Successful Cannabis Raids Continue

Thursday May 30 2013

Huge amounts of cannabis uncovered in police operation Huge amounts of cannabis uncovered in police operation

WHEN police officers visited a house, they got more than they bargained for when they spotted the resident drying cannabis plants.

The officers had gone to raid the house, on Springwood Road, Hoyland, as part of a month-long crackdown on cannabis cultivation called Operation Barracuda.

But they decided to have a look around after knocking on the door and getting no answer.

"He obviously couldn't hear us knocking on the door because of the hairdryer - I think he will have been surprised," DCI Mark Wilkie said.

"The leaves are no good when they're wet and people usually tend to put the plants in airing cupboards or in warm places to dry out, not use hairdryers on them."

The man, in his 50s, was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply.

Since January 1, the Barnsley force has already dismantled 28 cannabis set-ups across the borough but believes more can still be done to stop it.

Since the operation started on May 1, up to 22 houses have been raided and 197 cannabis plants worth £200,000 have been recovered.

The highest number of plants recovered in one area was 45 plants in Royston, followed by 38 plants in Thurnscoe.

A total of 33 plants were recovered from Wombwell; 16 from Kendray; ten from Goldthorpe; ten from Darton and Dodworth; 11 from Cudworth and six from Hoyland.

Reply Posted by Mick on Thursday May 30 2013 at 16:20
Smack rats everywhere . The towns full of the druggy unclean filth

Reply Posted by Brian on Thursday May 30 2013 at 19:05
Well I agree with Mick. I am afraid that Rothschild must have something not engaging properly upstairs. Talking about morons..........

Reply Posted by gloria stits on Thursday May 30 2013 at 20:42
Smack is heroin for the people that didn't know

Reply Posted by ranter on Thursday May 30 2013 at 21:59
Thanks for the lesson mick you really know your s h i t

Reply Posted by kev on Thursday May 30 2013 at 23:58
don't some people just chat shit. I never known anyone who smokes weed ,rob there own family for the habbit.. so its not all the same. .... smack n crack is on a different level to weed.

Reply Posted by Grim on Saturday June 1 2013 at 18:13
Kev you know nothing. Cannabis causes long term drug problems. Loads of people just used to smoke weed before becoming smack rats ( I quote).
It is a big problem socially and needs eradicating.

Reply Posted by ? on Tuesday June 4 2013 at 10:43
I used to smoke weed daily. I am now a kickboxer. I finished college with the second highest mark in my class and and graduated uni with a 2.1 degree. I now have a great job. No long term drug "problem".

Reply Posted by me on Saturday June 1 2013 at 18:19
Bit like beer Hay !!

Reply Posted by Liam on Saturday June 1 2013 at 18:33
Ha ha I like the smack head comment you've no idea do you pal smack is a filthy drug that ruins life's of the person on it and most of time people around them and people who says weed leads to other drugs only if you want it to

Reply Posted by jen on Saturday June 1 2013 at 18:37
omg, sum folks talk outa their arse, people dunt do smack n crack coz theyv had a few joints,n sum strong drug takers, arent even smokers of cigs never mind canabis.

Reply Posted by mick on Saturday June 1 2013 at 20:05
I can't understand you lot who do the weed , lord yourselves as the good people . wake up .YOU ARE STILL A DRUGGY AND YOUR HABITS STINKS !!!

Reply Posted by Zack on Monday June 3 2013 at 09:01
Don't you understand that all that alcohol you drink ethanol is a xenobiotic (that means drug :) ) and that tea and coffee; that caffeine also a drug and those paracetomol etc.. all are drugs - a xenobiotic is something that is metabolised but not produced in the body, that's a gross over simplification though I could explain more but why don't you look something up. The point is drugs are just atoms in different arrangements none are moral, atoms and molecules don't understand morality, it's people that are problems not the things they put in to them selves, you are an ignorant excuse of a human being.

Reply Posted by BCOOL on Monday June 3 2013 at 19:19
some peole need educateing give 20 teenage lads a case of beer each and 20 lads to joints each and see which group cause the worst effect on your local community, a gurantee the lads on beer will be fighting commiting criminal damage vomiting scream shouting urinateing up houses.where as the lads on weed might go and eat a cheeseburger and be in bed for 11pm you uneducated MAN

Reply Posted by ? on Tuesday June 4 2013 at 10:44
And I bet you don't drink beer do you?

Reply Posted by mick hater on Saturday June 1 2013 at 20:43
Mick you're boring

Reply Posted by me on Saturday June 1 2013 at 21:38
For the love of god !!!!! How stupid are some of you people ?
Really !!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Posted by WOW on Saturday June 1 2013 at 23:52
mick think u need to get out more

Reply Posted by leonardi on Sunday June 2 2013 at 15:10
don't drink and drive smoke wed and fly

Reply Posted by jasmine on Monday June 3 2013 at 23:00
Agree Coppa.And BCOOL I have 6 sons who have never done drugs but have always enjoyed a drink,and I have to say you couldnt be further from the truth, fighting, criminal damage etc? what utter rubbish you're chatting. I guess by your pathetic uneducated post you are another drug user trying to justify yourself, as all druggys do.. Canabis/weed causes mental illness, paranoia and ruins lives just as much as heroin, coke, ketamine does. But hey if folk want to ruin their lives make them pay large taxes on this crap like they do on beer and alcohol, and then bring in tough sentences for the illegal dealers.. AMEN!!

Reply Posted by aggiedevilchild on Tuesday June 4 2013 at 05:29
started smokin weed at 9 am 24 n stil smokin weed it hant ruined my lfe thts if ur a ful tym smack/crack head

Reply Posted by jasmine on Tuesday June 4 2013 at 13:09
Is that why you're sat up posting on here at 5.29 in a morning,thats not really a normal life.. take it you're not at work then ???

Reply Posted by !vv on Tuesday June 4 2013 at 13:25
aggiedevilchild ant ruined ur life?!? wat u got fo ur self then?! i used to smoke it as a teen, startd a family at 22 stopd wen pregnant n not touchd it since, 25 now with2nd child on way, ant ruined my life or affectd long term

Reply Posted by gjtrxchsi@gmail.com on Wednesday August 14 2013 at 14:24
I think the idea that porsche is taking over vw was really great. in teh end it didn’t worked out that well.Nevertheless it takes guts to pull a plan like this.