Christmas Schedule Announced For Shoppers

Monday November 17 2014

FROZEN characters, Postman Pat, Santa and a whole host of festive treats will greet Barnsley's shoppers this Christmas.

As the countdown begins, the Alhambra has unveiled details of its programme of events, which kicks off with the grand opening of its Christmas grotto on Friday December 5.

Late-night shopping will take place every Friday in December until 7.30pm, with the shopping centre being open until 6pm on other days.

Postman Pat and his faithful cat Jess will be present on December 12, while Frozen favourites Anna and Elsa will appear with Olaf the snowman the following Friday.

Marketing manager Steph Higham said: "We're all very excited for Christmas. This year's been a great one for the Alhambra and we want to end it in style."

Reply Posted by Mum of three on Monday November 17 2014 at 20:25
Sounds lovely.
This will work better for me than the Wednesday nights.
But. I know that Wednesdays were better for quite a few people that I know for various reasons.

Reply Posted by Me, here, now on Tuesday November 18 2014 at 08:39
I think the decision to open on Friday instead of Wednesdays will backfire on the Alhambra, can you image what Mad Friday`s going to be like in town for shoppers when all the revellers have had a few bevvies.

Reply Posted by hello on Tuesday November 18 2014 at 09:22
didnt late night used to be untill 9pm?

Reply Posted by Bobbi on Tuesday November 18 2014 at 13:13
yes late nights used to be until 9pm but since town goes empty at about 7:30 it's not worth it

Reply Posted by murk on Tuesday November 18 2014 at 14:31
When I used to work in the Alhambra we were busy right up until closing time at 8pm on late night shopping days. It's a shame to split the days, seems rather like the centre managers just expected all the shops to follow suit. I'll be sticking with the Wednesday nights as much as I can.

Reply Posted by Shelley on Wednesday November 19 2014 at 22:04
Can't wait

Reply Posted by Denise on Thursday November 20 2014 at 01:30
hi could you tell me when & what time Elsa & her friends will be there please?

Reply Posted by me on Saturday November 22 2014 at 11:07
Frozen is there on the 19th dont say what time so am asuming the there allday but u b better of asking in alambra nxt time u there

Reply Posted by CopyCat Costumes on Saturday November 22 2014 at 12:15
Anna and Elsa are there 4-7pm :)

Reply Posted by jl on Sunday November 23 2014 at 17:48
Sorry to sound stupid but this means they're opening late on Friday but the other shops are still doing late night on Wednesday's?

Reply Posted by me on Monday November 24 2014 at 08:22
You right about wends everyone I no will say same its a main pay day for a start but then again everyone will have been payed by Friday that's y theyv done it then