Upload a photo Upload a video Upload an mp3 Upload an event

News


Barugh Green Fire Sees Evacuation

Thursday May 30 2013


Claycliffe Road fire Claycliffe Road fire


A FIRE broke out in Barugh Green on Wednesday evening.

Crews were called at 8.10pm to Unity Garage on Claycliffe Road and the fire, said to be accidental, took around an hour to extinguish.

Residents in nearby terrace houses were evacuated as a precautionary measure, after concerns of gas cylinders near the fire.

Three engines attended the blaze, two from Barnsley and one from Cudworth. 

The business had a number of vehicles inside, and a spokesperson from South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said that two had been completely gutted by the blaze.

It's thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.

Leave a comment
comments powered by Disqus