Warning Issued To TV Licence Evaders

Friday November 7 2014

A TOTAL of 177 young Barnsley people aged 18 to 25 were caught watching TV without a licence in the past year.

TV Licensing is reminding freshers they could face prosecution and a fine of up to £1,000 if caught watching TV, on any device, without a licence.

Recent research by TV Licensing shows one in ten undergraduates believe they won’t get caught watching without a licence, while 24 per cent think they can’t be caught watching live TV on a computer, laptop or mobile device.

Reply Posted by Andy B on Friday November 7 2014 at 14:14
Mr C is right you don't have to pay it under common law

Reply Posted by Mr C on Friday November 7 2014 at 14:42
Ok Sid you keep paying money to people who employ paedophiles and take no notice of me but if you actually look in to it and learn what laws it all comes under you might be surprised acts and statutes' are governed by consent and learn the difference between common law and criminal law but all my posts are a load of rubbish so you just carry-on following the flock

Reply Posted by Jef on Friday November 7 2014 at 14:57
Mr C is right Sid I never buy a TV license and I have never been to court or had any fines get to know your rights and Sid saying someone's posts are all a load of rubbish is a poor way of getting your point across

Reply Posted by Sid on Friday November 7 2014 at 15:10
Jef aka Mr C, How funny you both spell license the same, Licence, Sorry but you are sending false information under different post names and WAB needs to stop you, You are ruining the site for genuine posters, Go play on another site.

Reply Posted by sid on Friday November 7 2014 at 15:29
I pay my license just like everyone else has to by Law

Reply Posted by the real Sid on Friday November 7 2014 at 15:36
can WAB stop this fool imposter above, the real Sid can spell Licence.

Reply Posted by Mr C on Friday November 7 2014 at 15:33
Well that just shows how poor your knowledge of the law is

Reply Posted by Mr C on Friday November 7 2014 at 15:50
Sid your opinion is just that a opinion but if people look int this they will see the truth and realise by law you don't have to pay it people are too quick to just swallow the garbage that the bbc comes out with and get scared by their jargon and pay up how come I have never received a fine or been to court over it maybe I know my rights so they cant touch me as I know I have never entered contract with them and I refuse to let them in my home to build a case against me but Sid you feel free to pay up as long as you are happy to do so and the info about this is free for anyone to look into online and that is a fact not just your opinion Sidy

Reply Posted by Mr C on Friday November 7 2014 at 16:05
That's fine again that's just your opinion and it means very little to me

Reply Posted by X-ray on Friday November 7 2014 at 16:44
im guessing Mr C just let his phone spell license instead of licence. it's true tho knowbody has to pay a TV licence

Reply Posted by X-ray on Friday November 7 2014 at 16:48
heres one way
hxxp://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/money-saving-tips/10925912/The-legal-way-to-avoid-paying-the-TV-licence-fee.html

Reply Posted by X-ray on Friday November 7 2014 at 16:51
heres another
hxxp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2587588/7-000-homes-block-visits-TV-licence-enforcers-Growing-numbers-taking-advantage-legal-loophole-means-threaten-sue-collectors-tresspass.html

Reply Posted by Mr C on Friday November 7 2014 at 17:32
At last a free thinker X-ray. People are realising that its all a con and the bbc are starting to panic if you want a laugh look at the license goon vids on youtube it was coming across these vids that sparked my interest and made me look into it

Reply Posted by Kim on Friday November 7 2014 at 17:35
Mr C and X-ray the same posters...

Reply Posted by Tom on Saturday November 8 2014 at 00:28
There is a moral obligation to avoid the license fee. The BBC churns out propaganda on behalf of the state. It is not to be trusted, do not fund it, for the sake of the truth. "Enforcement officers" have no rights, do not let them in, do not talk to them. State you do not need a license, shut the door and ignore.

Reply Posted by hmm on Saturday November 8 2014 at 10:36
Sid perhaps they both spell the word licence as they do as that is the correct spelling? You buy a TV licence not a TV license.

Reply Posted by Dol on Saturday November 8 2014 at 11:05
i don't have a tv licence. Not because I don't have a tv. But because I never watch live tv. I paid out for 2 years before being informed I didn't need one if I was just watching Netflix and catch up services. Great 200 and odd pounds wasted xP

Reply Posted by Mr C on Saturday November 8 2014 at 13:12
Just ignore the licence goons and any letters they send just put in the nearest bin or just send it straight back to them

Reply Posted by oz reader. on Sunday November 9 2014 at 02:41
Us Aussies thought this was some sort of a joke to be billed for a licence to watch TV. The government could make big bucks if they introduce a Kettle licence. What next!!.

Reply Posted by Mr C on Monday November 10 2014 at 19:55
They would charge you for the air that you breath if they could in this country oz reader