Armed Robbery At Royston Bookmakers

Wednesday April 9 2014

South Yorkshire Police South Yorkshire Police

AN ARMED robber with what is thought to be a handgun targeted a Royston bookmakers on Tuesday night.

Police were called to reports of an armed robbery at 9.30pm on Midland Road, where a man made demands for money.

He then left the premises with a quantity of cash. Nobody was injured in the incident.

The suspect is described as being between 20 and 30 years old, around 5ft 6ins tall and thin. He was wearing an orange hooded top and a red and white face covering.

Witnesses, or anyone with information, should call South Yorkshire Police on 101, quoting incident number 1157 of Tuesday, April 8. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

Reply Posted by you look for me on Wednesday April 9 2014 at 19:02
You looking for me it about time sum one help them to there cash and wont be the last :-)

Reply Posted by Jaye on Wednesday April 9 2014 at 20:41
you look for me, what the hell does that mean? Ive tried several times to work it out but its just not happening????

Reply Posted by jena on Wednesday April 9 2014 at 21:05
Ur sad if u tryin t say u done it hope they catch u

Reply Posted by deary me on Wednesday April 9 2014 at 21:23
Ha your such a Muppet don't you realise they can trace your ip address, hope they catch you, even if it wasn't you hope they lock you up for tryin to make out you did it.

Reply Posted by Nic on Wednesday April 9 2014 at 23:50
Royston, what a dive.

Reply Posted by bob on Thursday April 10 2014 at 09:01
What a man he got the balls to do what most of us want to do good man

Reply Posted by gemma on Thursday April 10 2014 at 09:49
@nic why is royston a dive?

Reply Posted by Nic on Thursday April 10 2014 at 10:23
Royston is notoriously inhabited by strange folk. Isolation provides a means for 'keeping it in the family'

Reply Posted by tarn lad on Thursday April 10 2014 at 11:08
To bob
what a stupid comment would you say that if someone broke into one of your family member home and robbed them at gun/knife point.
I very much doubt it.

Reply Posted by shell on Thursday April 10 2014 at 11:44
Nic you are very rude. If you can't say anything nice then keep ya trap shut nob ed

Reply Posted by deary me on Thursday April 10 2014 at 16:40
Good god there's some Morons about these days "got balls to do what most of us want to do" are you for real what most of us want to do is get up and earn our money not scare people half to death to get money and if he had the balls he would have got a job and earnt a crust the proper way absolute moron

Reply Posted by Nic on Thursday April 10 2014 at 17:35
@shell: Ditto.

Reply Posted by gemma on Thursday April 10 2014 at 17:52
Well i live at royston. And i find u very rude! We not all the same you no!

Reply Posted by deary me on Thursday April 10 2014 at 20:26
No where is perfect every place has it's bad people, good people, nosey people, just the way the world works am afraid.

Reply Posted by Nic on Thursday April 10 2014 at 21:40
Maybe so, but my point remains valid. It's a dump populated by the dregs of society. Idiots dragging up cretins

Reply Posted by jono on Thursday April 10 2014 at 23:32
Nic
if u think royston is bad u want to try thurnscoe,hoyland ,grimethorpe,athersley,new lodge and wombwell

Reply Posted by Nic on Thursday April 10 2014 at 23:47
Jono, Wombwell definitely. Romany scum, drugs, dealers, plastic gangsters, idiots, smackrats. Only the idiots are breeding. Spackers, breeding Spackers who rob the Spackers, to buy drugs from the Spackers. A massive self perpetuating pool of Spackers.

Reply Posted by Nic on Friday April 11 2014 at 00:12
The town as a whole is a complete mess. Reminds me of Mad Max/The Walking Dead. It's not even funny either. Town Centre is horrendous, no wonder folk think we're all backwards and inbred

Reply Posted by jono on Friday April 11 2014 at 00:19
The last time i went into the town shopping its very rare but i heard more foriegn people speaking than english and all druggies hanging around top of eldon street waiting for there fix as i drove past

Reply Posted by deary me on Friday April 11 2014 at 08:43
What a nasty person you are calling kids cretins it's not there fault how their upbringing is it's down to the provide their child with stability etc...

Reply Posted by deary me on Friday April 11 2014 at 09:35
Ment to say down to the parents to provide their child with stability etc...

Reply Posted by deary me on Friday April 11 2014 at 20:31
I work with kids for a living, everyday I see kids who don't have a proper upbringing. I'm certainly not a wet blanket I care about kids and I try my hardest to try and make a difference in their lives but when i people like yourself drag them down because of their parents doing makes me so angry you should be grateful for the things and the life you live cos dome of them kids would give anything to live in a happy nice peaceful home just for one day what a horrid person

Reply Posted by lives in royston has very intelligent children and a JOB on Saturday April 12 2014 at 09:40
@nic what a pathetic narrow minded little woman you are I haven't heard someone use the term "spacker" for about 20 years as to use such a word to describe someone can only come from the thoughts of an uneducated nasty horrid woman....and for your information it is suspected that the person is not even from Royston....I would pee myself laughing if this so called "spacker" turned out to actually be from your gene pool....pull your head out of your backside and get off your high horse

Reply Posted by Nic on Wednesday April 16 2014 at 11:49