Divorced Mum Sets Up Website For Singles

Thursday June 21 2012

A DIVORCED mum has set up a website to help single ladies in Barnsley who are left with no social lives find new friends.

Debbie Lee-Wright got divorced last August and said she was tired of sitting at home doing nothing. So the mum-of-two decided to create a website to find some single friends to go out and socialise with.

She said: "When I got divorced after nearly 25 years of marriage I was left with no social life. All my friends are married and didn't seem interested when I stopped being in a couple.

"If they have been friends with both of you then they might not want to look like they are taking sides. I've never done anything like this before but I'm bored of getting home from work and doing nothing.

"It's all about finding new friends and meeting people in the same situation. I'm sure there are plenty of women like me out there who are in the same boat."

Debbie, who works as a dispenser at Boot's, wanted to create a free website for like-minded single women
who wanted to go out for meals, go shopping or on trips together.

If the website is successful Debbie said she would contact pubs in the area to try to organised a series of single ladies' evenings.

She added: "There are a lot of dating websites but they are designed to meet someone, not to make friends and they can cost a lot of money.

"I'm not scared of going places on my own, I went to Las Vegas twice last year, but it's different when you are going out."

Anyone interested in joining the group should visit
www.lifeafterdivorcesite.com and email Debbie at deb196448@hotmail.com

Reply Posted by Guest on Thursday June 21 2012 at 14:11
Have you had a look at this? Lets itself down badly with the page long rant about how horrible all men are and also the friends who kept cheating ex's secret or who never call anymore. Keep it to yourself!

Reply Posted by Deb196442 on Thursday June 21 2012 at 15:34
This is my story, and most of the ladies who have contacted me totally identify with it. Hopefully it will never happen to you as I wouldnt wish divorce and a cheating husband on anyone, it totally devastates a family. But everyone is entitled to their opinion, you cant please all the people all of the time.

Reply Posted by Billyjo4556 on Thursday June 21 2012 at 21:30
I agree ...especially when it's not true ! Your husband didn't leave you for someone else at all ....it's all a pack of lies . Yes he has found someone now and is very happy but this is so unfair .

Reply Posted by Julie1961 on Friday June 22 2012 at 07:31
Having known both you and your husband many years i can confirm most of what you state on this site is total fantasy. You need to move on !

Reply Posted by JD on Monday June 25 2012 at 07:19
Why should this be such big news? She's created yet another chat site, to along with the other 30,000,000 around. Why can't you write articles about things that actually matter?

There is a woman in woman in Barnsley that is organising a charity night, in order to raise money for children with heart defects soon, I don't see that mentioned anywhere?

Yet you will fly the flag for some woman who got divorced and learnt to use a pc, whoopty-bleeding- do.

Reply Posted by JD on Monday June 25 2012 at 07:19

Reply Posted by JD on Monday June 25 2012 at 07:41
I've just been to the website, I'm sorry Debbie, but you' portraying yourself as a total drama queen, and you seriously want to give your head a shake, portraying men as these insatiable sexual predators, and wives as the helpless victims. People only stray when there are problems at home, I know because I did it. It wasn't for a 'thrill' or anything like that, it was simply to reclaim a part of me again. I was trapped in a loveless marriage, purely for my children, you say he did that for 10 years, well good on him, because I couldn't have lasted that long, I'd have ended up cracking up. You seriously need to get down off of your high horse stop being so bitter and twisted, and wake up to the fact that he didn't cheat as such, you just drifted apart and he found someone else. Now the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to move on with your life.

Reply Posted by Yawn! on Monday June 25 2012 at 07:50
 *Boots*

Reply Posted by paula timms on Monday November 26 2012 at 23:05
Hi debbie am a single mum who lives in barnsley and would like to meet new freinds to meet up socialize

Reply Posted by em on Friday August 23 2013 at 17:38
Is this singles group still going? I just out of a long term relationship and am seeing far too much of the t.v ! Help

Reply Posted by copeland on Thursday December 5 2013 at 04:53
iam single mum looking meet new people to talk to fadup be on my own in group where can I go in barnsey don't go out no friends

Reply Posted by Mark ward on Monday March 17 2014 at 20:49
Hi single dads need love too ha

Reply Posted by cheryl Batley on Tuesday April 29 2014 at 21:32
Hi am not divorced or single but would like to meet new friends for socialising days out even holidays as I am 52 and have lost touch with friends and an bored

Reply Posted by cheryl on Tuesday April 29 2014 at 23:15
i cant seem to find the link to join the group can any one help

Reply Posted by shaz on Saturday May 10 2014 at 16:49
Im a single mum and seperated, would love to meet up with new friends that would like to have a social night out and a good old laugh.

Reply Posted by Dr Debate on Saturday May 10 2014 at 21:54
This sort of thing is fine and well done to the lady for demonstrating a time in life when people find themselves on there own.

Life is for living so let's make more people happy than living in broken homes and sad relationships.

Reply Posted by Tony on Sunday September 27 2015 at 19:37
I'm looking to socialise and to meet new people in Barnsley as it's hard working nights and chances to get out can be rare. I hope to hear from you.

Reply Posted by Lorraine on Saturday January 16 2016 at 13:08
Want o find new friends after divorce

Reply Posted by Jessie on Saturday March 12 2016 at 00:54
Hi! Im new in Barnsley! I want to make friends and have a social life.

Reply Posted by Kath short on Wednesday October 26 2016 at 21:37
Just come out of a relationship and need to make new friends

Reply Posted by NB on Saturday November 5 2016 at 15:42
I'm also looking to meet new friends after my divorce and get out again!

Reply Posted by rhiannon on Sunday January 15 2017 at 14:50
hi

please could you let me know if the web site is still current as it would be nice to meet up due to a separation and new to the area

regards