Pregnant Mum-Of-Ten Excused From Original Sentence

Tuesday May 21 2013

Barnsley Magistrates' Court Barnsley Magistrates' Court

A MOTHER-OF-TEN who is also heavily pregnant has been excused from completing 120 hours of unpaid work because she is having to look after the children herself.

Diane Riley, 37, whose 11th child is due in July, was given an 18-month conditional discharge when she appeared at Barnsley Magistrates' Court.

Judge John Foster asked her if it was sensible to carry on having children and if anyone helped her with child care.

Riley, who was not represented by a solicitor, said: "I look after the children myself. I have got to do it because there is no one else."

Charles McDermid, prosecuting for the Probation Service, said Riley, of Darfield Road, Cudworth had done 12 hours out of the 120 hours of unpaid work imposed for two assaults.

He said: "She has ten children and another is due in July. She cannot finish the unpaid work."

He asked the court to find an alternative punishment.

Reply Posted by . on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 11:03
Stop having kids!

Reply Posted by me on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 11:07
single parent... wheres the father/or fathers, and if the crime was 2 assaults, what kind of example is she setting to her kids.

Reply Posted by Shocked on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 11:10
This is disgusting not only is she getting away with shit she is doing but she is having kids like she is a rabbit.
Sterilisation should be made law for single mothers with 4 children. It's ridiculous working ppl are paying for her dam kids cos she don't seem to know what protection is.

Reply Posted by jo on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 12:03
agree its disgusting but don't pull single mothers down there is plenty out there that have more than 4 kids and hold a full time job you don't no the curcumstances of why theyb are single mothers so don't judge too quickly

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 13:37
regarding your comment on sterilisation, 1st it is nobodys right to take any woman or mans ability away to have children against their own wishes, i don't care what their situation is, also i am on my 6th pregnancy, will be my 5th child & i have used various methods of contraception but have had 'accidents' (some of my children were planned' & i have asked to be streilised a couple of times but was told i couldn't, this time i'm told i can but not for 6 mths which is plenty of time for another 'accident' to happen. i think you need to take a step back & find out some info. before making such a stupid comment.....also my partner is out of work & has been told by the jobcentre there was no point in taking up courses or training as he was unemployable because of his past which made me furious, but where do you go from there? don't judge unless you no an individuals full situation.

Reply Posted by Jon on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:13
We all know accidents can happen - but how often.... why doesn't your partner go and get sterilized if you cant. There is such a thing as a vasectomy.
There is also a British justice system where punishments should fit the crime, if someone has done wrong against her or her family she should use the police and legal system to deal with it - although she has made a mockery of that by being let off lightly.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 17:01
my partner has a bad phobia of hospitals dentist ect so i wouldn't ask him to do that, also in my experience the police & justice system are useless, just recently a friend of a friend got more years growing cannabis than a friend of a friends son got for killing a disabled person, when i was burgled they wouldn't even fingerprint my house...need i say more?

Reply Posted by Golden on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 17:16
Sally whilst it is true that we do not know everyone's circumstances, it is also fair to say as Jon did, that having loads of kids without the means to support them is not right either. I have reached the grand old age of 43 and have managed all those years to not fall pregnant at the drop of a hat. I have 3 kids all planned and a benefit free home with two full time parents.
Your excuses are poor and I think you know it. You could be on the pill or have a coil and your partner could wear condoms or get a vasectomy, just like all the other people out there who are taking responsibility for their bodies. Instead you whine about the Police and the job centre. Time I think for you to grow up and stop expecting others to keep your kids.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 17:44
i have fell pregnant on the pill, & using mini pill, it is for my own reasons i dont want other methods, i wanted sterilization not my fault they wont do it, like i said furthar down you dont no me so say what you like, yet again proves my point, snap judgement based on few comments.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 17:49
& as far as growing up goes, i have been through more in my 34yrs of like than most av had in 80, me & my partner have been through more in the 1st 5 yr we were together than most married of 50yrs so dont tell me to grow up, my life experience far exceeds most & i have no doubt there are those whos exceeds mine but beieve me when i say i am very mature it just may not come across all that well on here

Reply Posted by freida on Friday May 24 2013 at 08:10
I should hope you are mature at 34 with 5 children! I would be exceedingly worried if you wasn't. And as far as snap judgement goes, how do you know no one else has been through as much, if not more, than what you have?

Reply Posted by maxine on Friday May 24 2013 at 10:05
How many accidents does one have before you come to your sense? You say, and I quote.. "this time i'm told i can but not for 6 mths which is plenty of time for another 'accident' to happen".. unquote. If that is the case then why don't you avoid having penetrative sex for that period of time? How many more accidents are you going to have for the sake of pleasing yourselves? Also I would make a serious complaint against the person at the job center for talking such crap! There is always hope of a job for anyone who wants one! This may seem a harsh comment, it depends on what tone one reads it. But when you make comments as you have you are going to get reactions.

Reply Posted by donna on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 11:13
no 1 knows why shes dun this ,,, an if she wants 20 kids its u to her, if its anything to do with her kids why she did it, then id say well dun :) some men only like the first bit of father hood

Reply Posted by Linda on Wednesday May 22 2013 at 00:16
Fine, yes she can but would she have so many if she had to support them herself. Don't think so.

Reply Posted by maxine on Friday May 24 2013 at 10:34
if someone wants 10 kids or 20 or whatever yeah thats fine, AS LONG AS THEY SUPPORT THEIR OWN CHILDREN. That means using their own money, money they EARN, not money GIVEN to them.

Reply Posted by me on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 11:17
just as an fyi ... Diane isnt a single parent & the kids DAD works to provide for them ALL .. not like other multi-dad mums out there that sponge off the state! ... & she does a great job too on her own! like to see some of you do what she does :p

Reply Posted by A disgrace!! on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 11:19
Are you having a laugh???!!! How many kids does she want she's got her own flipping football team...normally I wouldn't pass judgement on people but in this case it's a bit difficult to not pass judgement when you look at the sort off example she is setting to her kids!!!

Reply Posted by Omg on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 11:20
Can not believe u just said that! I'm appalled some can think that way!! Many single parents with multiple children do go to work.
Yes it's a bit shocking that she has 10 kids and on benefits but don't put all people in the same basket. And yes I do think social services should get involved as how can one person cope with all those children on there own, with no support as she so clearly stated.

Reply Posted by Anon on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 11:27
Hahahahaha how can she be a good mum when she's going round assaulting people?!!

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 13:40
the reason she assulted a person may have been because of her kids, i would for my kids, i will step away from any1 saying or doing anything unless it involves my children.

Reply Posted by Lucy miller on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 11:38
Shocked... What if the father walked away from the mother?? My children are to the same man I was with for 11 years, he walked away and left me .... Why should I be sterilised???

Reply Posted by Mark on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 11:40
2 assaults, 10 kids lol doesn't sound good. I don't know the whole story here so cant say anything really but from this little picture here, it doesn't look good.

