News » WAB Debate

Virgin Media - Have You Had Trouble?

Thursday April 21 2011

We spoke to Virgin Media yesterday as some people in Barnsley have been having intermittent problems with their connections. But it emerged during the conversation that they won't give us answers without knowing the postcodes of the homes affected - this is due to some homes being on a different 'portal' even though they are on the same street.

We thought that we'd bring to their attention that this isn't one or two homes that are affected - so we plan to collect the details and forward them on.

If you are happy about sharing your postcode, and you've had trouble recently with your Virgin Media connection, please comment in the box below with details of when you lost your connection so we can try to chase it for you all.

Reply Posted by Maria MacGowan on Thursday April 21 2011 at 09:41
Harold Ave, Lundwood, S71 5HT been here 2 years and my internet is always crashing, I need to reset my modem and router daily and I have had my internet uped to 20mb not made any difference and had a new router sent to me my wirless picks up better but internet is still a pain and painfully slow.

Reply Posted by Peter Balfour on Thursday April 21 2011 at 10:15
S75 5AB I have had a very good connection over the past13 years but lately the connection has been intermittent. When I phoned Virgin about one particular loss of connection 23/03/11 (as this had been down a couple of days) they were out the same day to fix it and the fault they stated was 'low power'. the engineer attended the large green box at the end of the street and was there approx 5 mins.

Reply Posted by Stu on Thursday April 21 2011 at 10:43
Yup, internet keeps coming and going, TV is as slow as a snail, they haven't sent me the hardware i'm supposed to have, the helpline is no help at all.......

I'm not a great fan at the moment, but i've just fired off my complaint to them and will be cc's a copy to the CEO and head of customer services later. Will see what they have to say.

Reply Posted by Arress on Thursday April 21 2011 at 10:58
S70 1NA - internet was off all Tuesday night, came back on Wednesday.

Reply Posted by T Dunkley on Thursday April 21 2011 at 12:42
S71 3AU Our internet is always intermittent, sometimes off for an hour other times off for nearly all day or just can't get connected at all, no matter what I try to do. I've tried resetting modem etc, all what they tell you to do & it's still no use. Was off most of yesterday. My parents live on the same street as me & sometimes when my internet is down so is theirs but mostly when I don't have any connection theirs is fine. They're not very good at rectifying problems or giving answers to how long it could be off, but they're quick enough to take your money off you.

Reply Posted by Darren hill on Thursday April 21 2011 at 16:43
s70 4lq. are internet was on and off from sunday last week to wednesday yesterday. had a good connection since

Reply Posted by S-markham on Thursday May 5 2011 at 11:28
S73 8HX, my landline goes off for days on end, people try to ring me & get the engaged tone & I'm also unable to ring out, this has happened 2 or 3 times in the past 3 - 4 weeks, it doesn't affect my internet service though

Reply Posted by taya faulkner-keenan on Thursday May 5 2011 at 11:31
yeah weve just had someone out to view ours because our box was taking ages to loads stuff up it was taking 5 mins to put a tv programme on and also it would reboot after playing 2 songs its been like this for about 2 months and when we phoned up they cancelled our appoinment twice because they was saying it was due to high demands in the area but we know it isnt finally got the technical team on the phone yesterday and they said it was our box and they got someone out this morning which is really good x

Reply Posted by Katesharpe2010 on Thursday May 5 2011 at 11:45
S75 1EJ my internet was off 4 5 hours yesterday but has been goin off daily 4 a few weeks now, when it is on its ridiculously slow, getting thru to them on the phone to find out why is a nightmare!

Reply Posted by Jta304 on Thursday May 5 2011 at 12:25
S71 2PD Janet, Monk Bretton. Internet bad on my PC. I thought it maybe just because its an old one. My catch up TV though is always sticking and I have reported this before and all they said was I had to monitor it from my end for a week and receive automated daily phone calls from Virgin. I have justed watched some catch up and its still sticking, so I am going to ring them again!

Reply Posted by Lee on Thursday May 5 2011 at 13:39
I was experiencing some troubles for 6 days I finally got on the phone last night and they sent a engineer this morning! the engineer fixed my issue and told me the last tech guy who came here didnt install my router correctly which was reason for my intermintant issues I then flew off the handle at virgin media and was credited with £39 on my account today, I was orginally told I can only get £1.50 per day my broadband was down well I wasnt happy so spoke to a manager and the team who deal with customers who wish to leave and they were helpful so I am now happy its all sorted :) hope everyone gets sorted

Reply Posted by Carterloobyloo on Sunday June 10 2012 at 20:46
S75 5JL Internet been off most of the day today Sunday 10th June. This is the 3rd time now and just wish we wasnt in an 18 month contract because I would be getting rid . I think Virgin is rubbish, and you cant get through to them to complain.

Reply Posted by JD on Thursday June 28 2012 at 06:34
s73 8nd. Virgin told me there was a fault in the area that should be fixed by the 28th (today) at the latest...

Reply Posted by Big_dave_batley on Thursday June 28 2012 at 15:25
S73 8PA during the last 5 weeks or so the internet service has been very poor

Reply Posted by A Hardisty on Friday August 24 2012 at 00:19
S70 4QQ, Only had virgin at this address a few months but it is already getting my back up, nothing but either intermittent or no connection at all, I am thinking of changing my internet supplier

Reply Posted by Paul on Monday January 30 2017 at 22:00
Having problems last few months with internet losing connection on and off the really slow speeds even though should be getting 70mb.. used to be really reliable and bang on but problems all the time at the moment, fed up

S70 6SY Genn lane area

Reply Posted by Steve Rowe on Monday February 27 2017 at 11:17
I live at S71 2QQ and have been paying for the 200Mbps service but only been getting at best 4.94 Mbps on an evening.

Reply Posted by Alison on Wednesday March 1 2017 at 18:09
Hi bought a large house booster and still the signal shows as fair