Anti-Social Behaviour Victims To Have Their Say On Punishments

Friday July 4 2014

South Yorkshire Police South Yorkshire Police

VICTIMS of anti-social behaviour will have a say on what should happen to perpetrators as part of a raft of new powers being brought in.

The new rules come in to force in October in a bid to streamline and simplify the powers and tools for tackling anti-social behaviour so "faster, more flexible approaches" can be taken.

Coun Jenny Platts outlined the plans, who explained how the act will replace behavioural orders and create new duties to support victims and witnesses.

It means some offences will be dealt out of court using 'community remedies'. These will give victims and witnesses a say, and some element of control, in how a perpetrator should be punished.

Are you in favour? Have your say below.

Reply Posted by guy fawkes on Friday July 4 2014 at 15:42
This will be an interesting debate you naughty blighters at wab,can hear the flogging and hanging gang coming down the road now with there pitchforks and lit torches.

Reply Posted by True red on Friday July 4 2014 at 19:49
Not at all guy I think the idea is a guden how many times have you told kids to go play outside of there own house and see how there parents like the noise drinking and swearing it would make my day

Reply Posted by j on Saturday July 5 2014 at 16:28
And then .... can I go to their house and set their conifers alight (of whatever they have of same value to burn) three weeks on the trot like they did to me- would be good justice, see how they like the same done to them!!

Reply Posted by Dan on Sunday July 6 2014 at 10:44
Here we go again let's all read what guys got to say always the first to talk a load of rubbish seems to think he's the worlds authority on every thing. Get a llife

Reply Posted by guy fawkes on Sunday July 6 2014 at 18:36
Cheers Dan send you a postcard from the Dominican republic that's me getting a life isn't it .why if someone speaks out on here about a criminal getting heard and finding out what or why happened to make them want to do wrong in society you get abused to many knuckle draggers in Barnsley.

Reply Posted by Guy off on Sunday July 6 2014 at 20:28
Guy Fawkes @ You are as sad has I thought, on WAB whilst on holiday, GET A LIFE.

Reply Posted by guy fawkes on Sunday July 6 2014 at 20:44
October bro October aaaaahhhhhhthe white sand under me feet instead of spuke and chewing gum,something you've probably coughed up.

Reply Posted by frustrated on Sunday July 6 2014 at 17:58
my wife was assaulted by our 70 plus year old neighbour the police did nothing to him.All he has to do is write a letter of apology disgracefull, if he was 20 years younger i would dish out my own punishment to him but i cant.

Reply Posted by Dan on Monday July 7 2014 at 07:31
Yes guy we do LIVE here and you will come back you always do. To preach your stupid thoughts. Get a life

Reply Posted by guy fawkes on Monday July 7 2014 at 15:51
To right I'll be back someone out there as got to oppose the knuckle draggers,that want to go back to hanging,flogging and generally degenerate into inhumane behaviour the neandothals can never be allowed to get there way.

Reply Posted by sid on Monday July 7 2014 at 13:43
I think this is a good idea. When someone just feels like destroying someone elses proprty just for the hell of it, its justice that they should have to explain themselves to the victim. The punishment should as near as possible match the crime commited. I for one,would enjoy jumping on the idiots garage roof and then dropping on to thier car and then smearing oil everywhere. I know it was kids,in this instance thier parents should pay for my expenses. Then give them a good old slap round the head every hour upto the time it took me to clean the stuff up. Little idiots.

Reply Posted by Dan on Monday July 7 2014 at 20:50
Ok gu fawks don't know how we mannage without you where our next laugh is coming from your Last comment didn't disappoint

Reply Posted by Thecraft on Wednesday July 23 2014 at 11:13

Excellent. I was just going to say the same.

'Lets gerem flogged in tarn square'

Those there shoplifters need hanging

Its allus those forayners