Couple Worry Bedroom Tax May Force Them Out

Wednesday July 18 2012

A BARNSLEY couple are worried they will have to move out of their home because of the 'bedroom tax.'

The change - which comes in next April - will mean that people of working age in council or social housing will be penalised for having unused bedrooms and may have to move to a smaller
house.

Under the new government policy, people will be docked £22-a-week from housing benefits if they have two spare bedrooms and £11 if they have one.

Melanie Guy, 42, lives with husband Carl, 43, in a three-bedroom house at Raymond Avenue, Grimethorpe.

Both her and Carl are unemployed and receive jobseekers allowance. Carl also has heart, back and bowel problems.

She said: "I have been here 13 years. My house is nice, I have spent a fortune on the garden and I am going to have to leave it now.

"I have the grandkids nearly every other weekend and they both have their own bedrooms. When I move to my new property where are they going to sleep?"

Mrs Guy says she has contacted her landlord, housing association Chevin Housing, and has been put on a transfer list.

Barnsley Council said some locals may be entitled to discretionary housing payments and are encouraged to get in touch with the welfare rights department to ensure they are receiving the benefits they are entitled to.

Amanda Garrard, managing director at Chevin Housing, said: "Over the coming months, we will be contacting tenants affected by this new
legislation and helping them wherever we can.

"In this case, smaller properties in Grimethorpe are few and far between but we’ll pull out all the stops to help before the law changes.”

Reply Posted by gez on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 11:59
this new bedroom tax .... its totally owt off order ... whts up with us brits ... we take everything thrown at us ..... nobody puts up a fight for whts rite anymore ..... i do believe tht ppl who no longer require sud dwn size ..... but getting charged its wrong ..... i knw its not council fault ... has the GOVERMENTS fetched this .....

Reply Posted by z on Saturday July 21 2012 at 21:03
tax the spongers

Reply Posted by Paul on Monday July 23 2012 at 16:30
You are illiterate

Reply Posted by pam on Tuesday July 24 2012 at 13:29
they cant move you out if you state you each need your own bedroom due to disability issues, ie; then you only have a box room left.

Reply Posted by hsjfhsakjfhsd on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 12:01
yet another tax. this is disgusting that these people will be forced to move to a smaller property all because of this stupid tax. this government is DISGUSTING

Reply Posted by Guest on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 12:07
There is a huge waiting list for council housing in Barnsley. Families are struggling to get a house because there are single people or couples living in the three bed houses. I understand that some of these people had children who have now moved out etc but when you are having your housing paid for by someone else then you should expect to be moved to a house of a suitable size. I feel sorry for this couple as their grandchildren will no longer have a bedroom but what about the families whose own children are sleeping on sofas etc because there isn't a house available for them.
It is vital for children to have access to their own bed as sleeping on sofas, sharing beds etc can have a huge impact on their learning.

Reply Posted by colin on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 12:39
this is an example of why this should have been implemented years ago, why should the state, paid by workers tax, accommodate people in social housing when they are under occupying rooms. Can't understand why immigration is being brought into this, the rules should apply to everyone. The main reason we have a shortage of social housing is down to crazy prices people were able to purchase their homes and none were built in replacement for people who genuinely cant afford to buy. People expect once they rent a house from the council its for life, well I know one family that is really struggling at the minute having to sleep children in shared beds and on sofas, yet this couple feel put out that for once a fortnight thier grandkids will not have a bedroom each, CRAZY. The law should be ramped up more so that they are forced out of the house and not be docked benefits.

Reply Posted by ling louis on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 12:53
its not about a rent rise! it's about people being given "free" housing for the size of their family...if there family size changes then their property size should...if they have another 4 children they will expect a bigger house for "free" Should it only work one way being moved to a bigger house so when their children leave they can keep a 6 bedroomed house?

Reply Posted by Guest on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 12:56
If you're not paying for your house you should think yourself lucky whatever you get. If you have a problem, get a job and pay for it yourself. This won't affect working people who are paying for their social housing. It's about time these type of people paid some type of tax however insignificant!

