POLICE have issued a warning following the death of a dog after it had eaten chicken allegedly laced with poison.
Reports over the weekend suggested the puppy had died after eating the meat found in the garden of a house near Penny Pie Park and Dodworth Road.
Temporary Sergaent of the status dog team Matthew Duffy has said: “We urge everyone to be vigilant about what their dogs may pick up and eat, as it could contain something harmful and cause them to become ill.
“South Yorkshire Police work with a number of partner agencies to investigate cases of cruelty and harm to dogs, and based upon the information gathered through different lines of enquiry appropriate action will be taken.
“If you have any concerns relating to a dog please don’t hesitate to contact police on 101.”