ONE man remains in Barnsley Hospital with serious head injuries and several more were injured as violence erupted at a professional boxing show at the Metrodome.
The violence quickly escalated from what appeared to be banter between fans to a riot with missiles being thrown - including chairs and bottles - from the stands above.
It appeared football rivalry sparked the violence, as football-related chants were shouted.
The show, on September 20, was being filmed by Hatton Television, owned by former boxing star Ricky Hatton, but the memory card has been confiscated by police.
Fighting continued throughout the building and outside and areas were still cordoned off the following
The main event, featuring Stairfoot light-middleweight Matthew Mallin and Denaby's Adam Jones, was cancelled and a fight between Leeds boxer Damon Jones and Simone Lucas, which was happening at the time of the violence, was deemed a no contest.
It appeared Jones's fans were at the centre of the trouble and he pleaded with his fans to calm down after the third round.
Newark-based promoter Carl Greaves remains upset about what happened.
"I've heard contrasting reports about what caused the trouble and it sounds like it was a bit from both sides but in the end it stems down to football.
"We had 12 security lads working the show but if it's going to go off, it's going to go off. We can't have one security for every person that's there."
This does put doubt into whether professional boxing will be allowed to continue at the venue.
Carl added: "I've spoken to the manager and with there being nothing booked in for the rest of this year we're going to let it cool off and look again later this year.
"We do have some talented boxers from Barnsley and if they don't box in their hometown then their careers are likely to suffer."
The gym and bowling alleys at the Metrodome were closed for business on Saturday morning.
Det Ch Insp Mark Wilkie said they were still trying to trace people who had been at the show.
A spokesman for the Metrodome said: "We can confirm there was an incident at the boxing event. At this time we are assisting police with their enquiries."