Reply Posted by king louis on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 12:56
i think one spare bedroom should be allowed because some have estranged children that are shared between parents

Reply Posted by Rob on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 14:00
I think its time people on job seekers did more to find a job. There are plenty of jobs out there despite what people say. The problem with people these days is that there expectations are too high. They expect to walk into a high end job earning £50,000 a year instead of starting at the bottom and working up like the rest of us. I also like that this couple on job seekers has managed to spend a fortune on there garden. I'm sure it's lovely, but really? Priorities come to mind. I'm sure if they can splash out on improving things they don't really need. That an £11 cut per week won't phase them.

Reply Posted by Rob on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 14:07
Just wanted to add. You should stop blaming the 'GOVERNMENT'. Yes they have had issues and done stupid things. But David Cameron isn't sat outside your house stopping you getting a job. The only person stopping you, is you. Start taking some ownership for your own lives instead of passing the blame onto an easy scapegoat like the 'GOVERNMENT'.

Reply Posted by kirsty on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 15:17
this is disgusting i live in a three bedroomed property with my partner and little boy and although the third bedroom isnt used every day it is used every weekend by my partners other children but with this new stupid tax it means that if we was to down size my partner could no longer have his children and after all the fighting he has had to do in court to see them in the first place its just not fair!!!!!

Reply Posted by guesty mcguest on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 16:11
thats right get rid of all the immigrants so English spongers can sit in a free home all day, whilst the rest of us work. Same old sponging barnsley, where the honest worker is in the minority.

Reply Posted by mr,mrs foote on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 16:17
think its disgusting we live in a three bedroomed home private and have been on the council list 18 months waiting to be re homed in either a 2/3 bedroom house but still no joy.my hubby son comes to stay quite often which means if we take a 2 bed weve no room for him has my kids are girls,how is this fair.Its about time Britian looked after their own before others.

Reply Posted by chelsey on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 18:17
dont go slating people that are on benefits, in some cases it cannot be helped! i i could get a job belive me i would, were as i dont have to have a job with a young baby! i have time to go to college and look after my child thats about it. onthe other hand this maybe stop most pregnant teenagers getting pregnant just for an house, why should people on benefits have to pay tax when clearly we dont get enough to wipe r arses with. also motherhood ovthe hardest job anyone could have! i ur complaining about paying tax then ge on benefits!

Reply Posted by Emma on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 18:35
My sister has just downsized to a smaller flat with no quarrel. She was more than happy to. Why should people have spare rooms when some families don't have enough room. If family gets bigger, they get a bigger house, if family gets smaller that should get a smaller house.

Reply Posted by Amanda on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 19:07
I really cannot believe that people are saying that they shouldn't be downsized!! By the sounds of things it only effects people that are getting their rent paid for them through housing benefit anyway!! I have 3 kids & own (mortgage) a 3 bed house, therefore obviously 2 kids have to share. If I want a bigger house I would have to BUY another one. Yet I know 2 separate families who have 2 kids & 4 bed council houses!! Stop complaining. Stop expecting everything handing to you on a plate. Some people in our country really don't know how good they have got it!!

Reply Posted by Amanda on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 19:07

Reply Posted by Amanda on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 19:07

Reply Posted by anon on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 19:43
@guesty mcguest not a shallow minded, "jump on the band wagon" idiot much eh? You do realize some are unemployed because of redundancies and/or other legit reasons. Just another muppet thinking they know it all, as usual. Trying thinking before posting or leave intellectual speak to grown ups.

Reply Posted by Bec on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 20:08
Some people seem to be bringing immigration into this arguement to try and justify why they should be able to have a spare room. If two people both got a full time minimum wage job they would together earn £26,000 a year. More than enough to rent a private property with three if not four bedrooms in Barnsley. I'm afraid you have to work for what you want there is no housing fairy to make your wishes come true only good old fashioned hard work! I know some people have been made redundant but surely you will be grateful for support from the benefits and not be moaning you haven't got a spare room for when your boyfriend's ex's sister's uncle's father-in-law's best friend's kids want to stop!

Reply Posted by Rick on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 21:47
Can someone explain to me where they are going to house the people who fall fowl of this tax and can't afford to pay it. I think you will find that the accomodation doesn't exist at the moment. I would think the council already has a waiting list for single bedroom housing.
Might be worth We are Barnsley contacting the Council for a quote.

