Upload a photo Upload a video Upload an mp3 Upload an event


Nursing Home Residents Evacuated

Thursday April 25 2013

Home evacuation Home evacuation

RESIDENTS at a nursing home in Gilroyd were evacuated.

The incident last Thursday morning came after a pan was left on a hob.

Fire crews from Barnsley and Cudworth attended Water Royd House on Locke Road at about 8.45am.

The 15 residents were escorted off the premises, but the kitchen suffered only smoke damage.

The fire crews left at 9.30am.

Leave a comment
comments powered by Disqus
2 Showing 2 comments

Reply Posted by Frank(Outhouse Sports Books) on Thursday April 25 2013 at 15:44
Hope everyone is safe and well.

Reply Posted by Janine on Saturday April 27 2013 at 18:13
I do hope everyone is safe and well.
The report does not disclose who or how a pan was left unattended. I assume as it is reported as a 'Nursing Home' none of the residents would have access to the kitchen area.
So was this accident a result of negligence? Under staffing? Something that Barnsley Adult Safeguarding Board need to look into?

ipso Regulated