D-Day For Gypsy Caravan Pitch

Tuesday April 15 2014

We Are Barnsley We Are Barnsley

A PLANNING application for a gypsy caravan pitch will make its third appearance at the council's planning committee today.

The application, to create a single pitch at Grange Farm, Grange Road, Royston, has been deferred twice because the site is in the greenbelt and development there is only allowed in 'very special circumstances'.

The shortfall in permitted sites for gypsies and travellers could be argued 'special circumstances', but councillors on the planning board wanted the government to clarify what criteria qualifies someone as a 'gypsy' before making a decision.

The caravan is already on the site but its use is only allowed for storage.

There have been 181 letters of objection and a petition with 57 signatures.

Coun Tim Cheetham said: "I am confident the board will refuse this application.

"It's a greenbelt application and I just don't think the case is strong enough to warrant it."

Reply Posted by Jenna on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 10:19
Its for a SINGLE pitch! Come on people! Get a grip! I'm sure there are plenty of scratters in Kendray, Athersley and god knows how many other dumps in the area who I would gladly evict. I'd rather see one single caravan on a pitch than drive past New Lodge thinking to myself 'that place should be flattened'

Reply Posted by bla on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 10:37
hope this gets rejected, they have a bad name and I know you shouldn't think they are all same but fact is most of them have no benefit to any village... wouldn't be so bad if they paid their taxes like most people... they have a bad reputation for stealing dogs too... causing chaos and just not what Royston needs

Reply Posted by Sue on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 10:47
1 pitch swiftly turns to 2 and then 3. And before you know it , your bit of green belt is over run.

Reply Posted by sunshinegirl on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 12:12
Why should people be allowed to live on land that dosnt belong to them and pay no taxes or insurance yet recieve all council services?!? Yes people should live how they like but not if that nean they recieve special treatment!

Reply Posted by !!!!!! on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 13:40
Jenna where do you live Cawthorne LOL ???? Or somewhere you consider posh , Let em set up next to you then if your not bothered !!!!!!!! Silly C%w :-)

Reply Posted by Confused on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 13:55
I was always lead to believe that gypsies were nomads n don't have a permanent address so why do they want a permanent pitch??? Aren't travellers supposed to travel?!?!?!?

Reply Posted by Jenna on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 14:52
Haha '!!!!!' I guess you live in one of my aforementioned areas? Yes, I like in a nice area of Barnsley, on land that I own - you can always get a job and aspire to be someone like me.......

Reply Posted by Jenna on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 14:53
Oh, and just to add to that, 'sunshinegirl' I don't hear of any council house tenants that are unemployed and receiving housing benefit paying buildings insurance or council tax??

Reply Posted by Dixie on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 15:45
Those very special circumstances then being when the council want to build a damn ugly school on greenbelt then hey Carlton CC!

Reply Posted by guy fawkes on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 18:18
barnsleys already got loads of gypsies living in it, this variety however is of the rommanian variety.

Reply Posted by Sarah on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 19:24
@jenna spill where are you from???

Before you start I am not from any of the above you mentioned, I am in fact from cawthorne, yes I also own my house that's worth well above most in that area, but let me tell you something (miss nose stuck up in the air Jenna), some of my most dear friends and family come from kendray and it's not that bad.
Every estate/village has scatters.
Even cawthorne believe me but the good thing about me and most people who come on here don't bitch about everything, places ect.

Oh by the way you come from Barnsley, you are my dear the same as everybody else.
In fact all Barnsley is know for is counterfeit money,fags,clothes ect. Skintight people who worked the mines for no money at all.
So do us all a favour and take that snide silver spoon out of your bloody mouth.

