A PET owner has urged others to be wary - after her five-year-old cat was poisoned.
Anna Austin rescued Charley when she was a six-month-old kitten but the beloved family pet had to be put to sleep on Tuesday.
The 36-year-old, of St Helen's Way, Monk Bretton, said: "She was in my neighbour's garden in a bad way, so we took her to the vets and found out she had been poisoned when blood tests came back.
"The kids are so upset. It's not nice and we have no idea why anyone would do such a thing."
It's the second reported animal killing in a week, following the death of Tilly, Michelle Steeple's seven-year-old horse which was allegedly stabbed.
Contact 0300 123 8018 if you have any information.