Reply Posted by Mary on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 11:41
Mmmm she's on benefits but the dad works full time to provide and she's not alone???? Is this a case of you've dropped her in the shit has SHE'S CLAIMING AS A SINGLE PARENT.... I think so cos I'm her bloody neighbour!!!

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 13:44
lets just say she is, is she hurting you?? or are you just one of those nosey sad people what like to stick their nose in to other peoples lives & get pleasure out of it....i was a single mum working, i knew people doing things they shouldn't to get by but they weren't hurting me so good on em....live n let live & concentrate on ya own life!!!

Reply Posted by Bill on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 17:18
Typical angry attitude when confronted just like feral dogs.

Reply Posted by me on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 11:43
For all of you that are saying she assualted someone whats to say this was when she didnt have any children. If Diane wants to keep having children then you go girl. Weather your on benefits or not hun. Good mothers are there to make sure children get food/drink bath shit clothes... not someone who sits and smokes there kids money away. I think it must be hard for diane but she is doing a great job!

Reply Posted by Mary on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 11:48
Yeah ME.... Claiming as a single parent but living with a partner... Don't deny this cos I know this for a fact!! That's really a good parent!!

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 13:48
a good parent makes sure their children are clean, fed, warm & happy, what they do regarding money isn't a factor in good parenting as far as i'm concerned, as i said before people do what they can to survive if that means doing things they shouldn't then so be it, i would do absolutely anything to make sure my children were well cared for.

Reply Posted by guesty mcguest. on Wednesday May 22 2013 at 08:57
Sally you make my blood boil, you're the reason this country is on its arse, you're the reason the bedroom tax is kicking in and the benefit reforms are going ahead. You're the reason there is no money left so the people that need it are now getting told no, benefits are not a human right - the money for them comes from people who work. Money is always an issue and soon you will find out people like you and people with attitudes like yours caused this, and soon your kids will reap what you have sown and you will only have yourself to blame when the benefits dry up

Reply Posted by maxine on Friday May 24 2013 at 10:43
well said guesty mcguest.. would all these BENEFIT MUMS still have all these kids if they had to support themselves, as in NO benefit? I think not!! Another kids, another claim, another reason not to go out and work for a living (not ALL single parents may I add). If you can't pay for your OWN child, don't have any!

Reply Posted by Mick on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 12:05
Once a sentence has been passed it should be completed or replaced with an equal deterrent like a big fine or some prison time. A conditional discharge is not a deterrent. If serving your sentence will inconvenience your dependents then maybe you'll learn not to do it again.

Reply Posted by anon on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 12:07
it doesnt say anywhere that shes claiming benefits so where youve all plucked that from i dont know

Reply Posted by Fred on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 12:14
Put her kids in care and send her to prison - she has to learn that things so does has consequences, and just because she is popping kids out like frogspawn doesn't get her off the hook.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 13:51
what another stupid comment!!!! have you any idea what its like for children in care?? i'm not saying it was the best idea to let her off with her punishment but to punish her kids is ludicrous you silly man!!!!

Reply Posted by J on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:17
Sally, She committed the crime knowing that there could be a punishment for doing it. It's not the courts and legal system punishing her kids - its her by committing the crime....

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 17:02
but you dont no why she did what she did??

Reply Posted by Fred on Wednesday May 22 2013 at 12:00
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
So what if her kids are put into care - maybe they should be taken off her permanatly..... must say what a great role model she is to her frogspawn

Reply Posted by J on Wednesday May 22 2013 at 12:52
No Excuses - if she did what she did she knew the consequences and should take the punishment for it. She doled out her own punishment and should therefore suffer the consequences of her actions not make excuses.

Reply Posted by Just saying on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 12:36
People are so quick to judge!! No were on this statement does it say she's claiming benefits!!!!

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 13:56
this mary woman is supposedly her neighbour & because it sounds like she is one of those sad pethetic people who hasn't got a life of her own she seems to have made it her business to know for definate that this mother does claim benifiits & has a partner that works, personally i think she should keep her mouth shut n look at the reasons why she is so interested in knowing other peoples business...

Reply Posted by maxine on Friday May 24 2013 at 10:49
if one knows of, or suspects a fraudulent act it is their duty to report it to the right authority. Good on the neighbour, I think you'll find that most good citizens would do the same thing :)

Reply Posted by Jane on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 12:39
The assaults may have happened before she had 10 kids?!!! So, about 10 years ago? And just doing her community service now? I don't think so. And, 'me', I think your statement says a lot more about your parenting abilities than you realise. I can't wait for the day benefits are slashed so people learn to live within their means, instead of being handed money for doing nothing.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:00
i assume you have never been flat on your bum & had to rely on benefits for any length of time, maybe you have always had mum & dad to help you in hard times, either way you've obviously never had to really struggle or you wouldn't make such a stupid comment...got help you if you ever need the benefits system but when you do its not there anymore, you'd soon be wishing it was

Reply Posted by grim on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 17:23
Jane totally agree.
Sally I think it is obvious that she must be claiming benefits or else she would have got a big fine to start with. Plus the report states that she cannot do community service because she is the only one responsible for her kids. If you are saying that she has lied about that and has a partner then really she needs to do her service or do prison time instead.
As for saying there is nothing wrong with claiming and working on the side then that is just not the case. It is because of that behaviour that people are coming down so hard on claimants.
End of the day she committed a crime and needs to pay one way or another. She should not be able to hide behind her kids.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 18:21
nobody is saying its right to work & claim, but if my next door neighbour was doing it & i was working, as long as they left me alone then so what, i dont care what anyone does as long as it doesn't affect me directly....it doesn't say she's single or on benefits, & i no people that had fines for violence on benefits so you cant really say that she would have if she was working, she could have a working partner that cannot take kids because of work....i agree that she shouldn't have been let off because of her children, there must be some way that she can do it.

Reply Posted by Linda on Wednesday May 22 2013 at 00:13
I agree Jane. These people that live off their kids think they've a right to have "free" money. They want to try supporting them by "working" to keep their kids instead of laying on their backs all time. Most of young ones ain't even paid anything into system. I've worked since I was 14 - I'm now 55. I worked in pea fields & potato fields to feed my kids. Stop having kids & get some work done to earn your money. In China the Government support one child, should be same here.

Reply Posted by J on Wednesday May 22 2013 at 12:54
You harp on about other people making snap judgements Sally yet you assume that no-one else has suffered hardship and that they've been bailed out - typical victim mentality where the world owes you a living and everyone else should pay.

Reply Posted by maxine on Friday May 24 2013 at 10:57
there is a huge difference between going through a bad patch and relying on help and support from the government in between jobs, or over a rough period (as I have in the past).. But to keep having children over many years, knowing full well that you can't afford to pay for your own nappies, milk n clothes etc That you are relying on benefits to feed n clothe your kids, well thats just wrong.

