Police Appeal After Supermarket Assault

Monday October 20 2014

South Yorkshire Police South Yorkshire Police

POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a woman was punched in the stomach in a supermarket

At around 5.30pm, the 45-year-old woman was in the Morrisons store at Cortonwood with her teenage daughter.

They were stood in the bakery area at the same time as two women who were with a young girl, aged about seven years old.

It’s believed words were exchanged between the 45-year-old and the elder of the two women with the young girl.

This resulted in the elder woman punching the 45-year-old in the stomach before walking off from the scene.

The woman is described as white and aged between 45 and 55. She was approximately 5ft 3ins tall and of medium build. She had brown hair tied back in a bun with a fringe and she was wearing a quilted, waist-length jacket with trousers.

Anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111, quoting incident number 789 of October 9.

Reply Posted by jay on Monday October 20 2014 at 09:30
Surely they av cctv

Reply Posted by disgracefull on Monday October 20 2014 at 11:17
Theirs some awful people in this world

Reply Posted by Davieboy on Monday October 20 2014 at 16:29
Last time I was in Morrisons I saw someone stab a box of Weetabix, then strangle a box of Corn Flakes, and then finally pioson a box of Rice Krispies.
The Police are looking for a cearel killer

Reply Posted by responce on Monday October 20 2014 at 19:43
They've caught him jack the kipper.

Reply Posted by urfunni on Monday October 20 2014 at 19:50
there were fighting over the last tin of soup with a free gift..

Oasis soup and you get a roll with it..

Reply Posted by miss best on Monday October 20 2014 at 19:38
davieboy hahahaha thought that wa quite funny. and they sud have cctv n god she got punched in the stomach so wat wa prob her that wa causin do anyway next time tho lv punch in face lol

Reply Posted by Davieboy on Monday October 20 2014 at 20:40
Forgot to say, whilst I was in Morrisons, when I got to the check-out, the cashier had a badge on her lapel, just above her right breast, which read PAT......I said is that your name or an instruction........hope you like this on Miss Best

Reply Posted by miss best on Monday October 20 2014 at 21:56
yea too right davieboy owt else lol

Reply Posted by Davieboy on Tuesday October 21 2014 at 11:10
I good all my grociers and went out into the carpark. A fellow was outside with a smalll dog. I asked him "does your dog bite" ?
He said " No" .......so I bent down to give him a stroke".... When he suddenly jump at me, and took a chuck out of my hand.
I glared at the man and said " i thought you said that your dog does'nt bite"
He said......"that's not my dog"

Reply Posted by Jo on Tuesday October 21 2014 at 16:23
@miss best I think you've pulled there love! You both sound sooo intelligent, a match made in heaven ...