Family Accused Of 'Industrial Scale' Cannabis Production

Tuesday April 15 2014

THREE family members have been accused of producing almost £500,000 worth of cannabis.

John Robert French, 41, Joyce Hilary French, 69, and Peter Craig French, 42, were accused at Barnsley Magistrates' Court of producing cannabis on an 'industrial scale'.

Chantel Lowery-Green, prosecuting, said the case was so serious that it could only be dealt with at Sheffield Crown Court.

She said: "Police officers have estimated that the cannabis has a street value of £499,000. The prosecution would say this was cannabis production on an industrial scale."

The trio, of Eastfield Lane, Thurgoland, made no pleas.

They will make their first crown court appearance on April 23 and were granted unconditional bail.

Reply Posted by :) on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 10:33
hope they get a long time inside these scum bags need to be put away, when are we going to start and make an example of these drug dealers... prob get a slap on wrist and community hours... they are destroying this country and making tons of money out of it too... get a proper job you leaches...

Reply Posted by Turkey Joe on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 11:08
Seems to be more money in puff than turkeys

Reply Posted by Dave on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 11:08
The only way to stop illegal cultivation of cannabis is to legalise it. It's a relatively harmless drug when compared to the damage caused by completely legal drugs such as alcohol and tobacco. Get it legalised. I'm surprised it hasn't been already to be honest, the government would make a killing from it in tax. Everybody's happy.

If this was a story about heroine or other class As then obviously my opinion would be different.

Reply Posted by anon on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 11:21
Not sure what about paranoia..haha cant spell it?

Reply Posted by Donna on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 11:24
How can u say that! It's not harmless it increases the risk of cancer, brain disorders, people drive under the influence is as bad as drink driving but harder to prove. This drug is usually the stepping stone to other drugs. This drug should be band and so should alcohol. These labelled harmless cost the tax payer billions in ane bills, anti social behaviour. This is as bad as other drugs, mentally addictive and needs upgrading not down grading. It's only the fools that use it that think it's acceptable.

It's dirty, it stinks and it's destroying communities.

Reply Posted by John on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 12:07
I don't use it but I do think it should be legalised.

Reply Posted by Jake on Thursday April 24 2014 at 22:35
Dear Donna, you have no idea what you are talking about..

Reply Posted by deary me on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 11:38
It is harmless if people abuse the drug then you they do suffer the side effects it legalised in loads of countries and there's not been any trouble you don't hear about pot heads raiding granpas house cos they need some coin for a bag of weed no it's always smack heads crack heads or some other scum bag weed is nothing compared to other drugs knocking about might stink but so does smoking cigs and what's destroying our neighbourhood is all crack n smackheads pothead to lazy to get out of house n eat shit loads of food

Reply Posted by Bob on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 11:41
Tell me what you know on this subject then Donna you talk the usuall crap people who haven't got the faintest clue say how many folk do you know who smokes a joint and batters their missus? Swap that for a few pints however totally different story the it's no stepping stone either weed doesent force you to smoke crack or shoot up ECT get a grip

Reply Posted by anon on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 11:49
The pot heads I have met, all slavver when theyre talking. They just cant seem to control that bottom lip,neer mind thier brains.

Reply Posted by anon on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 11:46
Oh deary me. you should watch Jezza, the pot heads openly admit that weed causes them massive problems in thier lives. It bends the brain, so that it dosnt function as a brain should. Just because its not (so they say) as harmfull as booze and other drugs,it cant be dismissed as trivial. My kids wouldnt be around a pot head thats for sure,and plenty are, the poor little sods, its wrong.

Reply Posted by coz on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 11:55
This is very funny...you wouldn't have your kids round a pot head??? Get a grip!! Also comparing to jezza??? Lol only retards would make themselves look a dick on jezza. Sorry but I have 3 children and smoke cannabis and I am not having that. My kids get the world and are very happy little people. I think some people are very nieve when it comes to cannabis.

Reply Posted by anon on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 12:02
Yes coz,and I think some people are very idiotic when it comes to cannabis. I also think some people are very selfish and to actually admit that they happily condone its use in front of children is appalling. Suppose you,ll let them smoke it too come 16. Can you actually get a grip? Of your lip even? Like I said, weed smokers slavver.

Reply Posted by Lisa wogan on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 12:02
Don't walk on the grass guys smoke it ;-)))

Reply Posted by :) on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 12:35
Its does effect your kids because while your smoking the weed they are having to breath it in, no doubt having to sit in school stinking of weed, no doubt having to go without because you spend ya money on weed, no doubt having to mix with the chavs who also smoke weed, your brain cells die off gradually, you cant be arsed to do what you would do if you wasn't stoned, don't tell me ya kids don't suffer... read up on the effects of weed the effects on your family and the whole society.... people who believe weed is harmless is usually the ones who are smoking or selling it and your probably too stoned to notice your kids been neglected .fact!!!

Reply Posted by Dave on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 13:32
How can you say that everyone smoking weed is a chav? I smoke weed on occasion and I have a well paid job, a wife and kids. If I smoke weed I do so after my kids have gone to bed. You telling me i'm the only one this responsible? You're argument is wrong on so many levels

Reply Posted by mr big stuff on Wednesday April 16 2014 at 12:54
putting fact!!! at the end of a rant does not actually make it fact. That's a fact!!!

Reply Posted by a.d on Wednesday April 16 2014 at 21:28
are you ok? this is the stupidest **** I have ever read.