Reply Posted by ? on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 12:39
Think ppl should ask themselves what the assult was for?
Maybe she was protecting one of her children!
There is not enough facts on here for ppl to judge her.
The amount of kids she has does not determine the amount of love & happiness this family have.

Reply Posted by Jane on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 12:42
Just Saying - I'd bet you everything I had that she IS on benefits. Does she work herself with all those children? She's apparently single, so no income there. Maybe she gets some maintenance from the father(s) which wouldn't cover the costs of a child (and my judgemental guess is that the fathers don't work either therefore no maintenance).
Or maybe she's from a rich family who provide for her every need (and child).

Reply Posted by Jane on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 12:46
The COURT determined that she was guilty of the crime she committed, after she put forward whatever defence she had. So, she's guilty of assault. Why do you presume a criminal is innocent? That's just as much of an assumption as whether or not she loves her family more than the next person does.

Reply Posted by c on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 12:57
It doesn't say she is single

Reply Posted by Bec on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 13:19
The story implies she is single and does not work as she says only herself looks after the kids. Don't know of any jobs where you can take 10 kids to work with you

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:03
it could be that she is single & has nobody or it could be that she does have a working partner that cannot take the children, either way the outcome would be the same.

Reply Posted by what? on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 13:48
Of course she is on benefits you silly people! And she loves her kids that much she has commited not one but two assaults and then used the fact that she is all alone with the kids to get let off without completing her sentence. Who was watching her kids while she was attacking the victim or did they all have to witness it?! Vile

Reply Posted by your skint on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 13:53
haha makes me laugh she is claiming benifits and her partner lives wi her makes me sick this is a fact...i work 40 hrs a week and have kids just shows that people do have more kids for sake of child benifit.....fair enough have as many as you want but dont make us provide for them !!!!!

Reply Posted by what? on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 13:54
And of course it is our business as taxpayers, who pay for all you scroungers. If you are found guilty of a crime you should serve the sentence. I feel sorry for those children that have to live like that because of their selfish and stupid parents, what kind of adults will they become?

Reply Posted by what? on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 13:56
Sally, you obviously have no morals whatsoever and are probably a benefit cheat as well

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:14
i used to work as a single parent, my partner used to work but is now unemployed & claims for us both, but at the end of the day i would anything to make sure my children are looked after, i am constantly telling my oldest he needs to knuckle down & do well in school to try & secure himself a good working future & all my younger children are well looked after, i dont drink, smoke or do drugs so you can judge me on what you think is going on in my life but if needs be i would cheat, lie, smack somebody in the face..whatever to protect & care for my children, god help you if you were ever out of work!! most my family work, my brother, father, one of my sisters & not one of them would ever dream of reporting anyone for anything as long as it wasn't hurting us because we all know what it is to really struggle, obviously people like you dont!!!

Reply Posted by get real on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:04
scum, lock her up give kids to a REAL parent!!!! and to all those who support her get real! shes a violent person who is having kids to aviod work!! put her away save our disgusting town from at least one waste of space!!

Reply Posted by what? on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:08
I come from an hardworking family and have been brought up believing that if you want something you have to work for it not expect someone to hand it to you on a plate just because you are stupid and lazy! Benefits should be available to people that deserve them, not the lazy and certainly not for criminals!

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:29
no benefits shouldn't be for the lazy, & no not for active criminals but who says this woman is regularly involved in criminal activity?? you would assult someone what threatened your family if forced?? & what about people with a criminal past who have turned their lives round & need a second chance but can't get work because of their past??

Reply Posted by Jane on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:11
Money isn't a factor in good parenting to someone who gets their money for free. If you didn't get any benefits, it would be a very different story.

Reply Posted by Jane on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:14
And God help YOU if the benefits system is taken away. We work long hours, pay into insurance and pensions for when times are bad, and also pay vast amounts to keep YOU. I'll be ok, you're the one that should be worried.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:26
but you've just proved my point, yes i am worried, my partner has been told by the jobcentre that he is unemployable so yes i will be up shit creak if the benefits system is stopped but like you said you not worried so if you were to come out of work then you obviously have some sort of back up, not all of us have that financial support or have ever had the option to secure some sort of financial future just in case so you are obviously one of the more fortunate ones which is why you have never been in the gutter & think that its right, & a good idea, to take the system away from those who need it.

Reply Posted by Jane on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:15
What? I wish there was a 'like' button on here for your posts....! :o)

Reply Posted by ? on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:20
Best way for her to keep her costs down is to stop having kids she cant afford....

Reply Posted by Jane on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:22
Do you think it's important to show your kids - by example - what a working family looks like?
And your comment about protecting your kids, do you not see how stupid you sound? All parents want to protect their children, you're not alone or special in that, but some choose to teach their children right from wrong, that assault is bad, arguments are better solved without shouting and fighting, that vocabulary is important, and cheating and lying is to be avoided. Vigilante action may puff up your chest and make you feel good, but it doesn't make you a good parent.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:39
as i said before nearly all my family work, i have worked, my children are polite, & no the right from wrong but i also teach them that sometimes you need to do what you need to do to survive, that they should always walk away from trouble but if that isn't possible then they hit back, if thats wrong then sue me!! you don't no me, you don't no what my life has been like, each person to a certain extent teaches their kids things based on things that have happened in their lives in the past hoping that they are preventing history repeating itself, you can say what you want about my methods & way of thinking but my kids are happy, loved & well looked after...i can only assume that you are so pefect because your life has been so cushty

Reply Posted by J on Wednesday May 22 2013 at 13:02
Snap judgements again Sally - double standards from you I'm afraid. Next you'll be saying I only hit her before she hit me is a defence for assault. There are always legal ways out of things without breaking the law and cheating the system. Whether you're on your arse or not!!
It's quite simple - this woman shouldn't have anymore kids as she is quite clearly not coping as she has anger issues - why else attack someone and assault them. You aren't found guilty if you don't do it. She's got plenty of time to lie on her back with her legs open to get pregnant... by accident.... maybe she should stand on her own 2 feet and work off her debts to society for letting society down.

Reply Posted by Jane on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:27
I've not mentioned reporting her. Although I probably would, because, you see, it DOES affect me. It affects all people that work and pay into this system. You wouldn't report because of another bad lesson you're teaching your kids, and because it DOESN'T affect you!

Reply Posted by Jane on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:32
You know nothing about how forrtunate I am. I had a father you genuinely couldn't work through illness, and got the bare basic of benefits. This left us very poor. I didn't do particularly well at school, but I worked hard for everything I've got. Why is your husband unemployable? Why are you unemployable? Why don't you work harder to become employable? Work from home? Only have as many children as YOU (not with benefits) can afford?

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:43
i assume then the benefits in effect helped you when your father unfortunately couldn't work?? where would you have been if it was stopped then?

Reply Posted by Jane on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:34
Do you actually KNOW this woman's family was being threatened?