Reply Posted by sunshinegirl on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 19:32
Jenna I agree that there are alot of people who abuse the benefit system and recieve reduced taxes etc but the point I was clearly making is why should ANYONE recieve special treatment?? If u live on land that u worked so hard to buy then how would u feel if someone decided to move next door and set up camp illegally on land they do not own? That is my point I pay for the water I use, electricity, gas council tax etc from my salary each month for the home I own and ave always worked damn hard. How can u arguethat ANYONE should recieve free land and uutilities when the majority of us pay? I think you are delusional hahahaha!!

Reply Posted by sunshinegirl on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 19:36
Well said sarah by the way!
I also live in a nice area on a nice street but have family in and around barnsley, some sad people just crave attention!

Reply Posted by Bob on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 19:45
I agree with sunshinegirl, we'll said Sarah,

No been funny but she will properly be the scatter from new lodge,kendray,athersley ect who walks around like a ladette with her bottle of white lightning cider who thinks she's chuffing 10 men smoking her knock off fags/ joints.

Get a grip Jenna and do us all a favour get of WAB and head for the bathroom get a wash coz you are due to sign on in the morning......

We can all make jokes out of people

Reply Posted by GUY FAWKES on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 21:59
look at this matter philosophically about what you own when you die what do you own thats right nada nothing so the house your paying for is just on the rental till the day you crook it.so keep yourself strapped to wheel of an oppresive mortgage which translated from its french origins means death pledge just wait till the interest rates go up what going then holiday ,car ,fags booze.hhaaa you make me laugh you money hungry clowns.

Reply Posted by GUY FAWKES on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 22:00

Reply Posted by GUY FAWKES on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 22:00

Reply Posted by Himnext tofield on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 22:23
Jenna, that so called one pitch, which if passed will be a hell of a lot more, is at the bottom of my garden.. If you're so sympathetic, then have em on your door step, you scutter

Reply Posted by sunshinegirl on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 22:41
Guy fawkes- there is nothing 'money hungry' about want to pay your own way in life, wanting nice things and providing for your family YOURSELF!! when I pass away my property isnt lost equity it goes to my child, the money my husband and I earn will help support my daughter to get a goid education and have a positive start in life whats wrong with that?????

I don't begrudge any help and support going to genuine people with an illness, disability or who are trying really hard to get work. However I do find it frustrating that some people think it is ok to be selfish and lazy in life and recieve land, property, money and resources for free. EARN YOUR OWN MONEY, BUY YOUR OWN PROPERTY AND LAND, PAY YOUR OWN BILLS

Reply Posted by anon on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 22:45
Whoohoo! Well said that girl!

Reply Posted by guy fawkes on Wednesday April 16 2014 at 07:33
dear sunshine everthing you mention holds true to what i said who owns the land its just a piece of paper how can you own a piece of planet earth were just visiting for a mere blink of an eye may i suggest thinking more about yourself be a little selfish,how can you tell what the future holds for your child .

Reply Posted by guy fawkes on Wednesday April 16 2014 at 15:46
oh my god the millstone round my neck is killing me thinking about what you propose.

Reply Posted by Mmm on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 23:17
That's receive, i before e except after c.

Reply Posted by Beth on Wednesday April 16 2014 at 00:52
I want them gone completely, fed up of them round Kendray and everywhere I turn, wouldn't mind, they get kicked off one site and leave it in a right mess to turn up at another and destroy that, stick them in one place.

Reply Posted by Royston Lad on Tuesday April 22 2014 at 00:00
God we have got loads of foreigners as it is in Royston never mind gypsy folk too its use to be a nice village you knew every one now all ya see is Africans,Russians,Polish,Ukrainians and every other nationality that is not english or born english I say get the lot out and return barnsley back to the barnsley we use to know

Reply Posted by Dan on Tuesday April 22 2014 at 10:47
Royston used to be a decent place to live before the riffraff came the council it seems to like to keep them altogether I remember when there was talk of a road that linked Roston to Athersley heaven forbid

Reply Posted by Dan on Tuesday April 22 2014 at 11:25
Yes that was a road that would have linked the doles to new lodge GOARD! You couldn't make it up!