A MAJOR scheme to repair some of Barnsley's worst roads will begin next month - costing over £1 million.
Contractor Derek Lewis Ltd, of Doncaster, will be carrying out resurfacing work on several of the town's main roads and road closures will be in place.
It will include works to
* Doncaster Road, patch between Ardsley and Darfield (Road closed Feb 7 to 9) Sunday, 7 to Tuesday, 9 February.
* Allots Corner, Hoyland Common to Lidgett Garage will be closed overnight on Feb 19.
* Ingbirchworth to Hoylandswaine Roundabout
* Barnsley Road, Barugh – Patch near Dearne Hall Road
* A629 Wortley to Crane Moor
Coun Roy Miller said: “These works will greatly improve some of the borough’s most-used roads, which will benefit residents."