Pensioner Stabbed By Burglar After Fighting Back

Tuesday June 10 2014

A BARNSLEY pensioner was stabbed with a bread knife as he tackled a burglar in his own home.

Plucky Jack Taylor, who is in his 70s, swung a golf club at 29-year-old Kieron Oliver but it did not deter the intruder.

Oliver grabbed a bread knife and stabbed the pensioner in the thumb before he escaped and locked the intruder inside the house so he could call the police.

Mr Taylor, of Carlton Road, Barnsley, enlisted the help of a neighbour as Oliver threw ornaments on the floor and rifled through drawers before he fled empty-handed.

Oliver, of no fixed address, admitted burglary and asked for three other burglaries of dwelling houses and one offence of stealing tools to be taken into consideration.

Jailing Oliver for five years at Sheffield Crown Court, Judge Paul Watson said: "This was an appalling offence targeting an elderly and vulnerable member of the community."

Reply Posted by chuffme on Tuesday June 10 2014 at 15:18
good on the pensioner... had it been me the little scrotum would have been eating the golf club... throw away the key...

Reply Posted by anon on Tuesday June 10 2014 at 15:31
These evil crimes against our oldies are getting more and more common place these days. Its despicable. I hope the animal does the full 5 yrs and I hope he detests every minute. Good on you Judge Watson and Best wishes to Mr. Taylor

Reply Posted by Rubydoo on Tuesday June 10 2014 at 15:59
What a coward, I'm glad he's got a jail term and lets hope some rough justice is dealt out to him while he's behind bars. See what a big man he is then.

Reply Posted by Collet on Tuesday June 10 2014 at 17:18
Burglars should be shot on sight, they don't give a toss of how much heart ache they bring to the families they plunder so why should law abiding people have to look after them no second chances hang the baskits or if you get chances shoot em F em they do my head in also the same applies for the do gooders that want to help em!!!!

Reply Posted by chris: on Tuesday June 10 2014 at 19:51
Hope this cretin’s stay in prison is a long and unpleasant one, the longer the better.

Nice one Jack for standing up to the low life and I wish you the best of luck for the future.

Reply Posted by guy fawkes on Tuesday June 10 2014 at 22:18
When he gets out with a criminal record on his c.v he will have no other choice but back to his prior prison activities the circle of crime ,back to prison then crime will just keep going won't it.

Reply Posted by Nic on Tuesday June 10 2014 at 22:43
^No point locking him then eh? Just let him carry on..

Reply Posted by guy fawkes on Tuesday June 10 2014 at 22:48
Nic you know full well that what I am saying about the law and judicial system will by throwing the book at this offender will only put the problem of until tomorrow.

Reply Posted by Nic on Tuesday June 10 2014 at 23:03
We're just not harsh enough with the treatment of these scumbags, preying on pensioners.

Reply Posted by guy fawkes on Tuesday June 10 2014 at 23:37
We use to hang people it didn't stop after the first hanging did it how much harsher do you want to get.

Reply Posted by me on Tuesday June 10 2014 at 23:52
Of course you're right guy Fawkes,but what do you suggest is done with people like him? He will not join society before a jail term ,hence after the jail term he can't join society. What's your answer?

Reply Posted by guy fawkes on Wednesday June 11 2014 at 07:22
Let's get to the root causes in society that produce chaps like this ,did he come out of his mother thinking when I get older I am going to terrorise the life out of pensioners no .

Reply Posted by me on Wednesday June 11 2014 at 08:34
And? Yes tru guy, but where do you start with that sort? Just one bloke can upset many for life. I would never be the same person again if he had attacked me or mine. How do we stop him? We can't,that's the simple answer,so he has to be punished every single time. There's no hope for him,so its our duty to take him out of society. Unless you know a better way? Not hearing one yet.

Reply Posted by guy fawkes on Wednesday June 11 2014 at 08:53
Can't stop him why did he start,no hope for him ,what a society we live in with responces like this it sounds like you both have given up the lad to a life of drugs and you accepting the crap you constantly see round you.like I said the people to blame are weak livered politicians who don't want to make the decisions that are needed to tackle societies hugely growing divides may be they have given up like you and want you like many others just to accept the slow death of a caring society were the only god that exists has got a queens head on it.

Reply Posted by me on Wednesday June 11 2014 at 09:37
I agree guy,but you have still come up with no ideas. Not everyone's a good guy, we have to accept that. Until you or anyone one else comes up with a better answer than removing him from society because he harms others then lock him up. You can't just throw the queen and the politicians into the argument. His queen and policitians are mine and yours too, but I haven't turned out bad and I bet you're a good guy too. He and his kind have to suffer the consequences of their weak,uncaring unsociable actions. The key word here being society. He's not social. By the way,I was dragged up. I could use your way of thinking,but I haven't and never will.

Reply Posted by mii on Wednesday June 11 2014 at 13:52
I know this guy and hez not that bad really. He just chose wrong path to take.

Reply Posted by me on Wednesday June 11 2014 at 16:13
Lets hope he dosnt wander down your path then eh mii ?
He is bad. £ other burglaies plus swiping tools. Who ya kidding, wake up an smell the coffee.

Reply Posted by me on Wednesday June 11 2014 at 19:19
I agree with you guy,but we can't let him do the vile things he's doing. What's the answer? There's no condoning what he's done. I hope to god you or yours don't fall foul to one of these people. You might sing a different tune then. OK,its circumstances that has moulded him,but its unacceptable within society. Again guy,what would you do with him ? Today? Now? You don't know,neither do I so until then we need him to be away from us, as one day he could kill someone with his actions. Jail is the only alternative, till there's another, lock him up. After all,he's a reoffender.

Reply Posted by guy fawkes on Wednesday June 11 2014 at 20:56
Firstly me let's get him of the drugs educate educate educate show him another life away from crime,learn trades,introduce to the world of art be it musicals ,classical,painting,pottery in other words creating with the hands and mind ,
And heart,how many Etonians do you see robbing pensioners,open up his world to things he has never known.cultural things.I always say to the wife if I ever won the euro I would sponsor some kids who show potential and put them into a world of private education why because until the politicians finally sort out the schools these kids will never give back to society there full potential.

Reply Posted by me on Wednesday June 11 2014 at 21:26
That's a good answer guy. It,d cost a fortune mind you. There's education in jail isn't there? Don't know much about it, but yes education would be good. Education and jobs I reckon. Jobs take away the need for stealing. Until your plan can be fulfilled tho,he and his kind have to be taken out a society,for the good of the rest of us that are just trying our best to rub along without harming others.

Reply Posted by guy fawkes on Wednesday June 11 2014 at 22:11
How many thousands does it cost to lock someone up.educate and enlighten or. Keep locking people up costing the tax payer a fortune.

Reply Posted by Nic on Wednesday June 11 2014 at 22:53
I've an idea, guy. Send him on a holiday, to 'enlighten and educate' him. You can pay for it. Then, on his return, he can burgle/attack you. Get him in a Gulag!

Reply Posted by guy fawkes on Thursday June 12 2014 at 06:16
Doing it your way nic will just allow things to keep repeating prison as it is and how its run does not stop reoffending does it.like I said to me how many public schoolboys do you see robbing pensioners answer that.