Reply Posted by Paige on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 21:53
Iya av just moved into a 3bed room house out off a upstairs flat with 1bedroom and council said if I don't take this 3bed I'm going off council lost only reson they moved me is Becz I add a baby girl not long a ago n a emecy c section and with me living in a top flat it burst open. I can't afford too move out off my house also cnt afford too pay that tax for my spare bedroom. My little girl is 5month old now n think she still too young for me to leave her n go to work!!

Reply Posted by Paige on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 21:53

Reply Posted by Paige on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 21:53

Reply Posted by Paige on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 21:53

Reply Posted by Tom on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 22:20
They do not live in a 3 bedroom house. It is a 1 bedroom house with an extra reception room and a study.

Reply Posted by Tom on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 22:24
I live in a 1bed flat, each year my rent has risen above RPI inflation by 0.5% and then some! My rent is more expensive than my friends 3 bedroom council house. Yet his rent has also been rising above inflation and then some.
Rent is no longer 1/6 of income it is now 1/3. Yet it is called affordable housing. It is not affordable, when you consider all the other bills and taxes.

Reply Posted by Terry on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 22:55
@chelsey ------ I suggest you wash your mouth out, call yourself a mother with language like that - you should be ashamed !!

Reply Posted by hauge on Wednesday July 18 2012 at 22:57
If you want a spare bedroom for when your kids come visit every other weekend - RENT PRIVATE !
If you do not wish to rent private - then either PAY UP or DOWNSIZE

Reply Posted by sam drayton <3 on Thursday July 19 2012 at 08:25
Its an absolute disgrace, bedroom tax ???? Wat the hell is that all about, my god like we dont get ripped off enough, in time it will be made so that we cant afford 2 live !!!! Sumat needs doin n quik . :-(

Reply Posted by Guest on Thursday July 19 2012 at 09:36
I don't think @Chelsey understands. We are not complaining about paying tax from our hard earned wages. We are saying that those of you who rely on the state for support should not expect such luxeries as spare rooms. And thank you for your fantastic advice about stopping working and getting on benefits! I might have taken your advice, as I would probably be better off (no long shifts, free money, being able to sit in the pub all day, no worry of mortgages etc) however I have far to much self respect I'm afraid so thanks for the wonderful advice but I think I will remain employed.

Reply Posted by Angry on Thursday July 19 2012 at 09:44
People who are on benefits should be thankful they have their rent paid and stop moaning. What about the rest of us who struggle to work, raise a family & make ends meet. Are us tax payers expected to provide for other folks Grandchildren now? Get real. Plenty of jobs out there for real jobseekers, makes my blood boil this society of benefits culture. Why should you have a bigger house than you need?

Reply Posted by maggie on Thursday July 19 2012 at 11:24
i moved out of a 2 bedroomed house into a 1 bedroomed bungalow as i live on my own i have 7 grandchildren ,4 sleep on a friday ,3sleep on a saturday every week so my spare bedroom really came in handy but in principle i have to say i agree that there are too many families waiting for houses to justify only using a spare room occasionally i now have a double air bed and a single camp bed that comes out every weekend to accomodate the grandkids that i put up in my room and we manage quite well and now a family who desperately needed my extra bedroom have a home to live in where they are not overcrowded although i must add i dont believe anyone should be forced out of there home

Reply Posted by sally on Thursday July 19 2012 at 18:58
this not a bedroom tax get a grip for gods sake this has been in force for years for private tenants, each council sets an amount allocated towards housing benefit based on the size of the property, council tenants were exempt from this and had full benefit but private tenants paid the extra from their benefit if they wanted a larger place i know loads of people that top up their rent from their benefit and still manage to survive, so barnsley tenants wake up if you dont spend all your money on fags beer and drugs you too will be able to do the same perhaps then the moaning will stop, oh and bye the way its not just barnsley tenants its nationwide, you know the answer get a job

Reply Posted by Jo on Thursday July 19 2012 at 19:56
I was having a heated debate about this with a woman at the school gates the other week. She was ranting and raving how she needed 2 spare bedrooms 1 for when her blokes kids come to say and 1 for her mother when she comes to visit from spain (where she now lives apparently) While she was getting on her high horse about not being able to afford anything to top up her rent as she barely has enough left over to feed herself she was chain smoking, then she had to go as she had an important call to answer on her iphone. Says it all really!!!

