Residents Warned After Shed Break In Spate

Thursday July 19 2012

POLICE are warning residents in the Hoyland area to be more vigilant after a spate of thefts from sheds and garages.

Sgt Phil Jenkins, of Hoyland SNT, said the nature of the crimes suggested they were being committed by people looking to make a quick bit of cash.

He said: "Clearly they're easy targets overnight and we're appealing for people to secure their properties and report anyone acting suspiciously."

An incident on Cloughfields Road, Hoyland, was reported to police between July 8 and 9 when an attempt was made to remove a garage window.

On July 8 an alarm was set off at around 12.30am at a property on Sheffield Road, Hoyland Common with damage done to a garage door.

The previous week a stable was broken into on Upper Hoyland Road between July 2 and 4 with riding equipment stolen.

Sgt Jenkins said: "We do rely on the public being a bit nosy. If they hear anything then they should phone straight away rather than wait for the morning."

Earlier this month two incidents were reported on Longfields Crescent, Hoyland with a ground floor window forced at one property between July 2 and
4 while an attempt was made to force a PVC door at another address on July 4.

On the same day, a games console was stolen from a house on Wombwell Road, Platts Common.

Sgt Jenkins said tackling the problem was a top priority for Hoyland SNT.

Reply Posted by king louis on Thursday July 19 2012 at 11:39
So who's just come out of prison then?...the police know

Reply Posted by sarah brown on Thursday July 19 2012 at 14:34
if its the same people who broke into my shed and took my sons bike about 2 weeks ago i hope someone finds them in their shed and batters them with a spade

Reply Posted by John on Thursday July 19 2012 at 19:01
Police might as well be gardens gnomes, They make no attempt to catch those responsible, but are all too quick in slapping a £60 fine on people speeding because it is a result with no work at all.
Just had 20K worth nicked, so might just consider taking matters into my own hands...... Lets be honest the police won't be bothered to catch up with me.
another epic fail from south Yorkshire police.

Reply Posted by Louie on Thursday July 19 2012 at 20:14
Its not always people thats just outta prisoni my mate nos a lad who had his bike bike stolen and he went and claimed it back jut by walkin around he spotted it at house theyd nicked it n tried lying about it

Reply Posted by ryan on Thursday July 19 2012 at 20:18
is it just hoyland as i live in thurnscoe and 2 weeks ago had my shed broke in t & they took my push bike

Reply Posted by Joanne on Thursday July 19 2012 at 20:26
Its probably the same little s***s that broke in our garage in hoyland and pinched my 2 kids bikes that we had worked hard to get therm for christmas and when police rang me a week after me reporting it they just got onto me about leaving my bedroom windows open during the day!!!!!

Reply Posted by sarah brown on Thursday July 19 2012 at 22:08
Ryan i live in highgate and this was the 6th bike my kids have had nicked in 2yrs but was the most upsetting for my son it has to be someone watching kids so the police need to be locking them up quickly cause it might be someones child that goes next time

Reply Posted by ryan hackleton on Saturday July 21 2012 at 16:06
well sarah iv put an alarm on my shed 3 big locks and carpet gripers they cant leave owt alone they r nothin but scum & need there hands choppin off like i said t r lass the next person t come up my path who int invited r gettin a bat as i spent alot of money rebuilding the bike the police came out but dint do owt

Reply Posted by louie on Friday July 20 2012 at 10:45
my mate lives in hoyland his dad said by the looks of property they stole it to weigh it in

Reply Posted by ryan on Saturday July 21 2012 at 15:49

Reply Posted by sarah on Sunday July 22 2012 at 20:02
I have an alarm now also have several other things near my back gate so if they get in they might lose a foot or two its doing my head in now i want to know whos been in my garden without my permission

Reply Posted by ryan on Saturday July 28 2012 at 15:51
u do ryt sarah they want ther hands chopping off

Reply Posted by ryan hackleton on Saturday July 21 2012 at 21:46
here i have made a group so ppl can list there stolen push bike if the police wont do any thing i think we shuld thanks

Reply Posted by sharon on Sunday July 22 2012 at 12:36
they want locking up isnt it okay when your'e stuff isnt safe bring bacjk corporal punishment

Add new comment
Your email address will not be visible to other users of the website when you leave a comment.