Princess Anne Visits Barnsley

Tuesday July 8 2014

PRINCESS Anne visited Barnsley on Friday.

The Princess Royal made the trip to the town and visited the Barnsley Riding for the Disabled Association, on Pontefract Road, where she is a patron.

She also took in the 50th anniversary celebrations at Barnsley's Citizens' Advice Bureau, before making a stop at Horizon Community College.

Principal Nick Bowen said: "It’s great for Barnsley that the Princess Royal has visited.

"Students took her on a tour and there was a special performance of our summer show ‘We Will Rock You’.

"It was a fantastic afternoon enjoyed by all, for some it will be a day that they will never forget."

Reply Posted by dd on Tuesday July 8 2014 at 15:17
bet she didn't see the state of the car park behind c.a.b. would have seen b.m.b.c have no health and safety in mind.

Reply Posted by j on Tuesday July 8 2014 at 18:22
Sorry, but wouldn't have gone to the end of our street to see any of them!! Some people are very easily impressed!!

Reply Posted by Oliver Cromwell on Tuesday July 8 2014 at 19:44
£228000 Annie's pot of gold from the public purse what a life we give them the sooner people wake to this family the better viva la republic and don't give me she does a lot for charity so does an awful lot of people but they are volunteers

Reply Posted by John r on Tuesday July 8 2014 at 19:58
Yes do away with the royals after all they cost 56pence per tax payer. Let's get a president like the USA instead, the Obama family only cost 1.4 BILLION dollars to the tax payers last year in the US!!
Oh and did you know Tony Blair still cost tax payers £400.000 plus per year even though he has a personal fortune of £30 million plus in the bank.

Reply Posted by guy fawkes on Tuesday July 8 2014 at 21:54
The French president cost less than 15 million Euros get real and stop throwing Obama at us you know we can survive without them other countries don't they.

Reply Posted by hilda on Tuesday July 8 2014 at 22:22
john r - how big is USA to England ? royals are a waste of tax payers money.

Reply Posted by Oliver CromwelI on Tuesday July 8 2014 at 22:11
John please tell me when any of the royal family have been to your house and offered to help you out with your tax bill or your expense no then why should they go to parliament and ask for more money off we the tax payer they stop in the public eye as do gooders for one reason only to stop on the gravy train

Reply Posted by Rog on Tuesday July 8 2014 at 23:17
Its 2014 not 1714...We are entitled to vote for our head of state, we demand to be citizens, NOT subjects...Our head of state is there because of birth....My father was a pilot, I am not, would you let me fly the plane to take you on holiday?

Reply Posted by John on Wednesday July 9 2014 at 11:56
Our monarch's are trained to do the job from a young age, if you trained to be a pilot of cause I would let you fly me.

Reply Posted by Oliver CromwelI on Tuesday July 8 2014 at 23:30
No mate I wouldn't I'm of to skegy but I get your jest and agree with you

Reply Posted by Believer of Bob on Wednesday July 9 2014 at 06:45
Look Everyone ...........a real state sponger well one of them

Reply Posted by Oliver CromweOk on Wednesday July 9 2014 at 15:12
Trained eh John you could train a chimp to do there roll I won't say job serviant people like yourself will always doff there hats to the rich and upper classes and think they have been given the world while others fight in the law courts for the rights of equality for all I am not against the person who has made his or her wealth from nothing but I am against them if there employees are suffering low wagers and bad work conditions and if you think this as nothing to do with the royal family Charlie boy in 2013 his farm manager backed reforms to reduce the minimum wage on farm workers dont tell me the manager did this without Charlie boys backing get rid of the lot of them

Reply Posted by Focus on the detail please on Wednesday July 9 2014 at 17:08
Love how most of these WAB articles end up decending into argument about nothing in this sence there's only one thing to say when it comes to the monarchy its part of our glorious so if you don't like them either A) Keep schtum coz whining ain't going to do much or B) You know where the door is pack up your stuff and walk your way down the chunnel to france or some place where someone gives a monkeys about your complaints.

The fact is the article is about Princess Anne visiting our home to see the work of a fantastic local assosiation Barnsley Riding for the Disabled Association so can we please praise the local business for their work rather than moaning about the royals please

Reply Posted by Brian on Wednesday July 9 2014 at 17:14
The royal family generate a significant amount of money for the nation and they are extremely marketable across the world. I am proud to be a royalist

Reply Posted by STEVEO on Thursday July 17 2014 at 19:22
AND that is the only reason they are STILL allowed to bleed the normal hardworking taxpayer dry isn't it?

Reply Posted by Oliver CromwelI on Wednesday July 9 2014 at 21:24
I don't intend packing any as you put it stuff and going to France I will fight for the right to be a republican in the country I was born and bred in and I have said nothing against the charity that women as visited in fact I even praise the charity for the work they do and I won't be silenced by a person who can't give me one good reason that we should pay for this privileged family