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:54
i didn't say they were being threatened, but is that not a possiblity?? people seem to think that she's just gone out & smacked someone in the face just for the fun of it which maybe the case, i am under no illusion that there aren't idiots who go out looking for trouble but nobody knows why she assulted 1 or more people, noone should judge until they have facts which we obviously dont

Reply Posted by what? on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:34
Thank you Jane, I would like yours too :) as for silly whoops I mean Sally if your fine figure of a fella is unemployable then he should be.looking after your kids while you go get a full time job!. I hope someone from the benefits agency is easing this and throws the book at the scumbag

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:51
yet again judging when you no nothing, my partner cocked his life up due to him being dragged up by parents what didn't care or love their children like they should have, from a young age he went off the rails, he has worked before he met me but it was cash in hand, he has a family he his desperate to go on couses, college, whatever it takes but they say because of his past he wont get set on & up to now that is proving true, also it may come as a great suprise but the jobcentre & their courses are absolutely useless at helping people who have no legitimate work experience & no qualifications but believe me it isn't for the lack of trying....as far as me gettin a job goes i choose to look after my children instead of palming them off to strangers, when my youngest is in school then i will get a part time job as i did with my oldre children.

Reply Posted by silly sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 15:49
Sally, just why I your partner unemployable?
I have been reading your posts and you talk absolute rubbish, there's a job out there for everyone, or would you rather your partner sat at home and sponge of the state?
It also speaks volumes of you to be with such a person, you both sound rough as owt.
As for the woman with ten kids done for assault, I bet she's a right role model for her children, just how do you think her kids will turn out?
Will they become hard working, law abiding citizens?
I dare say a couple of them will despite being dragged up.
There should be no extra benefits for more than two kids, everyone has a choice, unfortunately everyone takes the easy option - Banging kids out like there's no tomorrow as they know that the state will pick up the tab.
Times are changing, the days of freeloading benefit scrounging will soon be over and rightly so.
as for you get off your high horse and wind your neck in and get your work shy partner to take a minimum wage job.

Reply Posted by Linda on Wednesday May 22 2013 at 00:27
Well said Sally.

Reply Posted by mogli on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:41
go jane get em telled, people like sally on different planet tal never get any sense out of that type but rest assured ta not alone, people who have kids on benefits can be thru no fault of their own however 11 kids is takin piss, unless on hi income this is selfish pathetic, short sighet, and all this crap abart "id protect my kids no matter wat" ya jus protecting ya selves!! 11 kids and no job proves a hundred percent she dunt give a sh*t about them kids, take them off her!!!!!

Reply Posted by dztl on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:44
pple slag pakis for avin kids yet she has 10 take a look at ya sen she sud think bfre doing things.if she's a single parent then she is on benifits

Reply Posted by mogli on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:45
give it up as bad job jane ya wasting ya breath, the benefits junkies are on free cash, and yal never convince em to earn any.

Reply Posted by Linda on Wednesday May 22 2013 at 00:32
I agree Mogli. Me & my husband work long hours, we've no debts, only bills, we work hard for our luxuries which we rightly deserve & we only had 2 kids, which were hard to bring up. So! How do they go on with blummin 10.

Reply Posted by Jane on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:52
The benefits system did help my dad. And I'm not against benefits for people in genuine need. However, we were dressed in outfits from jumble sales and ate soups made from bone scraps the butcher gave my mum, and the cheese ends. Lots of bread, no meat. Bit different to today with people on benefits having 40" tvs, stagy dogs to feed, designer clothes for their kids and plenty of fags and ale. EVERYONE that are on benefits will argue that their need is genuine. People on the outside have heard it a million times before. Doesn't mean they believe it.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 15:09
need i refresh your memory on your comment ' I can't wait for the day benefits are slashed so people learn to live within their means' benefits are there to help all people who cant work for whatever reason, yes there are those who cheat, addicts, lazy so n so's but is it really fair to say that it should be cut for everyone?? i grew up with flea market clothes, bullied at school, oldest of 4 so had to look after others while mum worked nights & dad worked days, i dont usually comment on posts but it makes me mad that everyone on benefits is tarred with the same brush, people are too judgmental without having all the facts, yes the woman in question in my opinion does have too many children working or not, kids are expensive, i wish i could have been sterilized after my 3rd but hospital wouldn't do it, i just wish people in general would see the bigger picture & not make snap judgments & just concentrate on their own lives n leave everyone to get on with the own, people used to look out for each other & help each other, now its all about knowing everyone elses business, slagging off, putting down n reporting people, the country in every which way, has gone to cock & is sad to see

Reply Posted by Jane on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:53
*staffy dogs

Reply Posted by Jane on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:57
I can genuinely say that if your partner tried harder, he could get a job. What happened to him as a child is bad, but he's an adult now that makes his own choices. Like I said above, you won't accept any responsibility for your own predicament and do anything about it. You CHOOSE to stay at home. How noble of you. You CHOOSE to take benefits then.

Reply Posted by what? on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 14:59
Sadly Jane, mogli is right. They think the world owes them a living, they just take from the system without giving back, think they are too good for minimum wage but then spout off that immigrants are taking all the jobs. The government should come down hard on them, why should they get benefits, free school dinners, milk, council tax, prescriptions, dental care, vet care, and access to free education and training but working families get nought. It's all wrong and you know for a fact when a decent hard working person needs help it isn't as easy for them to access as it is for those that don't want to work!

Reply Posted by cnclr forbe on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 15:02
go on jane! totally agree, few more likexus and few less like sally would help loads and i laughed out loud at the "i choose to stay at home wi kids" comment some of us would love to choose to be at home wi kids but cant afford it!!! do u get it yet??? undereducated or wat! and as for jobs ive had 3 in 2 yrs and if i lost it tomo d have another in a week guaranteed!!! scrounge is the new earn it appears

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 17:17
all i can say is you must be good/lucky enough to be in a job that is in demand for people in that profession, i dont understand why people think its so easy to get a job these days, it used to be for uneducated unskilled people like my dad but not anymore, if my dad hadn't gone into long distance lorry driving he'd be out of work now aswel.

Reply Posted by Jimmy on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 15:06
Before everyone goes on a rant scapegoating benefit claimants, not everyone out of work is a scrounger. I've paid more than my fair share into the system and through redundancy I'm forced to give up my dignity and sign on the dole. I'm not living a life of luxury, far from it. What I am doing (apart from applying for every job going and getting knocked back) is not breaking the law and then whining about it. This woman may or not be on benefits. She could be a millionaire for all I care. The fact is she's got out of a sentence for 2 assaults using her large family as an excuse. This is totally wrong and if she won't do community service she should be sent to prison instead.

Reply Posted by mogli on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 15:17
people did used to look out for one another but dot blame the workers for change!! only thing thats changed os bloody benefits!! disgustin that people justify it or try

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 15:41
where did i say workers changed anything? its people in general whats changed from all walks of life.