Reply Posted by maggie on Friday July 20 2012 at 15:02
not all barnsley tenants on benefits are fag smoking bear drinking drug takers sally some of us genuinely struggle i would love for you to live 1 month in my shoes and see if anyone would even employ you never mind you holding down a job i worked all my adult life untill i had to finish work i paid my taxes,and would love to be back in work i personally think its the most degrading,soul destroying thing to happen to any body who is genuinely ill so come on you workers out there who are lucky enough to be able to work and who seem to have developed an hatred of people on benefits please remember we are not all on benefits through choice and some of us only get the minimum amount to live on ,and you never know if you could find yourself in the same position one day

Reply Posted by Guesty Mcguest on Friday July 20 2012 at 15:44
@maggie, not everyone thinks that maggie your just feeling victimized. Consider this, if all the doley fag smoking spongers WERE chucked off benefits and made to work (of which Barnsley seems to have more than it's fair share). Don't you think that then it would leave more money in the pot for the people that genuinely need it (like you)? Maybe then you would be treated better by the system. Maybe then we could have better roads, better healthcare, better amenities and altogether a better life.

Reply Posted by maggie on Friday July 20 2012 at 16:38
i agree with what your saying i just wish that people would try and word things so that its aimed at the ones who are milking the system and stop making genuine people fell like the scum of the earth we feel degraded enough whenever i comment on anything i always try and choose my words very carefully so as not to offend people who are genuine

Reply Posted by Guesty Mcguest on Friday July 20 2012 at 16:47
I wouldn't take it to heart, forums like this just give people a chance to put their 2 penneth in. No one would speak to you face to face like this.

Reply Posted by maggie on Saturday July 21 2012 at 10:14
yes i suppose your right love, i expect with me being in my 50s i tend to follow the old school rule a bit that if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything

Reply Posted by Jay on Sunday July 22 2012 at 00:54
Get a job and buy a house, why should we pay for your endless problems if you want a bigger house buy one or at least rent one. Bring on the bedroom tax it's long overdue.

Reply Posted by COZ on Sunday July 22 2012 at 15:15
How can money be taken from what the law says is the bare minimum we need to live on if on benefits??? Also what is the exemption for this criteria as people like myself who live in a 3 bed house with my partner and son are classed as a couple + 1 BUT we cannot share a bedroom due to my dissabillity so what are we supposed to do then ? Ridiculous idea not thought out at all .

Reply Posted by maggie on Sunday July 22 2012 at 17:27
do you know what jay i know someone who had exactly the same attitude as you,he had his own house ,fancy car ,couple of holidays a year a good job with lots of perks and within 6mths of me saying to him nothing in this life is garunteed to last he had been involved in an accident,he can now no longer work hes lost his home and everything, the last time i saw him he was saying to me how am i going to live on this, do you know what benefits i could be entitled to, i dont know what im going to do. talk about hitting the ground with a bump needless to say hes changed his mind about people who claim benefits

Reply Posted by jus on Sunday July 22 2012 at 19:32
I think it's stupid putting a bedroom tax onto property. How would it work if a single person got married and started a family, how long would they have to wait before they get a three bed home. How many 1 bed props have the council got? It's more housing we need. They always find property for family's from abroad. Will they have to pay this tax too!!

Reply Posted by afafafsaf on Sunday July 22 2012 at 22:40
I think you will find that the families from abroad actually WORK !!

Reply Posted by t on Monday July 23 2012 at 00:07
This goverment is taking the piss people make me laugh whoever voted this co alliance in you listen to their lies and promises weather its the conservatives lib dems or labour they all lie and cheat the british people there is not one political party you can trust they all pee in the same pot the rich get richer and the poor get poorer they let in too many asylum seekers its no wonder the housing in this country is the way it is i wont vote for any of these political parties cuz they are all the same their is not one better than the others they claim for this they claim for that take back handers lie cheat the people of britain tax us on this tax us on that what makes me laugh you voted them in then windge and wine if the british people had to stand up and windge and wine and have their voices heard and stand up and be counted and fight this the most stupidest idea they have come up with why the hell do we pay council tax if thought that was based on the size of the property people next theyll be charging for the air we breathe or taxing you to walk down the street unless the people stop sitting back and letting this or any other goverment walk all over us instead of having a laid back attitude stand up and fight ill vote for ukip in the next election enoc powell was so dam right this country would go to the dogs and it is ive worked all my life and this is the thanks we get i wonder if the queen will be charged or the toffs for their bedrooms that are spare i guess not so why should we be charged if they arnt think about it people .

