Christmas Bin Collection Information To Be Released

Thursday October 23 2014

LEAFLETS explaining bin collections for the Christmas period are to be delivered to Barnsley residents.

The leaflets have been redesigned this year to make the collection information as clear as possible to make them easy to use.

Coun Roy Miller, cabinet spokesperson, said that people using recycling bins can help taxpayers save hundreds of thousands of pounds a year in landfill costs.

He added: "It costs £52 per household to collect grey bin waste. However, collecting recycling brings in an income of £7.41 per household.

"Therefore, it costs over 10 times more to empty your grey bin than it does to empty your recycling bins. The more you can recycle, the better."

There are no changes to the frequency or day of collections for grey bins or recycling bins.

Reply Posted by Mr C on Thursday October 23 2014 at 12:01
No one who doesn't go on wab gets the bins emptied again then just like last year

Reply Posted by maxine Laister on Thursday October 23 2014 at 12:34
They need to start by giving households the bins they need 1st.

Reply Posted by me on Thursday October 23 2014 at 13:35
52 quid to empty 1 bin.????

Reply Posted by clare on Thursday October 23 2014 at 13:48
Maybe that's per year £52 for one bin is a bit expensive

Reply Posted by yerwhat on Thursday October 23 2014 at 13:48
it costs £52 a year to dump my rubbish but all i make is £7:41 for all my recycling efforts, may as well put a skip on every street corner

Reply Posted by cheryl on Thursday October 23 2014 at 14:13
It would be interesting if councillor miller could organise the delivery of the bigger recycling bins I have been waiting for the last 10 months with the leaflets. I'm not going to hold my breath for this to happen as it needs a brain to organise this.

Reply Posted by Liz on Thursday October 23 2014 at 15:35
To all you people still waiting for your bins they have just delivered one to my neighbours next door this means they now have two cos they also got one about a month since this inept council now giving people two bins when others are waiting for one unbelievable this council

Reply Posted by Dido on Friday October 24 2014 at 17:17
Iv seen no decline in my tax payments since they brought in the recycling bins... Should I be expecting a cheque ;)

Reply Posted by David on Monday October 27 2014 at 04:10
I too have been waiting several months for bigger bins. On friday i contacted the council and they informed me that the bins can be collected from there yard.
Hope this helps.