Bus Changes Set To Be Made

Friday September 19 2014

Stagecoach Stagecoach

BUS changes are being made in Barnsley to match shift patterns at one of the region's biggest employers.

From September 28, to coincide with the shift changes at ASOS clothing warehouse, bus operator Stagecoach is introducing new journeys and alterations to existing services.

From Monday to Friday, on service 26 and X26 there will be a new 7.59pm Wombwell to ASOS journey.

The 6.37am Wombwell to Barnsley (X26) will depart at 6.32am and operate five minutes earlier.

The 9.23pm Barnsley to Hemsworth service 28A will be extended to South Elmsall at 10.18pm and the 11.08pm ASOS to Barnsley journey will start from South Elmsall at 10.30pm.

A new ASOS journey - service 216 Brampton (7.35pm) to ASOS (8.13pm) will replace the 10.05pm from Brampton to Grimethorpe.

Following customer feedback, Stagecoach is also making minor changes to the new Pontefract Road timetable.

There are also small timetable changes to weekend services.

Reply Posted by armstrong on Sunday September 21 2014 at 13:50
would it be possible for you to grace us with a bus from shafton green to Barnsley,the service we get at the moment is dreadful.dirty buses drivers not much better,always missing,they give us alousey service.hope you can help.

Reply Posted by LV on Sunday September 21 2014 at 20:36
Perhaps you ought to raise your query with Stagecoach, WAB have no influence on bus services, they're just a means of publicising changes.

Reply Posted by georgina Beeley on Sunday September 21 2014 at 20:45
Could do with an early bus on a sunday morning from manor bakery, the ammont I pay for taxi home from work, all because theres no bus until half 9 considering people finish at 6am

Reply Posted by Nicola on Sunday September 21 2014 at 21:12
Shame they can't put one on earlier for kexborough earliest is 6.42 no good for people like me starting at 7am and paying out taxi fares 7 days a week

Reply Posted by Phil on Sunday September 21 2014 at 22:57
@Georgina, Agecoach only care about ASOS workers because they're getting money from ASOS & Sypte

Reply Posted by Beci on Monday September 22 2014 at 18:17
Perhaps the bus company should explain to these asos workers what manners are as when we get on 28/29 they push n just walk to front which is very hard for my autistic to take in to a point he's got on the bus once or twice and kicked the people then it's me that has to get told by drivers to keep my child under control He's autistic it's took me years of explaining the queuing system and now he gets it he knows exactly where he is in any que if these people had manners and qued like everyone else or if the bus company could put own busses on just for asos would be so much better!

Reply Posted by ZENA on Tuesday September 23 2014 at 09:08
buses to South kirby r so perfectic you made aright mess of bus timetable s 30 at 7.26 am only runs as far as grimthorpe except school hols an sat that's no good to me as I work in that area every day an 29 leaves bus station far too early now so for me to get to kirby for 8 am I now av to get x28 to hemsworth hopeing it catches 29 up then get off x28 to get on 29 which means instead of me getting two buses to work I have to catch three as I live in royston what a cock upwi buses

Reply Posted by Typical on Thursday September 25 2014 at 19:02
clearly the people of Barnsley struggle with the saying 'you can't please everyone'. At the end of the day, the bus companies still have to make money too, they can't have buses running constantly around every village connecting them to every other village, it's just not viable. It's a bus service, not a taxi!

Reply Posted by Kee on Friday September 26 2014 at 10:20
Well the 66 buses are meant to run every 10 mins right? The other day i was late for work because no 66s came and then 4 turned up at once! Also how daft can you get sending a single bus when they know their is a school near by and everyone gets on it also that means all the school kids take up the sets and that's means old age people have to stand until the kids get off because they don't move!

Reply Posted by Barry on Saturday September 27 2014 at 13:26
i work at asos and the bus service is a nightmare both goin to and returning from work there has been a few times ware i ave had to walk home or get a taxi sundays are the worst as both buses leave at 11:08 both full

Reply Posted by me on Saturday September 27 2014 at 23:59
I've raised the issue about special services just for asos with my local mp , stagecoach and sypt who all say it's because asos have asked for bus services from around the barnsley area and have not received any requests from any other employers .. it's disgusting and about time something was done about the other people in the area that need to travel to other work places by bus - not everyone can drive or on high wages to cover taxi fares everyday !!