See past the quirky car park. That's his sense of humour plus your kids will prefer the outside gallery. Worth a visit... It's 1 thing that's been ticked on my bucket list :-)

Reply Posted by bungi on Sunday September 22 2013 at 10:55
the man's an idiot,turned a good pub into a shithole,iv lived up there most of my life and really saddens me to see the monkey turned in to an eye sore.
so dont give me good luck to him or forward thinking art lovers come together,the man is in serious need of some professional help.

Reply Posted by Jimbo on Sunday September 22 2013 at 16:04
You are spot on Bungi. The man lost it years ago and quite frankly he shouldn't be allowed out without a escort. Obviously the people on here who are slagging your comments off on here have no great knowledge of this character and his bizarre behaviour.

Reply Posted by Jimbo on Sunday September 22 2013 at 16:09
As a further thought, yes he's owns the Monkey and as such it is his to do with whatever he likes within reason but with that ownership should come a responsibility to the building itself the wider community and area which he has failed on all three counts!

Reply Posted by Caroline on Sunday September 22 2013 at 10:56
I know Anthony Youel and yes he is a little eccentric but he has a heart of gold and I think if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. I didn't particularly like the artist who cut animals in half and said that was art but he got millions. So it is each to there own and good luck today Anthony and I wish you every success.

Reply Posted by penny crayon on Sunday September 22 2013 at 11:05
Leave bloke alone he's not doing anybody no harm.I can remember him from my clubbing days think we all should spend sometime living in Yogs world

Reply Posted by julie on Sunday September 22 2013 at 11:13
exactly anthony wouldnt hurt a fly ,he is doing no harm leave him alone

Reply Posted by Peter H on Sunday September 22 2013 at 11:51
Just may take a run up there & have a look, instead of just poking fun

Reply Posted by Sylvia on Sunday September 22 2013 at 12:59
Good luck with it Anthony - the world needs more people like him! :)

Reply Posted by stu on Sunday September 22 2013 at 14:21
anthony is an eccentric character bungi ,not like your boring ways ,who r u bungi ,some people are so jealous of peoples abilities ,unfortunately u r a dim wit ,a wife beater so shut up bungi ,youre a bore

Reply Posted by tony on Sunday September 22 2013 at 19:16
yog is a sound bloke as anyone who knows him will tell you. It must be the narrow minded local yokels having a pop with their heads full of cow shit. ooh arrr

Reply Posted by bungi on Monday September 23 2013 at 01:29
Sounds like you need to be in kendrey hospital stu....wife beater where the hell did you get that from....if i hit r lass she would break mi neck......dim wit if that's what i am i better go to the monkey and join up and make shit from shit......jealous of of his abilities what abilities as said shit out of shit........my boring ways .mmmmm how do you know what i do with my life..you don't so you shut up stu

Reply Posted by gaz on Monday September 23 2013 at 01:59
Put yer pitchforks away, bunji n jumbo, you local yokels are as bad in your own way with your "ive lived here years therefore I want to dictate what goes off" LIVE N LET LIVE.....!

Reply Posted by gaz on Monday September 23 2013 at 03:40
Further.ore bunji & Jumbo instead of being faceless, cowardly critics hiding behind yer computers why don't you nip down & say what you've got to say to his face....? Just a thought....!

Reply Posted by bungi on Monday September 23 2013 at 08:45
gaz im from thurgoland iv been there iv told him along with half of thurgoland and hood green that its crap
have you been and told him how good it is?

Reply Posted by gaz on Monday September 23 2013 at 10:21
I've been and told him to do what makes him happy. I also used to attend REGULARLY when he ran it as a pub. But I fail to see why thurgoland shoud be up in arms or hood green for that matter as its in neither village really is it...anyway moan about the car park....yes, I agree it could be tidy, so if he clears the car park will the personal attacks stop.. ? No I don't think so, you're on a bandwagon feeding off other people's comments...leave the bloke alone

Reply Posted by julie on Monday September 23 2013 at 15:54
nice i gaz,bungi john hill get a life

Reply Posted by TNUC on Monday September 23 2013 at 16:05
is he for real,or is it a wind up.

Reply Posted by julie on Monday September 23 2013 at 18:13
no you havent been bungi john cause i asked if he knew you he said no so both you n jumbo just crawl back under your stones

Reply Posted by gaz on Monday September 23 2013 at 19:18
Yes but I bet when "last of the Sumner wine" were filming there you were claiming to anyone who'd listen that it ess your local & you drank there regularly...weren't you...!

Reply Posted by Agy on Wednesday September 25 2013 at 18:03
Been popping in the monkey after fishing for the last two months people were saying u don't want to go in there he will lock u in what a load of bollox Antony's a top bloke with some great stories why people want to abuse him I don't know the blokes done me no harm all he has done is diversify and follow his passion if the locals don't like this then there's plenty more pubs up road
I like toake my own mind up give the guy a chance his passion and energy should be encouraged not destroyed if h don't like him don't go
I will continue to enjoy his company your loss

Reply Posted by tony on Wednesday September 25 2013 at 18:48
they don't like anything different round there. when i'm driving through that neck of the woods i have to i have to have my music on full blast to drown out the sound of duelling banjoes

Reply Posted by Agy on Sunday September 29 2013 at 16:58