Weather Warning Issued For South Yorkshire

Friday August 15 2014

ANOTHER weather warning has been issued for heavy rain heading into this evening.

A Met Office statement said: "The showers may become organised into narrow, slow-moving bands, with some places having over 15mm of rain in an hour and up to 30mm in two or three hours.

"As often happens in such situations, some places will escape the downpours, but the public should be aware of the risk of localised surface water flooding."

Reply Posted by dinosaur man on Friday August 15 2014 at 15:35
Another one? It couldn't be like yesterdays warning, barely a thunderstorm

Reply Posted by anon on Friday August 15 2014 at 15:59
Any body would think it was something harmful! Its rain! Too many warnings now, its getting silly.

Reply Posted by Huhh? on Friday August 15 2014 at 16:06
Tell that to the thousands of people who have had their homes and shops flooded over the past week. I don't think you're looking at the bigger picture here. There is life outside your four walls you know.

Reply Posted by anon on Friday August 15 2014 at 16:39
Yes Huhh, we all feel for them, I would be inconsolable if it was me. All I'm saying isthat we ddon't need a warning every time its going to rain. Those that have been flooded must quake in their boots every time a weather warnings announced.. Its getting silly. These warnings are being given out when not needed that's all.

Reply Posted by timmy on Friday August 15 2014 at 15:38
God damn weather!!!!!!!!

Reply Posted by timmy on Friday August 15 2014 at 15:39
i was up to my neck in sewidge last week and that was on a dry day walking round town ;)

Reply Posted by Liza on Friday August 15 2014 at 16:15
I agree Huhh some people should look at the bigger picture before making comments

Reply Posted by Nic on Friday August 15 2014 at 16:18
its only bloody water for gods sake.

Reply Posted by silly on Friday August 15 2014 at 16:52
I agree anon! Weather warning yesterday and it was a tiny bit of rain. Couldn't have had a shower in the stuff. Its pathetic l, I'll believe it when i see it.

Reply Posted by Maz on Friday August 15 2014 at 17:31
I've been in floods not nice when you lose everything my friends and family are all on high alert Only last week my daughter was nearly flooded as seen in Chronicle this week

Reply Posted by NOAH on Friday August 15 2014 at 17:42
IT HAS BEGAN MWAHAHAHA!

Reply Posted by ang on Friday August 15 2014 at 17:49
My dad was flooded last friday...it's on oap bungalow so it's every room. At 82 yrs old the last thing he needs is a weather warning they need the drains sorting so they can take the amount of rain that is now becoming the norm in the summer also it's not a bit of rain it's 12inches of water in every room ruined furniture carpets beds freezer washer etc

Reply Posted by NOAH on Friday August 15 2014 at 17:53
I HAVE A PLACE FOR YOUR DAD ON MY SHIP

Reply Posted by 2 zebras on Friday August 15 2014 at 18:08
ARK

Reply Posted by Dan on Saturday August 16 2014 at 16:49
I have just looked at the Big picture it's called the sky and there are black clouds
Somebody's got to warn us about the weather or god knows what woul happen