South Yorkshire Firefighters are again warning the public to take care with fireworks after a shed was completely destroyed in Rotherham.

A rocket from a family firework display ignited the shed on Verelst Avenue, Aston at around 8pm on Saturday night.

Top tips for staying safe this bonfire period are:

Bonfires– attend a public display rather than holding your own.

Displays– if you do hold your own event, keep bonfires and fireworks well away from buildings, sheds and trees.

Fireworks– store them securely and out of reach of children and follow instructions on the box.