Farmfoods Plan For Former Pub Site

Friday December 5 2014

A FARMFOODS store could be built on the site of a pub if planning bosses give the green light.

The company has applied to demolish the former Athersley Arms building and construct a new premises.

The application said the property had been bought by Farmfoods and will be traded by them once the alterations are complete.

The position of the building would be set back from Rotherham Road with the main car park in front.

What do you think? Is it a good idea? Have your say below.

Reply Posted by Julie Goldthorpe on Sunday June 7 2015 at 11:09
It would be nice to have a Farm Foods in Barnsley. I like shopping at Farm Foods but Hemsworth is too far to travel. It is nice also that it is not in the town centre as it is rare that I go into town. Looking forward to shopping there when it is built.

Reply Posted by pearl Clarkson on Tuesday October 27 2015 at 19:26
Yes we need a farmfoods I will shop there

Reply Posted by P.L on Saturday October 31 2015 at 12:39
Hope store is as good as adverts say

Reply Posted by kay on Wednesday November 4 2015 at 17:27
when is the store opening please ? on rotherham road thanks

Reply Posted by Chris on Thursday November 12 2015 at 19:00
I think it's a dreadful place for a Farm Foods store. There's a massive shortage of housing in Barnsley and this land should have been used for houses. Shops like this belong in shopping areas such as Barnsley town centre where there is a lack of high street shops.

Reply Posted by mel on Friday November 27 2015 at 20:14
When does farm foods open on Rotherham rd please thankyou

Reply Posted by melanie goodyear on Wednesday December 16 2015 at 14:18
I am glad you are opening a store in Barnsley I wont have to go right to Hemsworth no more can just go down the road from my home

Reply Posted by Pat on Wednesday September 14 2016 at 13:16
It would be lovely to have farmfoods in Barnsley again I used to shop there all the time I can't get to Hemsworth because I'm disabled now a home delivery would be excellent can't wait till it opens