News » WAB Debate

Has Your Dog Stopped You From Going On Holiday?

Tuesday July 29 2014

Photo by Kurt Fairhurst Photo by Kurt Fairhurst

MORE than half of Britain's eight million dog owners have sacrificed a holiday because of their pets, according to new research.

The Kennel Club, which looked at dog owners' holiday habits during a study, also found that 71 per cent would be more likely to go on holiday if they could take their dogs with them.

Over half who opted to leave their beloved pooches at home admitted to missing their family and friends while they were on holiday - but they missed their four-legged friends more.

Have you ever opted against a holiday in favour of staying with your dog? Have your say below.

Reply Posted by chickadee on Tuesday July 29 2014 at 15:09
Isn't this part of the responsibility of being a dog owner? In addition, isn't this why you see so many people holiday in the UK in places like Northumberland where they can take their dogs too.
If you're not fully committed to caring for your pooch and making the sacrifices that are necessary then wait until you can. A dog is for life, not just for Christmas and all that.

Reply Posted by True red on Tuesday July 29 2014 at 17:14
Quite right chickadee i wouldnt dream of not taking my dogs they are part of the family if they don't go with me and my partner then another family member is always glad to have them if there is some reason we can't take the two lady's

Reply Posted by the punisher on Tuesday July 29 2014 at 20:28
mine once stopped me it nicked me passport and hide it in its kennel barking mad it is.

Reply Posted by True red on Tuesday July 29 2014 at 22:47
Is that the dog or your partner @punisher

Reply Posted by paul gregory on Wednesday July 30 2014 at 14:11
Ive always had a dog and never had an holiday, wife n kids go but i dunt trust anybody else to look after mi mutt.

Reply Posted by Nic on Monday August 11 2014 at 21:44
I would rather have a holiday regularly over ££££ vets' bills & picking up dogs**t.

Reply Posted by Wild Bill on Thursday December 22 2016 at 14:51
Yes it stole my car and went to batley on a pub crawl