Police Release Information After Old Mill Lane Fight

Wednesday June 12 2013

Police release information after fight Police release information after fight

MORE information has been released after an altercation on Old Mill Lane.

At around 8.20pm on June 6, police received reports of an altercation near to a pond on Old Mill Lane.

Two groups of males - one including several boys - are believed to have been involved in verbal exchanges, which later broke out into a fight.

A 20-year-old from Wombwell suffered superficial lacerations to his back - after apparently being gouged by a stick.

He was taken to Barnsley Hospital, where he was treated and allowed to go home.

A 12-year-old Barnsley boy from the same group was also taken to hospital after swallowing water from the pond. He was treated and then released.

The two suspects, aged around 20, fled the scene.

Reply Posted by Grim on Wednesday June 12 2013 at 12:35
I take it that this was the one where all you WABers were panicking about someone being killed........as per usual facts wrong again eh?

Reply Posted by Robbie on Wednesday June 12 2013 at 12:44
Shocking to hear that people were coming out with such "trash-talk" of a murder... those very people ought to be ashamed of themselves! Idiots!

Reply Posted by andrew on Sunday June 16 2013 at 17:30
pond on Old Mill Lane?

Reply Posted by Jules on Sunday June 16 2013 at 17:32
There is the fleets behind ASDA and the river running down the side of it. Probably that. :)

Reply Posted by Fed Up on Sunday June 16 2013 at 17:31
I was sat outside college last week, on the phone, tired and wanting to go home. I was sat outside the hairdressers, when a tall, young man and 3 boys (around 12/13 years old) walked past. As I was on the phone, I didn't really pay them much mind, but I'd heard them coming up the road, shouting and jeering.

When they got to where I was sat, they all started singing "You fat b*****d, you fat b*****d' and where clapping and jeering at me. At first I was not sure what was going on, but then saw the older 'boy' joining in and encouraging the younger ones. Someone came running out from the college and told them to move away and apologised to me, not that it was their fault.

I felt quite shocked, as I am overweight, and am very aware of the fact, but as its due to a debilitating heart condition, it's not something that I beat myself up about, as there's nothing I can do. They then headed down Old Mill Lane, shouting and clapping and singing.

If these are the young men concerned in this story, then that's quite sad, as I've thought about all 4 of them since the incident and wondered what will become of them all, if they carry on with this behaviour. How very sad if this is the answer.

Reply Posted by trish on Sunday June 16 2013 at 19:21
That must have been very humilliating for you. It doesnt matter why you are overweight, no-one has the right to treat you like that. These boys need some sort of guidance. I know what they do want but i wont say on here as im sure all the "do-gooders" will jump in.It's frightening to think of what the future holds for children like that.

Reply Posted by bricktop on Sunday June 16 2013 at 17:33
your 2 are worse than the "wabers who were talking trash!".......get a life sados

Reply Posted by ema on Sunday June 16 2013 at 21:27
A lv r sum young ens av a scrap and police ask 4 info bt yet my mum was shot in the hand while she was on the fone(obviously aimin 4 her head) on her way to work 2weeks ago and not 1 bit of them tryin to find who did it. Even tho it cud av onli cum frm 4 flats 2mins away from her home..... Its a ***** joke

Reply Posted by Swifty on Monday June 17 2013 at 23:08
This is society of today. No respect for themselves or anybody else. We've entered the 3 generation of scutter families over the years and things will only get worse. There's diffrent breeds of cats and dogs and diffrent breeds of humans. We all see it every day in our lives. Bring back conscription it's our only hope.