Tesco Store Set For Autumn Opening

Thursday July 10 2014

A NEW Tesco store which has taken three years to build is set to open in the autumn.

Mayor of Barnsley Tim Shepherd and Coun Robin Franklin joined guests at a special handover of the new store in Hoyland.

Due to open in the autumn, the 28,000 sq ft store will provide up to 200 jobs.

Developer Litton Properties has worked with The Harris Partnership on its build and it's set to rank highly in environmental performance.

The store - which has a timber frame - also has a rainwater harvesting system that collects water from the roof and feeds it into a holding tank from where it's recycled.

Mark Twelves, managing director of Litton Properties, said: "We have long-term relationships with the major retailers including Tesco and it is good to see the company investing in Hoyland.

"We are delighted to have been able to deliver one of their larger stores and for it to be such an attractive building."

Reply Posted by Dave on Thursday July 10 2014 at 10:35
Months of noise, disruption and bad language and there's a store with a fence so high there's no view. Depending where you are in the area some parts of it look like a complete eyesore. Disputes mean that not all the works have been completed, lord only knows when things will be rectified. There's a footpath into the middle of a field that should meet a road for residents to the rear of Kingswood Crescent that hasn't been completed as per the planning documentation, and no signs of landscaping as apparently TESCO don't want to maintain anything outside the store boundary. Perhaps someone might like to ask why TESCO can't afford a few trees and a road?

Reply Posted by Joining Fed up on Thursday July 10 2014 at 11:44
MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN.MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN.MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN.MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN.MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN.MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN.MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN.MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN,MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN, MOAN MOAN MOAN.

Reply Posted by Fed up of moaning Minnie's on Thursday July 10 2014 at 10:48

Reply Posted by mr x on Thursday July 10 2014 at 12:01
You have too much time on your hands to write that

Reply Posted by Mr Sarcastic on Thursday July 10 2014 at 12:06
It would save me so much trouble!

Reply Posted by ... on Thursday July 10 2014 at 13:05
It would save me so much trouble!I know, right?! Someone really should invent a copy-paste system, so I can highlight a word, copy it, and paste it a multitude of times.
It would save me so much trouble!

Reply Posted by lee on Thursday July 10 2014 at 12:55
How do you apply for a job there ?

Reply Posted by miss B on Thursday July 10 2014 at 13:36
Oh my god some people are pathetic!!!!

Reply Posted by Jake on Thursday July 10 2014 at 13:50
Have you guys got nothing better to do than post ridiculously unfunny comments on here multiple times? Come on guys, you're grown men & women, not little infant kids. People are entitled to post their views on here, but typing 'moan' about 200 times is really sad. Grow up and educate yourself. Christ sake.

Reply Posted by liz on Thursday July 10 2014 at 15:19
how many of you use that footpath cos my mum lived down there n it was used for dogs and druggies. never maintained looked a state at least its now useful piece of land. the store looks lovely and I just hope it doesn't take too much trade out of the centre as theyve been here for so many generations some of yhe families

Reply Posted by Facepalm on Friday July 11 2014 at 12:20
*Facepalm*

Reply Posted by yes on Thursday July 10 2014 at 18:08
I think someone posting 'moan' 200 times is a lot better than the usual, pathetic moaning.

Reply Posted by T C on Friday July 11 2014 at 08:23
Well I thought it was funny. Im too sick of seeing people moan about every slightest thing. There's far worst things that happen in life that are worth moaning about. People in barnsley just dont like change I think most barnsley folk would still have us all working down pits n living in the 1900

Reply Posted by A Scargill on Friday July 11 2014 at 11:01
T C worse NOT worst.

Reply Posted by Jacquie on Friday July 11 2014 at 12:08
Great to see Tesco bringing new wealth to the area which is much needed.

Reply Posted by T C on Friday July 11 2014 at 15:59
Sorry for the typo mr scargill

Reply Posted by T C on Friday July 11 2014 at 16:00