Shoppers Called On To Donate Easter Eggs For Poorly Kids

Friday February 28 2014

A STORE in the Alhambra is calling on shoppers to donate an Easter egg for kids in Barnsley Hospital's children's ward.

Supermarket chain Iceland has teamed up with Barnsley Hospital Charity to make the kids smile at Easter.

Linda Parr, an employee at the town centre store, said: "We would like customers to donate an egg and when they are all in they will be taken down to the children's ward.

"Customers who donate will then be entered into a raffle and could even win a prize for their kind gesture."

Reply Posted by Max on Friday February 28 2014 at 11:46
Tescos buy 2 get 2 free, I will be going and the free ones I get I will be donating, Not all kids have easy lives and if I can help I will. so come on folks you never know one day it may be your child in hospital x

Reply Posted by jister on Friday February 28 2014 at 15:56
Have Iceland said how much they are donating? They could at least match it

Reply Posted by Easter Bunny on Friday February 28 2014 at 20:06
1ST prize - large Easter egg and giant teddy

2ND prize- medium Easter egg and Cup

3RD price - 6 crème eggs .

Happy Easter hahhaha

Reply Posted by Blue egg on Friday February 28 2014 at 18:59
Why is it assumef that kids in hospital need donations of obesity pushing choccy eggs? Are they orphans or super poor? I doubt it. Silly concept all round. Why not food bags for elderly leaving hospitsl or something wotth while. I know no kids who are so poor that they get no sweets. Most of them live on them.

Reply Posted by Leanne on Monday March 3 2014 at 14:48
Agree with your comment blue egg.

Reply Posted by sarah on Friday February 28 2014 at 19:16
I think its a great idea its for the kids to enjoy x

Reply Posted by lauren on Friday February 28 2014 at 19:56
@blue egg, have a heart, their poorly little kids, god, a chocolate egg ain't going to make them fat, not like their going to give them 8 eggs n told to eat them all

Reply Posted by lauren on Friday February 28 2014 at 23:18
Why? @kfc what have I said that you disagree with?

Reply Posted by kirsty on Saturday March 1 2014 at 09:02
Iceland are working with the hospital charity so they probably asked for the eggs.

Reply Posted by Kfc on Saturday March 1 2014 at 17:54
should read basement " Dungeons" for short.

Reply Posted by sid on Saturday March 1 2014 at 18:35
Poor Mr.khan. last I heard about you,your kids said you,d been kidnapped by a chopper! I kept my head down for a while. Glad you've escaped. Bet Mr.khans holed up with the kestrel in the Anderson's!

Reply Posted by lauren on Monday March 3 2014 at 16:24
Just as pathetic as @blue egg would not be saying same if it was your kid or kids in hospital in Easter there trying to bring a bit of happiness into kids lives while their hospital also so the kids don't feel left heartless pair of twit heads

Reply Posted by lauren on Monday March 3 2014 at 16:24
Ment to say so the kids don't feel left out

Reply Posted by de on Tuesday March 4 2014 at 23:05
I agree with blue egg, parents will be taking a egg in for them,take them to the older folk that will not be getting 1 cheer them up ,

Reply Posted by lauren on Wednesday March 5 2014 at 12:08
Oh deary me will it hurt to donate some eggs, flippin heck, I have two kids, I have bought and donated loads of eggs, so what if their parents are going to bring them some be nice for everyone to do something nice for these kids it's called caring, simple act of kindness get a grip

Reply Posted by Sarah Green on Thursday March 6 2014 at 07:04
Its for kids that go into A n E aswell and outpatient think ya need to get a grip its easter its not like there giving them about 20 each just 1 each seriously ur arguing over easter eggs think ya can find something better to moan about x

Reply Posted by doreen on Sunday January 3 2016 at 22:39
did we not go thought all this last year, yes parents will be taking 1 , kids that go to E N will all ready had 1, older people would love 1 but will not get 1 ,, it would be nice to give them a egg , how many does a ward hold , i know what its like to receive a egg were we go at Blackpool there is a egg for everybody young and old brings a smile to a lot of faces , so lets give and then everybody in the hospital could get 1 and wile we at it give the doctors and nurses 1 for doing a good job ,,,,,, and dont for get the admin

Reply Posted by doreen on Sunday January 3 2016 at 22:42
JUST NOTICE THE DATE FOR THIS IT IS OLD POST

Reply Posted by Denise Gillott on Thursday February 25 2016 at 21:23
I work at at Children's Unit in Barnsley for Children with Disabilities if anyone would like to donate any Easter Eggs or knows any local business / Organisations that would like to donate some. The Children would be extremely grateful thankyou.