Rogue Parkers To Be Reported

Friday March 21 2014

A CONCERNED resident has vowed to report rogue parkers who persistently block a school and care home's access.

Jeanette Edwards, chairman of Penistone West Crime and Safety Group, has been campaigning to improve access to St John's Primary School and Buckingham Care Home, off Green Lane, Penistone, for months.

She plans to report registration plates to the police and has also been given cards by the fire service to place on car windscreens to inform drivers of the issues of blocking a road and preventing emergency service access.

"I've never seen chaos like it," she said. "It's absolutely horrendous. I think it's time to name and shame.

"I'm going to contact the police as it just seems like they're not bothered about the problems they're causing.

"If there was a fire or they needed to get a patient out in an emergency, they haven't a hope in hell."

Reply Posted by guy fawkes on Sunday March 23 2014 at 13:10
please if possible can you also focus on the skanking faggotts that abuse the blue badge scheme as well .

Reply Posted by me on Monday March 24 2014 at 13:13
abet mrs Edwards as never parked illegally.

Reply Posted by sp on Monday March 24 2014 at 20:24
This is about services not gaining access not mrs edwards and if I see any then I will report same

Reply Posted by sp on Monday March 24 2014 at 20:25
It's about the life of a child or elderly person that could be at risk

Reply Posted by d m on Monday March 24 2014 at 22:40
how's about building a new school with better facilities and places for local kids in the area. I agree its shocking up there but what are people to do to get there kids to school. its been a case of lets bids loads of houses and not enough facilities. but well build some daft shops instead. madness.:-(

Reply Posted by Simon Walsh on Monday March 24 2014 at 22:52
This is easily sorted. Park a tow truck nearby (not on zig zag lines outside school) and if people park illegally tow the car, first offence and crush it. Harsh, but effective.