Reply Posted by k on Monday July 23 2012 at 00:11
In a something for nothing society, where people who dont work are much better off sat on their bums than actually working. I think its about time people who like a something for nothing society should have to pay to sit on their arses, the rest of us do

Reply Posted by Guest on Monday July 23 2012 at 00:18
@t I think you'll find the 'toffs' work harder than benifitee's in this country to have the priviledge of spare rooms. I definatly love working loads of hours to pay for my spare room, which i'll be sat in come april, laughing.

Reply Posted by maggie on Monday July 23 2012 at 11:15
well all i can say is well done government youve finally done it not only do we have a rich against poor country we now have a worker against none worker society theyve done a good job of getting the normal working class of this country to turn the anger they are feeling towards the government for actually screwing there asses off towards people who dont deserve it

Reply Posted by guesty mcguest on Tuesday July 24 2012 at 11:13
It's called divide and conquer. All planned. The rich divide margin is at its biggest since the 70s, no credit crunch for rich people

Reply Posted by p on Monday July 23 2012 at 14:18
People can be really arrogant. Obviously those people who are on minimum wage should be better off then those who are on the job center long term. Housing benefits should be there to help those who genuinely can not afford there rent. If you live in a 4 bedroom council house and there is 2 of you then unfortunately expect to be re homed into a 2 bedroom house. It simply makes sense. People have every right to blame banks and the government for the mess of our economy. We have also let to many imports into out country and yes 50% of these people do take up where the English could work. Yes a small percentage of today's generation still think working down the pit is their only job opportunity but whos fault actually is that - yes the government. Somebody did mention stop blaming the government and do something about it. I agree but people also need some financial backing for that to happen.

Reply Posted by J on Monday July 23 2012 at 14:26
As someone who has been fortunate enough to work all their adult life so far, and has paid a lot in taxes over the years, I agree with a lot of the comments about the people who can, but choose NOT to work, and why should we support them, but not everyone on benefits is their by choice, and it is not fair to 'tar everyone with the same brush'.

Saying that, when I was younger there were 7 of us living in a 3 bedroomed house, we managed fine, 3 boys in one room, 2 girls in the other room. It was a council property and we were never upgraded to anything bigger because we accepted what we had.

I do think though that there are people, including my own Mum, who are now using properties that should be made available for families. My Mum applied for a bungalow a couple of years ago....and guess what, there are none available! She has occupied the home she is in for over 36 years! She will no doubt be penalised for having a spare bedroom, yet the council can't/won't move her on!

Reply Posted by P on Tuesday July 24 2012 at 10:06
Whats benefits gotta do with it?....its my understanding that they are doing this to hit the benefits ppl to stop them totally getting a free ride....but what about ppl who work also...my mum is 61 and worked up until recently when she had to retire...wether she worked or not she was going to get charged for the 2 extra bedrooms she has stood...she has been in that house 40 years and its where we were raised and now we have all left why shoudnt she stay in the house and maybe hopefully the last of ther days without worrying BECAUSE we have all flown the nest she has now got to pay for it....every1 has a different story and so what if ppl are on the dole....decent ppl on the dole who look for a job...some who are druggies and dont look for a job on the dole....ppl who have no choice through ill health to be on benefits.....it all ends up with the same outcome = bedroom tax!

Reply Posted by maggie on Tuesday July 24 2012 at 15:30
i wander how many working people on here who slate people who claim benefits claim working tax credit, family tax credit, child care costs, rent rebate, council tax rebate etc, correct me if im wrong but arnt these a type of benefit .by the time my sister had claimed everything she was entitled to because she was on the minimum wage she had practically doubled her income.

Reply Posted by guesty mcguest on Thursday July 26 2012 at 10:56
The operative word "Work" people who work should be better off than those that don't, people that work do pay tax too.

Reply Posted by p on Wednesday July 25 2012 at 18:37
People who claim working tax generally pay some tax. I don't think long term job seekers or disability people pay tax.
I totally agree that if you occupy a 4 bedroom house and there is only 2 of you living there than either you down size or pay extra for it. It seriously does not matter if you have lived there 100 years. council houses are for those who need them. Child tax and working tax credit are an incentive for people to work.

