Police Appeal After Man Suffers Serious Injuries

Monday November 10 2014

South Yorkshire Police South Yorkshire Police

A MAN sustained serious injuries in an unprovoked assault on Halloween.

At around 10.30pm on October 31, it's reported that the 20-year-old victim left the Squires pub in Hough Lane, Wombwell, walking towards the Alma pub with a friend.

Outside a solicitors in Hough Lane, the man was reportedly assaulted from behind by an unknown man in what's believed to be an unprovoked incident.

He sustained serious facial injuries which required hospital treatment.

Reports suggest that the area was busy, with groups of people in the vicinity of the Squires pub and Alma pub who may have witnessed the assault.

Anyone with information is asked to call Barnsley CID on 101 quoting incident number 703 of November 3. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Reply Posted by chrissy on Monday November 10 2014 at 10:29
Where wa his m8 lyk y didn't he knock him art....

Reply Posted by Mr C on Monday November 10 2014 at 11:26
Not every one can fight or even wants to fight Chrissy and people should be able to go out without getting attacked its sadly a common occurrence in Wombwell these days

Reply Posted by Paul on Monday November 10 2014 at 22:29
And once again the first comment is one that questions why there wasn't more violence (and one that uses text type - or am am being too polite implying they can write in full sentences?) Too many people on here miss the bigger picture and either blame everyone else or promote negative reactions. Here's a novel idea - stay in school, get an education, be responsible for your own actions, don't expect the works to owe you everything, stop blaming other people and politics for everything that happens and learn about being part of a community.,

Reply Posted by Thomsons on Monday November 10 2014 at 22:46
Well Paul your post won't give a negative reaction, or will it. I have a novel idea instead of people like Paul trying to tell people what to do and what not to do, mind his own bledy business,

Reply Posted by the flash on Tuesday November 11 2014 at 09:15
well said thomsons. well said

Reply Posted by wombwell gal on Tuesday November 11 2014 at 10:04
Unfortunately this is a common occurrence everywhere these days not Just in Wombwell..

Reply Posted by Mr C on Tuesday November 11 2014 at 20:07
I agree it is everywhere but especially in Wombwell on a night you can't deny that its a bad area for people getting beat up for no reason its renound for it

Reply Posted by lol on Wednesday November 12 2014 at 12:07
It's not just especially in wombwell at all, no offence to anyone here, I'm just making a point to Mr c which is athersly both ends, new lodge, kendray, worsborough dale and common, Barnsley town centre and many many many more areas across Barnsley. Look at that poor man who got beaten up for sleeping on a bus station bench look at all the attacks on young lads who go out round town n get jumped n battered with a baseball bat which wasn't too long that it happened

Reply Posted by Mr C on Wednesday November 12 2014 at 17:32
Everyone knows this happens all over I accept that but Wombwell is well known for it I know that and so do other people you might not want to hear it if you live local or like the area but its still the truth

Reply Posted by lol on Thursday November 13 2014 at 07:56
So your telling me that wombwell is well know for the voilence, fair enough but I totally disagree. I personally have moved around a lot due to my father's work but I have lived in worse areas, where I would not walk out my front door due to gangs hanging around street corner the level of violence this particular groups of boys and girls had was unreal and they where just a group of 14yr olds and that was in greater Manchester and I have lived in wombwell aswell I have family members who have lived there all there life and never ever had a problem

Reply Posted by Rach on Saturday November 15 2014 at 14:27
no offence but I live in wombwell on kings road, and it is well known for violence because it's true, it does happen else where but not as much as wombwell these days, I don't know what this village is turning into!! Spose you have to chose who to stay away from

Reply Posted by Dr Debate on Saturday November 15 2014 at 17:32
I'm very surprise the police have not got there people this are allegedy cover by state of the art CCTV both pubs on question have more cameras the the BBC. Where the recording they cover the area in question ????????????