Virgin Media Customers Hit By Fault

Friday October 10 2014

VIRGIN Media customers in Barnsley are unable to make or receive telephone calls.

The firm has suffered a power outage and customers are unable to make or receive external telephone calls. Internal calls remain unaffected.

Virgin Media offers mobile phone, television, broadband internet and phone service over the cable network.

Reply Posted by Stuart Midgley on Friday October 10 2014 at 10:47
We been like this for over a week nar its a joke.i bet there not offering us any compension tho.disgusting.

Reply Posted by gaz on Friday October 10 2014 at 12:58
I'm a previous agent for virgin media. You need to call virgin media directly and ask for compensation for loss of service. There should be no reason you should be paying for a service you cant use. you may only get a credit on your bill for the loss over the period it was off. but at least you know you havnt had to pay for it.

Reply Posted by Amanda on Friday October 10 2014 at 16:19
It's not just the phones, out broadband had been terrible for mths and when we call the constantly say that there is just a local problem and because it is on & off they won't do anything. We insisted on a engineer this week and he said all the power boxes all over out area are put of date and have too many people connected to them. We pay small fortunes for the services, it's about time Sir Richard upped his game

Reply Posted by Amanda on Saturday October 11 2014 at 23:16
Just noticed all the typos in my post..Sorry :)
(I blame the bad internet connection)

Reply Posted by Mariah on Saturday October 11 2014 at 15:46
My service had been terrible for months also, just like Amanda's im supposed to be receiving 100 down and 10 up and in all honesty im lucky if i dont have an intermittent connection. Its quite frustrating when you are paying for a service that your not receiving.

Reply Posted by Bungle on Sunday October 12 2014 at 06:04
Mine is working fine no issue in Darton my internet is running @ 106 megs and I have a 100 megs service. I have been with Virgin media for 2 years now and I have only had loss of service for about 2 hours about a year ago I am very happy with the service I get. It must be a local issue.

Reply Posted by Guido Fawkes on Sunday October 12 2014 at 12:30
What a load of moaners you lot are, get a life

Reply Posted by Fred on Monday October 13 2014 at 08:55
This is what you get if you pay peanuts for a service. Earn more money and go with BT Infinity, I haven't had any problems at all with them.

Reply Posted by rainbow on Tuesday October 14 2014 at 02:15
I think Sir Richard Branston should stick to making pickles and baked beans leave telephones to more intelligent people.????