Reply Posted by Dave on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 12:41
My god, taking Jeremy Kyle as a generalisation is absolutely hilarious. Do you not realise that program is massively exaggerated?

You are correct that it does "bend the brain" if you smoke it all day and night, where as if you drank alcohol every waking hour you'd be dead! Sensible cannabis users who smoke the odd joint on a night are more comparable to the average alcohol drinker who has a glass or wine or two on a night. Nothing wrong with either.

Some people have some very ignorant views of the world...

Reply Posted by Tony on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 12:58
gw pharmaceuticals grow it in the uk to make medicines for epileptics and cancer patients, it as been used in China for over 3000 years to treat people for various illnesses without any side affects. It should and will be made legal in uk soon, give them a caution and save tax payer some money.

Reply Posted by guy fawkes on Wednesday April 16 2014 at 14:08
tony i think the chinnese were taken more with opium than canabis.

Reply Posted by mickc67 on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 13:08
So what about the elderly people that use weed to ease the pain of artritis an the like are they to be classed as slavvery potheads

Reply Posted by No one on Tuesday April 15 2014 at 13:32
Why don't you all start your opinions with "I think" rather than spewing your rants as the gospel.. Believe it or not, you might actually be wrong! Industrial cultivation of cannabis is an entirely different matter to the use of cannabis, and I think that if it was legalised, these industrial growers would have to find a new source of income, as their thriving market would be no longer profitable (as people could acquire it legally) And as far as cannabis use, it won't ever, ever, ever stop.. So embrace and manage it properly.. Don't just take the "it's the bane of our society and the destroyer of lives" view just because your friends brothers aunty once saw something in the news.. Because the news media never manipulated the truth no? If you want to rant, do your research, or look like a fool!

Reply Posted by bananas on Wednesday April 16 2014 at 13:10
I think we ort to give all drug users free drugs. then put them on a free bus to Yorkshire wildlife centre. where a big catapult should be erected. then 1 by 1 catapult each druggie and drug dealers into the lion enclosure..then it would solve a big problem 4 everyone. we could all go back into Barnsley to shop safely.

Reply Posted by anon on Wednesday April 16 2014 at 21:41
Best post yet!

Reply Posted by tony on Wednesday April 16 2014 at 15:34
GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE THAT CAN GET AWAY WITH ITS.. ITS NEVER HARMED ANYONE AND CERTAINLY NEVER KILLED ANYONE.. ALCOHOL IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN WEED.. "LEGALIZE IT!"

Reply Posted by deary me on Wednesday April 16 2014 at 15:42
@anon omg using Jeremy Kyle as a example. You need to stop watchin that crap love. Pots head are harmless rather sit wi a pothead than a smackhead and people on jezza smoke hundreds worth of pot a week am on about people who a joint on a nighttime or just smoke on weekends nothing wrong wi smoking weed they wouldn't open Photoshop in Amsterdam n America Jamaica so it's all good in their country's just not our yeah right as soon as government get their heads around how to make money on it they legalise straight away you'll see n then you will realise how smokes weed n you'll be surprised

Reply Posted by deary me on Wednesday April 16 2014 at 15:45
Ment to day potshop

N ment to say you'll see how many people you know actually smokes pot and you'll be surprised how many people smoke it n you wouldn't have a clue that they did

People who abuse drugs look like messes but people who use it on a callout time won't look like crap as it's classed as recreational

Reply Posted by ME on Wednesday April 16 2014 at 21:26
i smoke two joints in the morning, i smoke two joints at night, smoke two joints in the afternoon cos it makes me feel alright'

Reply Posted by kelley on Thursday April 17 2014 at 08:40
I have to agree I think it should be legalised as it is in other countries. Would be much less hassle. And as for the side affects its just as bad as alcohol and tobacco if you abuse the usage of it as with alot of things.

Reply Posted by deary me on Thursday April 17 2014 at 11:00
Exactly less hassle n more people smoke pot in secret

Reply Posted by anon on Thursday April 17 2014 at 11:15
Id rather it be used in secret,I dont want the smelly weed around me,its bad enough in the town centre with the stink of fags without that as well. Filthy habit,waste of money and very offensive to many.

Reply Posted by Bungle on Thursday April 17 2014 at 15:07
Through the key away scum like these next to be tough a lesson give them 20 years.

Reply Posted by deary me on Wednesday April 23 2014 at 13:31
Find it offensive I find it offensive when some dirty fag ash lil prick is blowin smoke in my fave while am tryin to munch on some snap. Find it offensive when there flicking there tab ends all over or your walkin last n some moron burnt mi top cos he's big man wi a gag in hand all things ate bad cigs, booze, drugs even medication to get u better have side effects at end of day people should have a choice in what they want to do

Reply Posted by jake on Thursday April 24 2014 at 22:41
Fact is that at beggining of XIX century heroin was legal, and there were less addicted people than now

Reply Posted by pure n simple on Thursday April 24 2014 at 22:46
Just been publicised weed does cause heart problems in the young adults. There's medical evidence.

Reply Posted by laffing lad on Sunday July 6 2014 at 01:47
Couldnt have happened to a nicer fanily lol

Reply Posted by laffing lad on Wednesday July 9 2014 at 11:59
Wonder what the chairman of penistone pub watchwill have to say . after he was instrumental in getting both brothers taken off only for them to be put back on soon afterwards. double standards springs to mind . family of thugsand drug dealers

Reply Posted by john barlow on Tuesday April 25 2017 at 18:12
When is there case coming up !