Barnsley Hand Two-Year Deal To Part-Time Striker

Thursday October 23 2014

BARNSLEY have signed Mike Phenix from AFC Telford for an undisclosed fee.

The 25-year-old striker has penned a contract that will run to summer 2016.

He said: "I'm chuffed to bits - it's a bit overwhelming if I'm honest. My manager told me about the interest and it was a no-brainer.

"I'm used to training on Tuesday and Thursday nights so I'm looking forward to training every day to get as fit as I can."

Phenix, who was on Bolton Wanderers’ books as a youngster, has had a swift climb up the league system and was playing for local side Hindsford just two years ago.

Reply Posted by bananas on Thursday October 23 2014 at 16:47
bricklayer needed urgently.

Reply Posted by d on Thursday October 23 2014 at 17:43
oh danny boy what ya doing to barnsley trying to get um relegated ur a joke wi signing's

Reply Posted by Wedge on Thursday October 23 2014 at 18:33
Micky mouse league Tony

Reply Posted by Mr C on Thursday October 23 2014 at 19:20
What about next week tony that's future Wednesday

Reply Posted by Tony on Thursday October 23 2014 at 19:24
It may well be a Mickey (note the spelling!) Mouse league, but it is only a couple of years ago that the S6 massive were playing in it.

Reply Posted by Wedge on Thursday October 23 2014 at 20:00
Thanks Red or dead its people like you and Tony that gives me the drive to continue and of course Barnsley are useless Wednesday till the end

Reply Posted by Dave on Friday October 24 2014 at 12:50
Wedge how come owt going off your weds scum come out of your little holes

Reply Posted by Wedge on Friday October 24 2014 at 13:07
Your not making sense Dave are you senile or just blind drunk

Reply Posted by Wedge on Friday October 24 2014 at 20:14
I'm from Barnsley bfc noob Hoyland to be a bit more precise but I hate Barnsley FC so I am doing something I believe is positive and I'm sorry but I cant think of what swearword begins with k

Reply Posted by Wedge on Saturday October 25 2014 at 19:20
I will Neal the real deal Ian Beale silly billy suck my willy Wednesday all the way

Reply Posted by Dave on Saturday October 25 2014 at 20:01
Wedge tha needs to get a grip son what's up nowt between ears o that's rite can't b weds scum

Reply Posted by Wedge on Sunday October 26 2014 at 20:32
Wednesday Wednesday Wednesday Wednesday Wednesday Wednesday Wednesday Wednesday Wednesday