Upload a photo Upload a video Upload an mp3 Upload an event

News


Chip pan causes kitchen fire

Wednesday February 20 2019




A MAN had a lucky escape after a chip pan caused a fire at his home on Saturday.

Firefighters from Barnsley, Tankersley and Rotherham were called to a house following reports of a kitchen fire.

Upon arrival a man was found suffering from smoke inhalation after extinguishing the fire himself.

Crews provided the man with oxygen therapy before fitting two smoke alarms.

The fire started after he’d turned a chip pan on after having a few drinks and then fallen asleep.




Leave a comment
comments powered by Disqus