Reply Posted by j on Wednesday July 25 2012 at 23:08
as any body given a thought t the ammount of work people have put into there homes over the years and money they spent t have t move n let someone else have the comforts not forgetting the memories of the long term tenants whose families have grown up

Reply Posted by guesty mcguest on Thursday July 26 2012 at 10:54
J, they are not their homes, I pay for council houses and out money into them. I don't live in one but my taxes help pay for them. There really cannot be a complaint, it's only the same as renting.

Plus the council pay for home improvements as well, kitchens windows, walls, drives, thousands are spent every couple of years on their properties.

I'm lucky enough to own my own home, no one pays for that but me.

Reply Posted by bb on Friday December 7 2012 at 10:07
we have paid full rent for 30 years,,, thats way over a mortgage period, as both my husband and i worked but our wages were to low to get a mortgage, that was until 2 years ago when my dear husband started to develop early dementia, so we used up our savings to get as much as possible done to the house to ease his life. i now care for him 24 hours a day, so yes we have paid our way, so please dont judge people, we didnt ask for this illness and i wouldnt wish it on anybody,,, and now we are asked to give up our home for the last 30years!!!! wheres the choice, move or go into debt....

Reply Posted by maggie on Thursday July 26 2012 at 17:53
yes guesty i agree people who work should be better off believe me i was certainly a lot better off when i was working but it doesnt alter the fact that its still a benefit thats being claimed and i can assure you what she gets in benefits for working far out weighs what she pays in tax

Reply Posted by eric teague on Saturday August 4 2012 at 09:17
this country is full of im all right jack people,thats the problem,get a job,thats a laugh,£6 an hour for 16 hours max,thats what kind of jobs ar on offer,i feel sorry for the young people of this crap country,this goverment is a total disgrace,so all you im alright jack selfish greedy people have a thought for the genuine disabled,and the not so well off,media spin works with a lot of you because you have been brainwashed

Reply Posted by bb on Wednesday August 15 2012 at 08:56
im so worried my husband has dementia we have spent thousands of our own savings to adapt the house ( saving government money!!! ) and we have to leave it all???? the standards of maintaing houses are going to fall dramaticly ( costing local authoritys more in the long run ) cos once your kids are a cetain age out you go! so why bother improving maintaing your house for someone else to benefit,,,,, i def wont or cant afford to do it again ill have to relay on government for help to adapt our new home??? crazy or what another false economy.. bb

Reply Posted by EddieGremlin on Thursday August 16 2012 at 14:28
Okay, simple move from a 3 bed house to a 1 bed bungalow / flat.
If you are on HB how the heck are you supposed to pay all the moving costs.
If you own your own home or rent private YOU CHOOSE WHERE YOU LIVE.
However if you rent from HA or LA they tell you where you can live...
You have to understand, most people who are affected are working people too,
what with ZERO hours contracts becoming the norm in the once great country we used to call home. The I am all right jack attitude that some on here have, well you should be ashamed of your selves (But that's never going to happen with short-sighted shallow people is it)

Reply Posted by Daveb on Friday December 14 2012 at 12:41
I live in a four bedroom council house on my own...i would gladly give it up for a smaller house of even a flat...i worked all my life but on a low wage so got help with some housing benefit...now i am out of work and disabled....i cannot afford to live as it is....i asked to be transferred to a smaller property but was told none are available...and no one can swap from a smaller property into mine because they do not qualify...so am stuck with no options...

This bedroom tax is obviously an easy choice for the government...if anyone complains they will be instantly told 'get a job' or give up your house..etc.....when in reality many cannot find work or may be genuinely incapable...

We hereof the working people complaining and taunting the out of workers for claiming benefits...yet how many of them are on tax fiddles, self employed fiddles etc and still claim working tax credit...or how many MP's fiddled THEIR expenses not long ago!...or what about all the rich people under 50k a year allowed to claim child benefit ffs?....and that's only on a single allowance..if they are married or living together couples on duel earning over 80k can still claim child benefit!....and dont get me started on all teh Disability free parking blue cards we stuck on the dashboards of all those Mercedes and range rovers and other snobs cars!

We live in a very hypocritical society!.....and also a very unjust one!

Add new comment
Your email address will not be visible to other users of the website when you leave a comment.