Reply Posted by mogli on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 15:20
this is getting bit daft, so lets sum up. the woman has too many kids, she gets too much benefits, father should step up and work and if cant get work its thru choice!! she is terrible role model to her kids and shes a criminal, all facts,

Reply Posted by Steve on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 15:26
This argument has been going on for way too long and we all continue to bitch and complain and will do 'til the day we die because things will never change.

You'll always get these people popping kids out 'because they can' whilst scrounging off the state. You'll also get these people like 'sally' who will stand up for these baby making machines because she's probably one of them or the product of one. (That's me speculating so apologies if I'm wrong).

But back to the subject at hand; yes it's ridiculous that she get's let off with her punishment based on the fact that she has so many kids. That just gives her the green light to do whatever she wants knowing she'll probably get away with it by playing the 'I have too many children to have to face my punishment' hand.

This country is shot to sh!t and I'm not very optimistic about it's future.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 15:53
i am not standing up for her in any way, i dont no her situation, she maybe a fat lazy so n so who's knocking babies out for the sake of it, she may have gone out into the street n put a good show on for her kids by smacking some poor soul just for the hell of it, the fact is nobody knows what her situation is, why she assulted these people & if she is a good mother so people cannot comment either way, another example 'what?' took it upon himself to decide from my few comments that my partner is a scumbag! he doesn't no him, he does'nt no how hard he tries for us so who is he to label him that?? people are too quick to judge on small bits of info......the lady in question, in my opinion as i said earlier, does have too many children & shouldn't have got off with her sentence but that does not mean she is a regular offender, bad parent, scrounger or whatever else people choose to speculate it p****s me right of that people are so judgemental & tar evryone with the same brush.....this country is shot & i cant see it getting any better for working & non working.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 15:54
also i come from a hard working family, i am the oldest of 4 & i have 4 children myself.

Reply Posted by ark on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 15:31
steve correct pal,

Reply Posted by Jane on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 15:43
Jimmy. I'm certainly not saying that (although I accept it probably looks that way). There are people on the dole who have lost their job for no fault of their own, and want to find work again. My gripe is not with them and I don't begrudge them benefits. It's just the ones, like Sally, that defend women with 11 kids yet claiming money despite putting little in the pot. Hope you're successful in your search. :o)

Sally, you say everyone is tarred with the same brush. They're not. I believe Jimmy needs some temporary assistance whilst he finds something else, after having contributed to the system. You, however, despite telling me how you don't deserve your benefits to be cut (like everyone else who simply doesn't want to lose a percentage of their money), are defending a mother of 11 children, defending assault, defending lying and cheating, therefore, sorry, I don't believe you're particularly deserving. You also intimate that your time on the dole is planned to be long term, with a partner who has just given up because someone once gave him a cop out when they told him he was unemployable.
And I'll say this last point again. People claiming benefits DO affect me. So in commenting on this, I am concentrating on my own lives. You're right about one thing though, people DID used to help each other out more, if someone had a family and no job, thief family had to take care of them, financially. That obviously doesn't happen anymore, working strangers now look after you. The world HAS gone to cock but I think we'd probably disagree on the reasons why.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 16:07
they are tarred with the same brush i have read countless articles around the sick, uemployed & people claiming in work benefits all being tagged as the scum of britian & its wrong, it was only yesterday i read an article that people who were on in work benefits were still getting slagged off for being on those benefits even though they were actually working, its a discrace, the fact that a lot of working people are having pay cuts & a pay freeze is disgusting, while mps are getting pay rise, everyone is suffering just now, my mother is severly disabled but is scared to death they going to take her off her benefits, & whos said my partner had given up?? i never said that, you dont no how hard he tries, the applications he fills in, the interviews he attends??? so again, a snap judgment from you based on what?? all people have done for years is turn on each other, & now in these recent hard times its gettin worse.

Reply Posted by stevo on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 19:04
Sally, that's because the Tory "propaganda" arms such as the Daily Fail, Torygraph, Sun and the biggest one of them all, the BBC spin the vile Tory propaganda and lies for their Tory paymasters.
It also has to be said that our own people are idiotic and extremely gullible if they believe anything that comes out of these rags that whip up such a media frenzy about "workshy scroungers".
Tis the Tory way i'm afraid, demonise the poorest in society and get them fighting each other causing a distraction,all the while the Tories repeal legislation that has been around for centuries.

The tories will always ensure that the wealthy keep their wealth, it doesn't matter to them if they consign several hundred thousand to their deaths due to their benefit "reforms", nor does It matter to them if they consigns several hundred thousand disabled to their deaths by throwing them back into work by their "murdering" arm - namely ATOS.

I'm afraid programmes like "skint" also portray benefit claimants in a bad light, but as the topic of "benefit scroungers" is such a hot topic at the minute, then is it hardly surprising that people berate and demonise benefit claimants?

I am surprised they didn't make the programme in Barnsley, that would definitely have been the final nail in the coffin for our town.
Although there would have been plenty of subjects to choose from.

As for you and your partner, obviously your partner has had "issues" but don't give me the old "he can get a job because of his past" old pony, believe it or not there ARE jobs out there, it just seems to me that he just doesn't want one or thinks the minimum wage is above him.
Judgemental of me you may think, but that's the way it sounds in your previous posts.

As for the daft woman with ten kids, well done missus, you must be SO proud to have ten kids.
This is a damning indictment of society in general, if you have kids then you must be prepared to work and pay for them.
But of course that will never happen whilst ever we have "generous" benefits and free social housing.

Benefits should be a stop gap NOT a lifestyle choice.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 19:26
obviously i cant sit here & explain myself & my entire situation or i'd be here forever, my partner has cocked his life up, he can put his hand to anything, specially cars & electricals but doesn't have any qualifications, he want in the jobcentre & asked a certain idiot there about getting his fork lift truck licence or anything else that would help better his chances, the stupid person in question told him it would be a waste of time & money to train/educate him in any way as nobody would employ him due to his past, i was furious & wanted to report the man but my partner didn't get his name it is only the last 6 mths he has managed to get a really nice lady at the a4e that is trying hard for him, he applies for jobs most days online, goes to scrap yards, pizza places etc, even said he would have part time even though part time would only make us £60 better off, it isn't as easy for uneducated, unqualified people to get jobs & without making him sound pathetic, he has been tears cos evry penny we get goes on the kids & rarely on my partner, i never spend any on myself & it really upsets him that he cant provide for his family like he wants to, i have evry faith he will get a job eventually it just seems its going to take time. take from this what you will, people will think i'm full of shit but its the truth, we dont drink take drugs go out or anything, some people really do want to work, but for some it just isn't there or wont happen, 1 call back from agency about asos is all he's had since before xmas, most people would lose heart but up to now he hasn't.

Reply Posted by Jane on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 15:45
*their family

Reply Posted by Jane on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 16:08
Sally. I bet there's LOADS of things you get judgemental about. Maybe just not this subject. For YOU to be judgemental about this, you'd be being judgemental about yourself. So it stands to reason that you're going to think we're being judgmental.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 16:19
i have never said i'm not judgemental, everyone has their own opinions & judgments but i (usually) do it within my own home amongst close friends & family & even if i have made a judgment about someone indoors i would never make it known outdoors until i was proven to be right, there a a few times i have made judgments about people, got to know them & realised now that nobody, not even me, should judge but its what we all do, i just think some of us should do it in a different way.

