Police Appeal For Missing Girl To Get In Touch

Wednesday April 9 2014

We Are Barnsley We Are Barnsley

POLICE have appealed for information on the whereabouts of a 17-year-old girl who has been missing for five days.

Bobbie-Jo Carnell was last seen at around 7.35am when she left her home in Barnsley to attend Dearne Valley College.

It is believed she could be anywhere in South Yorkshire and police are growing increasingly concerned for her safety.

Missing persons officer at South Yorkshire Police, Tim Fish, said: "If Bobbie-Jo sees this appeal, I would like to ask her to please call us straight away.

"She is not in any trouble, we just need to know that she is safe and well."

Bobbie-Jo is described as white, 5ft 9ins tall and of average build.

She has red hair and was last seen wearing a black, long-sleeved hooded top with a red emblem on it, black jeans and black boots with silver spikes on them.

Bobbie-Jo, or anyone who has seen her, should call South Yorkshire Police on 101.

Reply Posted by X on Wednesday April 9 2014 at 16:59
This girl runs away most weeks. The police come looking for her at least once a month

Reply Posted by A on Wednesday April 9 2014 at 18:24
It doesn't make it any less serious x. Regardless of the frequency!

Reply Posted by deary me on Wednesday April 9 2014 at 18:31
Well, if she's running away all time then she's obviously got a few issues at home or where ever she lives. Maybe she needs a bit of help and running away is her way of dealing with things, or am completely wrong n she's just a monkey of a teenager.

Reply Posted by A on Wednesday April 9 2014 at 18:40
Totally agree with you dearyme. Running away should be taken seriously if people start to become complacent because of frequency then we would be letting the young person down.

Reply Posted by Adam on Wednesday April 9 2014 at 19:00
If she is running away all the time, then she is wasting police time, simple as that could be spent better on solving crimes. Obviously she realises that people are looking for her, but doesn't in the slightest as she only has concerns for her self. People like that as mentioned above must have an underlying issue as to why they keep repeating such things. They should be referred to a psychiatric nurse/home or a professional to deal with whatever is causing them to run away or act up.

Reply Posted by A on Wednesday April 9 2014 at 19:23
Never that simple adam. I don't think it is wasting police time and I'd like to think they don't too. That's just what ring leaders of sexual exploitation want you to feel as it makes their plans a lot easier. Yes it's frustrating but lets not care any less. Frequent runaway teenagers are vulnerable to this kind of thing

Reply Posted by deary me on Wednesday April 9 2014 at 20:20
I don't think the police would see it as time wasting. Keeping people safe is part of their job and if it was one of your children who had ran away you would want anyone and everyone to help you find your child. Just think she needs a little chat with some one who she can trust and find out what and why she is running away, get the problem solved and am sure she'll stop running away. Kids don't just run away for nothing this child must have a issue with her parents or whom she's living with.

Reply Posted by Ryan on Wednesday April 9 2014 at 23:02
Not that it's anyone's business but Bobbie is family and she has got asperges and lost her dad a couple of years ago. She hasn't got "issues at home" nor is she a bad teenager. She's a lovely girl who has had a terrible loss and is enduring an ongoing struggle in dealing with it. Think before commenting.

Reply Posted by Paul N on Wednesday April 9 2014 at 23:28
Well said Ryan...She had a loving Dad and as a loving Mother !!!

Reply Posted by sally on Wednesday April 9 2014 at 23:29
I don't mean to be rude Ryan but her father passing would be classed as an 'issue at home' in my book wouldn't you agree? Just because comments have highlighted that, does not mean that the issue/s are ones that reflect badly on her family or whoever she lives with. I won't pretend to know the ins & outs of her condition/illness but surely any teenager frequently running away from home is a cry for help/attention. My oldest is 14 & i would hate to think that he was running away regularly. I hope she turns up safe & well soon & that she begins to get the professional emotional help & support she so obviously needs.

Reply Posted by Maria on Thursday April 10 2014 at 07:54
I feel for young bobby, it's difficult losing a parent at an older age but when they're so young especially an age where personally I think you develope most in late teens a father figure is a major part of your life. Bobby Jo I hope for your sake sweetheart you return home and let someone look after you and get the help you need to grieve and move forward. Let's help this poor family not slate them, there's no-one in Britain as friendly and close as us in yorkshire so we should ce caring not callous.

Reply Posted by deary me on Thursday April 10 2014 at 14:02
I did not mean to offend anyone but there is a underlining issue to her running away and you just said it yourself she sadly lost her father that's the issue she need help with it's not a bad thing a cry for help n a little chat with a trusted family member could really help her out. I was not bad mouthing anyone just explaining as a teenage runaway myself I totally understand and I thought very carefully before I commented it's hard being a teenager I was just trying to explain that she would not run away if she didn't have a problem n you've just clarified her problem but glad she's been found and hopefully she van get the help that she crying out for