Wi-Fi Service Praised In New Survey

Monday March 31 2014

BARNSLEY town centre's free Wi-Fi service has been praised by the people who use it.

A recent survey undertaken through SurveyMonkey has shown that 87.7 per cent said the service was 'convenient' or 'very convenient'.

Just under 75 per cent said they were happy with its coverage, and 71.7 per cent believe the speed is better than average.

The number of people using the service has been increasing over the last few years and it now attracts 3,500 users per month.

Coun Roy Miller, cabinet spokesman for development, environment and culture, said: "In times of austerity and continuing pressures on the council's budget, doing this at nil cost to us and local residents has to be applauded."

People can log on to the network by searching for BarnsleyFreeWiFi in the town centre. Have you used the service? What do you think? Have your say below.

Reply Posted by milzi on Monday March 31 2014 at 16:22
Tha what!!! Its shit every time i go in town i have to turn WiFi off it's a reight pain in arse when ya forget to turn it back on n use all ya data at home when ya could be using house WiFi get rid if ya ask me its a nightmare

Reply Posted by RichS on Monday March 31 2014 at 16:43
Never managed to access it. I search on my phone, find it, register but it sends a text message with access code. I exit browser to get the code but then on going Tried numerous times - so I stick to using the cloud.

Reply Posted by Rich S on Monday March 31 2014 at 16:45
Not sure what happened there...it should have said, I exit to get the text but then when I go back it wants me to register again, doesn't bring back the access code entry,

Reply Posted by Sue on Monday March 31 2014 at 19:08
It's rubbish. I can never get a connection

Reply Posted by lee on Friday April 4 2014 at 08:25
Its rubish cant get a connection and i bet half of barnsley dont even know about it cos its not on your wifi list !!

Reply Posted by Kirsty on Friday April 4 2014 at 09:25
I either sit next to costa or m&s and use the stores free wifi

Reply Posted by lilly on Friday June 20 2014 at 06:45
Barnsleyfreewifi is rubbish i can never connect to it, i have to go to stops and use there wifi when in out.

Reply Posted by lilly on Friday June 20 2014 at 06:45