Cannon Hall Museum Set For Big Changes

Thursday March 13 2014

Cannon Hall Cannon Hall

THE former servants' quarters at Cannon Hall Museum will be transformed into learning facilities after funding was secured.

The £143,000 from the Arts Council will enable schools, families and adults to take advantage of a modern learning lab.

It will also allow the museum to offer new types of learning experiences such as family learning activities and classes for adults, as well as space for community use.

The basement room will be completely redecorated, providing a new classroom space with IT equipment. New toilet facilities will also be created next to the learning lab.

A council spokesman said: "The design of the learning lab has been carried out following talks with schools to see what they expect from facilities and the practicalities of a visit.

"Cannon Hall will offer a first class learning offer for schools and the wider community."

Reply Posted by Rubydoo on Friday March 14 2014 at 11:11
Brilliant news. Good luck with this, we need to invest and improve the resources we have I think its a very positive move forward.

Reply Posted by sid on Saturday March 15 2014 at 19:42
I'm really looking forward to this add on to what is an truly excellent day out for all the family. I can imagine the school kids will learn a lot from this. Just what's needed,more fun education.

Reply Posted by Kfc on Saturday March 15 2014 at 20:51
@Sid was the last time you attended Cannon Hall on Bonfire Night you was caught climbing over the perimeter wall with 8 cans of Kestrel my mate.not one to spread rumours Sid.

Reply Posted by sid on Saturday March 15 2014 at 21:10
Haha,yes kfc. I'm going scrumping on the espalier soon too! Once you get past the goose chase you're away. Fantastic place.

Reply Posted by Kfc on Saturday March 15 2014 at 21:28
I'm absolutely delighted that Cannon Hall is going down this route. Having had many years with dealing with Cannon Hall Farm and people that Are connected with the museum this is a exciting time for all parties and credit where's it due BMBC.

Reply Posted by Kfc on Saturday March 15 2014 at 21:33
@ Sid do you know how Cannon Hall got its name ?????????

Reply Posted by sally on Saturday March 15 2014 at 21:41
This is excellent. Just what we need. LETS SEE MUCH MORE OF THIS. We need good facilities for the people. It enhances peoples lives and therefor benefits everyone. Well done BMBC.

Reply Posted by sid on Saturday March 15 2014 at 21:42
No idea kfc? Not spotted any cannons? Or did I years ago at the front of the house? Not sure? Go on tell all!

Reply Posted by sid on Saturday March 15 2014 at 21:48
What they need to do next is one of those fantastic firework and orchestra evenings like they do at Harewood. 1812 overture to fireworks? Bliss in the night! Bring the culture to our town!

Reply Posted by Kfc on Saturday March 15 2014 at 21:54
@Sid two bloke fishing on Worsbrough Reservoir one said to other Sid can thar see that big House ova thea Sid Replies " ar can an hall"

Reply Posted by sid on Saturday March 15 2014 at 21:58
Haha,you had me!

Reply Posted by Kfc on Saturday March 15 2014 at 22:06
I like a bit of classical music my self if you walk into my house 24/7 you will hear classic fm playing in the background. Then the Kids( all over 20) come in and the Grand kids dour in total aged 2 to 10 then the disco kicks in my music is best at this time of day. Thank god for Radio 2 in my Jeep.

Reply Posted by sid on Saturday March 15 2014 at 22:16
I'm not that into it kfc. Its the entertainment value,orchestra and fireworks for me. I can just imagine a bottle or two,plus our beloved kestrel with Mr.khan in the grounds of our great hall. Brilliant. We would need the weather though. They could join this with a classic car weekend. I do enjoy those,the classic cars do get my big end going! Lol!

Reply Posted by sid on Saturday March 15 2014 at 22:19
At some places you can pay for an afternoon for your child's birthday helping out with the animals. That,to me sounds brill. You can pay for family or a couple of your child's pals, mucking out etc. Change to scoffing gut busting pizza.

Reply Posted by Kfc on Saturday March 15 2014 at 22:26
@sid your more than welcome to bring the kids to sort out my Geese Chickens and Ducks etc. I'm more than happy to offer you a Bacon Butty and thane we can look for the kids. I'm sure they will be covered in crap. But Smiling

Reply Posted by sid on Saturday March 15 2014 at 22:30
Hey up kfc!!! We got a bromance going here! I have call ducks and chooks too! Plus two pesky rabbits! My grandkids love them. Need mind cannon hall eh. We are the old goats! Haha!

Reply Posted by Kfc on Saturday March 15 2014 at 22:58
I've got two new geese last week my grand sons loves them the other 6 have no intention of letting them in there pen. I got them of my mate or he used to be.

They are young but seriously got issues. He's stitched me up but my grandson Lou has taken to them and loves them.

My Motto never agree to but owt after a session on beer. My dad would be turning in his grave. Also my mate took advantage of my vulnerability when I was hissed.

Reply Posted by sid on Saturday March 15 2014 at 23:06
Eeeeee that kestrel!! Kfc. Sounds like you're more into the birds than me. Mine are pets 6 calls and 3 hens that's all,just pets. We let the chicks hatch for the grandkids. Lovely. That's why I think cannon hall is good,they can see a working farm,learn and play and eat! Full on.