CHANGES to GCSE examinations will be unveiled later today.
The current grading system with A* to G grade passes, will be abolished and replaced with numerical points ranging from 1 to 8.
A 6,7 or 8 point pass will be the equivalent of today's A* or A grade.
From 2015, the new-look GCSEs will move from coursework and continuous assessment to exams at the end of two years.
Here's a list of what to expect in today's unveil:
- Grading by numbers 8-1 rather than by the current letters A* to G
- No more modular courses, instead full exams taken at the end of two years
- Controlled assessments (coursework done under exam conditions) will be scrapped
- Exams to be based on a more stretching, essay-based system
- Pass mark to be pushed higher
What do you think to the proposed changes? Have your say below.