Reply Posted by Jimmy on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 16:11
Thank you for your comments Jane. It gets very disheartening when people lump me in with workshy scum and give me disapproving looks because I visit the Job Centre to seek work. Incidently, for those who are not familiar with the modern Barnsley Job Centre, they don't offer jobs at all now. The staff just check if you're looking, something I've found astonishing. I'm overqualified for most jobs I apply for. I was brought up to believe in trying to better yourself by hard work and gaining qualifications but when prospective employers won't give me a chance because I've attempted to do just that it infuriates me. It also galls me when I see so many Eastern Europeans in work here but that's another argument.

Big families were a factor many years ago but that was due to either infant mortality (or adult given the safety of the mining industry in times past) or the need to provide another breadwinner in desparate times when there were no pensions and you got evicted from your colliery home once you'd reached the end of your working life. The welfare state was set up to ensure that we never return to these times, not to have a lifestyle of idleness and entitlement. Now contraception in many forms is given away free. I would love to have kids but I won't until I am in paid employment again then I can provide for them properly. People should take responsibility for their own actions. Having kids as a lifestyle choice is just wrong and will instill the wrong values and morals into them. If this woman wants to be a good mother she should start by not playing the victim and take her punishment with good grace and just get on with it. Finally, it's funny that dole is called a benefit while the Civil List is called an allowance.

Reply Posted by Jane on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 16:14
You're the one that said your partner had been told he was unemployable so you'd be up shit creek if they stopped the benefits system. That suggests to me that you both believe he is unemployable and that he has given up on being employed. If your mother is genuinely severely disabled, she won't have her benefits cut. They're not wanting to punish people, just to bring the countries deficit down by stopping paying to people that don't deserve it.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 16:28
as a person i dont feel he is unemployable, but as far as his past & education is concerned a certain person at the jobcentre told him that there was no point in getting him through any of the training that he wanted do do because an empolyer would not employ him based on his past, in his anger he did not get the persons name as i wanted to report him, he now has a different worker that is trying really hard to get him a job & yes if benefits were to stop before he gets a job, training, further education etc, we would be in trouble....my mum is scared because of all the horror stories she has heard also i was informed by D.A.I.L that they were having to help genuine disabled people appeal against the descision to stop their benefits, no wonder genuine disabled people are worried.

Reply Posted by AHR on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 16:16
disgusting, let's see what happens the next time she's up before the beak !
Probably say she needs a Mansion building to curb her aggression.

Reply Posted by Jane on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 16:18
Well said Jimmy. And crikey, that's bad that they don't display jobs in the job centre anymore!!

The only thing I would say is - at least the Eastern Europeans are willing to work, and generally for minimum wage. They often take the jobs that the people over here turn their noses up at. I can't criticise their work ethic.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 16:30
as far as jobcentre displaying jobs go, my partner came home last week with a job for a tyre fitter in wombwell that he had got off the desk so they still display jobs somewhere, i dont no if they still have the printout machines though, come to think he hasnt brought a print out home for a while.

Reply Posted by Jane on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 16:30
Look Sally. I feel bad that you're getting the brunt of this on here. But maybe you see how others view you. Maybe these opinions wouldn't be voiced to your face, I would probably be too polite in person. However, the nature of Internet forums means you can give your true opinions on matters. I'm not a big fan on 'Internet warriors', and at the moment I sound like one, so I'm butting out now. I certainly don't want to hurt your feelings. I hope you can take something from this though. If only how other people view things.

Reply Posted by Jimmy on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 16:37
Jane, for every tracksuit scratter with a can in their hand you see hanging around the Job Centre there are many more normal people who want to work. The Eastern Europeans do have a good work ethic but so do many more people UK born and bred. It's the fault of employers, not the Poles. They're just taking advantage of the situation as economic migrants. I'm willing to work for wages that 10 years ago I wouldn't have even considered but that's the times we live in. Before everyone gets on their high horses about unemployed people remember that it could just as easily be you sometime soon. The staff from Jessop's, HMV and Blockbuster to name but a few thought that they were in secure employment but look where they are now. Back to the horrible woman, get her some marigolds, overalls, a brush and some paintstripper and get her tidying up this shithole that we all call home.

Reply Posted by stevo on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 18:38
Jimmy,
couldn't have put it any better myself.
The only winners of employing eastern Europeans are said eastern Europeans who send large amounts of money to their families back home and unscrupulous employers such as Asos and Symphony who get away with paying the minimum wage.
Hire and Fire "employment" agencies are also the big winners too and the agency "placers" who place eastern Europeans with companies get obscene commission amounts whilst shunning our own local British workers.
Firm legislation needs to be put in place to stop these "employment" agencies from favouring eastern Europeans at the detriment to our own local people who want to work.
As far as I am concerned, there is evidently a great need for a workplace "cap" for migrants workers, 10 % per workplace is more than enough.

It is unbelievable that in this day and age we have a workplace in Barnsley - Symphony - which employs 92% eastern European migrant workers.

The casualisation of the employment market has not helped either.

The high street has also changed beyond recognition and yes the places you mentioned above are only the start.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 18:53
just to comment on asos/symphony, the amount of adverts we have seem for 'warehouse ops urgently needed, immediate starts' through agencies that my partner has applied for he had 1 call back from asos, asked him a few q's & that was it, either they aren't that desperate for workers or they are only employing immigrants & its wrong, something needs doing.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 18:54
sorry, a call back from agency on behalf of asos.

Reply Posted by Stevo on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 19:08

Although there would have been plenty of subjects to choose from.

Benefits should be a stop gap NOT a lifestyle choice.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 16:42
dont feel bad for me, like i said, i dont normally do this, it just finally snapped me how peope judge others on little info. personally people can slag me off all day, i dont really care & in person i would speak my mind, at the end of the day i no whats right in my family & more people should take a leaf out of my book & not let what others say bother them, but some people do let it bother them, really badly in some caes which is why i think people should be more considered when passing judgment on little info. whether it be on net or in person, some people dont realise the impact it could have on someone if the judgement is wrong, my great nan told me stories of leaving your door open when you went out, helping your neighbours, a disagreement between neighbours being settled with one shouting match then friends again, it may have been harder then but sounded a lot better than it is now.

Reply Posted by stevo on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 18:40
Sally, whether you like it or not you have made a rod for your own back with your incessant idiotic ramblings.

Go and have a cup of tea and look after your kids instead of spouting your drivel on here.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 18:49
i look after my kids very well thanks & as i said before theres no rod cos i dont care what people say about me, also i dont usually rant i am just so sick of everyone haveing a go at each other & making snap judgments when everyone in this country, working or not is having financial difficulty unless they are fortunate enough to have a massive bank balance, people should be sticking together & supporting each other...& i dont drink tea thanks

Reply Posted by stevo on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 19:12
You ARE making a rod for your own back by constantly replying!

