Mum Appeals After Burglars Steal 'Priceless' Baby Book

Tuesday March 18 2014

The stolen bag The stolen bag

A HEARTBROKEN mum has appealed for thieves to return a bag which contained sentimental items dating back to her eight-month-old son's birth.

Katie Sidebottom, 26, of Upper Sheffield Road, was targeted by burglars in the early hours of Monday morning.

Although thieves got away with a purse containing money, a handbag and mobile phones, they even took a bag which is 'priceless' to Katie.

It contained baby Harry's first shoes, favourite toys and even a book which documented everything in his early days including records of height, weight and immunisations from birth.

"I am absolutely devastated," Katie said. "The other items can be replaced, but Harry's book is priceless to me, as it would be to any other mother."

Although most of the stolen items have now been found, the book is still missing.

"I just can't understand why they would take it as it is worthless to them. I am desperate to get it back."

Any information should be given to the police on non-emergency number 101.

Reply Posted by A Nonny Rat on Tuesday March 18 2014 at 10:25
Stunned and quite frankly shocked and disgusted. What a LOW horrible deed.

Reply Posted by Amanda on Tuesday March 18 2014 at 11:10
Disgusted how people can stoop so low hope u get the book back katie x

Reply Posted by dene on Tuesday March 18 2014 at 11:32
know how you feel it was this time last year some 1 sneaked in to my kitchen just after tea time and took my hand bag, i was not bother about that but the photos in my purse of my grand mothers, they came back later and took the car ,,,,,as i had car keys in bag ,,hope you get them back

Reply Posted by toni on Tuesday March 18 2014 at 13:23
Can't believe how low ppl go most stuff can be replaced but babies 1st shoes clothes toys and birth record can't I hope you get them bk I wud b upset too as I'm a mum of 2

Reply Posted by JKG on Wednesday March 19 2014 at 21:03
I do hope you get these back. This was a horrible thing to happen.

Reply Posted by Sue sidebottom on Thursday March 27 2014 at 05:00
The book is really whats hurting Katie more than anything it has info from his birth onwards its precious and no good to anyone else