Praise For Reds After Dominant Display

Tuesday August 26 2014

Photo from Barnsley FC Photo from Barnsley FC

DANNY Wilson has praised his side's attacking threat after watching them hit four past Gillingham at the weekend.

The Reds extended their unbeaten run to three games with the 4-1 win on Saturday, with goals coming from Conor Hourihane, Sam Winnall, Devante Cole and Dale Jennings.

Hourihane, who is getting a reputation for scoring spectacular goals, continued his good run of form with a 25-yard screamer into the top left corner to set Barnsley on their way after 21 minutes.

Striker Sam Winnall doubled the Reds' lead nine minutes later with a well-taken header, before loan signing Devante Cole sprung from the bench in the second half to get Barnsley's third and his first for the club.

Gillingham striking Danny Kedwell pulled one back for the visitors with 20 to go, before Dale Jennings pounced to find the back of the net from close range to seal the win.

"The three points are very important in front of your home fans," said Wilson. "We want to make it a difficult place to come for opposition teams and I think we did that.

"We pressed the ball well. We showed great determination to get ourselves in front.

"Cole and Jennings were absolutely brilliant. They offer a different dynamic and stretch teams out."

Reply Posted by Mw1979 on Tuesday August 26 2014 at 12:28
All you doom merchants have gone quiet now ..... You reds

Reply Posted by bfc:) on Tuesday August 26 2014 at 12:40
Were are all you slaters now..

Nothing to say, I know...

Hope your teas nice... (Humble pie)...

Reply Posted by top game on Tuesday August 26 2014 at 12:56
Have to say the reds were awesome on saturday. They were organised, commited and pressed really hard. Hope it's a sign of things to come.

Reply Posted by True Red on Tuesday August 26 2014 at 14:23
My £50 ls already looking like a good investment for the tarn to go up automatically yoooou reddddds

Reply Posted by nathan armitage on Tuesday August 26 2014 at 14:27
barnsley are rubbish you owls

Reply Posted by bfc:) on Tuesday August 26 2014 at 14:34
Always ONE **** head...

Wot was score other month you Muppet...

Reply Posted by Guido fawkes on Tuesday August 26 2014 at 19:17
According to radio sheff Donny match of due to internationals,what are the odds at Ladbrokes now.

Reply Posted by bfc:) on Tuesday August 26 2014 at 19:33
what for the match to be on ?

Reply Posted by Guido fawkes on Tuesday August 26 2014 at 20:25
No for Barnsley to get promoted.

Reply Posted by bfc:) on Tuesday August 26 2014 at 20:59
shut up you prized prat, what the eck you on about. you talk in riddles

Reply Posted by worsbrough on Tuesday August 26 2014 at 23:30
E I E I E I O UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO WHEN WE GET PROMOTION THIS WHAT WE SING WE ARE BARNSLEY! WE ARE BARNSLEY! WILSON IS OUR KING!

Reply Posted by Observer on Thursday August 28 2014 at 06:11
@mw1979. And others. The moaners as you call them are still here. For the simple reason that fans have been treated terribly over the last few yrs by the club. Have you forgot already? I like wilson. I have faith in him. But the board in my view should hang their heads in shame. Someone mentioned going up. Being promoted? Why would they want to go down..to come back up again?? Its beyond belief. I hated hillcroft. Then we had wilson come in and play exactly as the hillcroft circus act did. One up front. At home??? Ask youselves, who was picking the team. And the formation last season. Was it wilson? I doubt that. I dont forget stuff like that. Its easy to forget. The season has barely begun and talk of going up. Ha haaa. Open your eyes. I have been going to oakwell man and boy. Theyre not going to receive another penny from me. Im done.