Just leave WAB alone and go and play Candy Crush or something, better still get looking on the JC website for your partner a job and STOP moaning!

I do have a massive bank balance thanks & I do drink tea.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 19:36
i have a right to reply to comments aimed at mine, n no theres no rod because i dont care what anyone thinks, if WAB didn't want people to comment you wouldn't be able to & i dont waste time with silly games & usually dont waste time on here with small minded people either, thought i'd make my feelings known today, you have haven't you?

Reply Posted by No Name on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 19:50
Sally, is there any way I can get an email or message to you without anyone on here seeing?
I know where there "may" be some work going, might not be for a few months till we get busier though, tis via agency, long hours but very good money.

Reply Posted by Jimmy on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 16:53
Is there an appeals procedure that the Crown Prosecution Service can invoke against the leniency of this sentence?

Reply Posted by les on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 18:04
There are a lot of different comments about different stories here about different subject...not related.. i think this is the highest number of hits on we are barnsley that i have seen and most of which should remind you of why most people over the last 60 years. have left to go abroad to live ..not because of asians or polish comeing here but because they were pissed off living here with ignorant people..
Have you ever wondered how you got here most people in victorian times through the 1940s. had on average 6 to 13
Kids. ny own mother had 13 my wifes grandmother had between 11 and 15 so whats the big deal....and your the type of crytics who believe that china has the biggest population ....
Where do you think the largest populations in usa australia canada. originate from english in africa spain....bring them all back and you really would have something to moan at

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 18:35
this is exactly the problem les, ignorant judgmental people.

Reply Posted by les on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 19:01
But you see what i mean now everybody is talking about something else

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 19:09
this is what tends to happen though, for me this article is simply about a woman that got off with her hours because of her children & that shouldn't have happened, but then people start speculating, making snap judgments & yes i went way off topic myself but it makes me so angry how people do this, the woman could be the best mother in the world or not, benefits or not, 10 kids or 2, smacked someone with a good reason or not, she did it got caught & should do the punishment, but she shouldn't have got off with it at all, maybe change the punishment but not nothing at all which is whats happened.

Reply Posted by les on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 19:17
I would like to ask all the people who have written comments on this subject how much do you actually pay to the unemployed people of this country and how.....and i will explain why you dont....and before anyone starts to answer.
I am working

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 19:40
please do, i dont pretend to know anything about it, always been told tax payers pay for unemployed so i'd be very interested to hear what you have to say.

Reply Posted by stevo on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 19:58
I don't know how it works leslie, do enlighten us with your figures as I cant wait to shoot you down...

I await your response with baited breath....

Reply Posted by lyndon on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 19:30
Welcome to barnsley 2013 great intit?

Reply Posted by Cathy on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 19:43
I don't know what the justice system can do with this woman to 'punish' her for her assaults. I wonder what the victims think though and how they feel.

Reply Posted by les on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 19:54
I agree. and they do....sometimes you have to see people for what they are. its like the i caught a 15lb pike but my camera fell in the river syndrome

Reply Posted by les on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 19:56
And definately dont answer the no name
tell him to put his name and address see what happens

Reply Posted by stevo on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 20:01
les you really are thick aren't you?

you have obviously read both posts, see any tangible correlation?

read them again.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 20:07
too late les was carrying my daughter to bed so didn't look at the bottom, maybe he thought i wouldn't want the help.

Reply Posted by les on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 20:03
You havnt read the question.
You tell me how you pay any one person on the dole

Reply Posted by stevo on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 20:14
I didn't realise the question was directly aimed at me les.

Tell me would you like the full long winded round the houses explanation with statistics or would you like the edited "uneducated Barnsley" straight to the figure point of view?
I can give both juxtapositions.
warning if you go for the round the houses explanation, there may be quite a few words you do not understand and you may have to google them.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 20:16
i may be wrong, but think i get what your saying les...he doesn't neither does anyone else.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 20:10
i may be wrong, but think i get what your saying...he doesn't neither does anyone else.

Reply Posted by stevo on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 20:19
Sally, send me a blank email to smithdarton2@yahoo.com and i'll pass you the details on.
No promises, there may not be any work for quite a few months, the work is boring and monotonous but it is very good money even for agency.

Not very often I would ever put my own personal email on here but I re-read some of your posts and despite me giving you a bit of stick, I will try and help if I can.

stevo

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 20:27
sent....i dont mind stick, evryone has their own opinions, i only hope your offer, is genuine.

Reply Posted by stevo on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 20:30
Sally, its only details so don't get too excited.

stevo

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 20:34
as i said before any help greatly appreciated.

Reply Posted by lyndon on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 20:25
Always agreed with some of stevos posts in the past, never had him down as an arrogant bell end. Shame

Reply Posted by stevo on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 20:48
Lyndon, it depends on your interpretation of arrogance.

Some times one has to project oneself has having an air of arrogance if only to shut up ignorant uneducated posters such as Les above.

I am also that arrogant that I have posted my email address on WAB for everyone to see and genuinely tried to help out a couple in need.

misunderstood, yes but arrogant no.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 21:02
thank you stevo for the info. greatly appreciated.

Reply Posted by stevo on Wednesday May 22 2013 at 06:28
Sally, no worries, I have sent another email with the guys direct contact number, let me know hoe you get on.

Reply Posted by stevo on Wednesday May 22 2013 at 06:28
*how*

Reply Posted by lyndon on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 21:15
Fair play that was good of you. And yes i was refering to the previous post aimed at les. Thought it was a bit harsh. Dont see why you have to attempt to belittle people theres too much of that on here

Reply Posted by stevo on Wednesday May 22 2013 at 06:31
Lyndon, I wholeheartedly agree with your comments but to put it bluntly he was getting on my t*ts and I bit big style.

Reply Posted by what? on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 21:27
Sally did you really say that be turned down part time work because it would only make you £60 better off?! Surely £1 better off and s feeling that you are contributing to society is rewarding enough!!

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 21:40
no what?, read it again...there have been a couple of comments on here & elsewhere to insinuate that some unemployed refuse to take minimum wage, i said my partner, although he would prefer full time, would accept part time even though it would only make us £60 better off...even then if he did get part time we would still be slagged off for claiming in work benefits.....we were told just before xmas that a full time 40hr minimum wage job would make us £90 better off & a 25hr minimum wage would be £60, we were also told that come this april when we had to pay some rent & council tax & others changes are made then these figures would be less, we haven't yet had a revision that reflects the april changes.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 22:08
what? dont i get an apology for your mistake?? plenty of !! in your comment which obviously wasn't warranted...i have checked back in case there was a mastake that could have led you to believe he had refused part time work but there isn't, so....

