AN electric heater caused a living room fire. On Saturday at 12.18am, fire crews were called to Lansdowne Close, Thurnscoe following reports of the fire.

Crews from Cudworth, Doncaster and Edlington spent two hours putting out the fire and checking the house for any further damage.

A spokesman from South Yorkshire fire said: “The cause of the fire was down to a small portable heater where clothes had come in contact.

"There was also damage to the carpet which was cut out and removed to check the floor. No one was injured during the incident.”