Reply Posted by Dawn on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 21:47
This story is about the justice system showing some sympathy for a woman raising her children alone. The father could have been molesting the children and that's whay she's been convicted of assault, the justice system is rarely fair or unbiased. Don't judge what you don't know. We are Barnsley and the Barnsley Chronicle have printed yet another half-story for the pure purpose of raising tempers amongst the workers of Barnsley, creating yet more angst, and dividing communities that should be pulling together, caring for each other and working to make Barnsley a better place to live - for everyone.
Having read the comments here today (not all of them, there are far too many) we are a long way from that ideal. Everyone that wrote a nasty, uninformed comment here is partly to blame for that.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 21:54
well said dawn

Reply Posted by stevo on Wednesday May 22 2013 at 15:42
Dawn, yes you are right, another half cocked attempt to get the regular posters on here infighting perhaps?
Happens regularly, unfortunately when we have such a highly emotive issue like this people tend to veer off topic and admittedly I am one of the worst people for it!
Not just me though.

There are still some people in Barnsley who do care for the communities they live in, yes I may constantly slag Barnsley off but my venom is aimed purely at the council and their highly paid cohorts.

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 22:10
certain people are quick to comment when they think they're right but all quiet when they're in the wrong!

Reply Posted by lyndon on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 22:11
Yeah well put dawn. And sally you put you're case across very well and very eloquently,good luck i'm sure you'll be fine you seem to have a bit about yourself

Reply Posted by sally on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 22:23
thanks...had more downs than ups in my life but only made me stronger, we'll get there i'll make sure of it, just got to keep going & don't let people/life get ya down too much :-)

Reply Posted by lyndon on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 22:39
And for all the many snipers have a word with yourselves will you. I love this town and the people but i dont recognise the place now.salt of the earth barnsley folk do owt for anyone always renowned for it, is that the case now? So instead of buying your sun in the morning and swallowing the latest tory propaganda open your minds and show a bit of compassion the old barnsley way

Reply Posted by stevo on Wednesday May 22 2013 at 06:38
Lyndon, any sentence with Tory and Propaganda in it are copyrighted to me so you owe me money lad ;)
On a serious note, unfortunately the masses believe everything that is printed in the gutter press and crap they see on the telly, "skint" anyone?
Unfortunately, whilst ever these evil tory scumbags are in power and have the media in their pocket this is unlikely to change.

Reply Posted by what? on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 22:59
No I just have things like work to do, house work to do, children to look after. I haven't got the luxury of wasting all day and night on the internet! Apologies for reading your post wrong but like I say I'm busy, but you wouldn't be the first I've heard say that there's no point cos they would only be £10, £20, £50 even £100 better off! Wish I had £10 extra at the end of every month.

Reply Posted by Wendy on Wednesday May 22 2013 at 08:50
well, after ploughing for 2 hours almost to read all these comments made, firstly, i have 2 children, now both grown up, after my 2nd son was born we decided not to have any more, i was not allowed to have the "mini" pill for health reasons, but we not only used a different method of contraception, we also used our common sense and knew that to have more children we would be reduced to poverty, both on low income jobs, rather than live off the state we stuck to our guns....... life has been tough but we managed on our earnings........ having all them children is ridiculas, no doubt she loves each and every one of them with all her heart, but is this a world for young children to grow into, can anyone imagine the poverty in 20-30 years time........ and 2ndly, my husband was made redundant at 48, i thought our life was over, we'd loose our house, we'd av no choice but to live off benefits......... who in their right minds would give a man of 48 a job when all these young people were wanting work......... oh wrong was i, my husband sat miserable for a few weeks but then got up one morning and said he would find another job........ it took him 17weeks of constantly filling in application forms, CV's, going out of the house at 8 in the morning, driving out of barnsley, looking for someone to give him a chance, and he did it in the end........ he found a job working in a warehouse of a high street store, back breaking for a man who is now 53, but he did it, he made me proud and fought back............ so if anyone is dedicated enough to want a job, they will find one !!!!!.....

Reply Posted by stevo on Wednesday May 22 2013 at 15:38
Wendy, highly commendable and well done to your hubby for finding a job.
I know how hard it is I have been there too, there are jobs out there but there aren't many and most certainly many that pay more than the minimum wage in Barnsley and the surrounding areas.

It also has to be said that the original "reporting" of this thread was extremely lazy journalism, perhaps to get the regular posters in fighting perhaps?
You decide.

Reply Posted by joan on Wednesday May 22 2013 at 08:54
they should base benefits on what contributions you have paid..... why should some one who has never had a job be on the same benefits has a person who has worked all their lives, but lost their job through no fault of their own !!!............ the goverment ant got a clue, and has for the woman in question pregnant with her 11 child, well obvioulsy she has no self respect for a start, i wonder how many of her children have the same father,........ disgusting slapper !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Posted by mandie on Friday May 24 2013 at 08:14
Dnt judge somebody u dnt know, she's a great mam to all them kids

Reply Posted by Tom M on Friday May 24 2013 at 08:22
Why on earth does the taxpayer have to keep picking up the tab for irresponsible and stupid people like this who cant keep their legs shut. No man around for her latest pregnancy. What a disgrace.
I think Social services need to get involved here as this woman has no intention of working and because of her criminal activity is a bad role model.
People should only have kids if they can afford them. That does not mean benefits and the tax payer picking up the tab. If they cant afford them and it means benefits then perhaps social services should take them away at birth.

Reply Posted by CT on Friday May 24 2013 at 08:26
It's the children I feel sorry for. We uphold the rights of people to have as many children as they wish no matter what their economic, social, physical or mental state but no thought whatsoever is given to the kind of life those children will forced to lead. I question the motives of anyone bringing a child into the world when they can't provide properly for it. That's not parenting, it's breeding.

Reply Posted by observer on Friday May 24 2013 at 08:27
I read this with interest. all the comments. it wasn't uncommon for couples to have large families at one time. perhaps we should not attack our own. and local people for doing this. maybe we should turn our attention to the muslim communities, who are breeding for a specific reason. and also claiming millions of our taxes for benefits.

Reply Posted by Nicola on Friday May 24 2013 at 08:29
Not being funny but slating people who have no choice but to be on benefits is disgusting. I am a single mum of two young children and I am forced to be on benefits since I lost my job in march. There aren't many jobs out there so lets get facts straight. If it was you the " tax payers" forced to be on benefits for what ever reasons you wouldn't be quick to judge then. Some people are ashamed to be on them and I am one of those people. At end of the day being a single parent is hard and I take my hat of to her for that but as for the 2 assaults that's not setting a good example to her kids.

Reply Posted by Jane 35 on Friday May 24 2013 at 09:16
Typical benefit thieving woman who will never work a day in her life popping out kids left right & centre. Too many of them! And those sticking up for her are clearly of the same mentality that us taxpayers owe you something! Disgeaceful people.

Reply Posted by maxine on Friday May 24 2013 at 10:12
so who looked after her kids when she made the two assaults?? I don't know what a real solution is here... but I know what I'd like to happen!!