Thieves Steal Kids Slide

Friday February 21 2014

HEARTLESS thieves have stolen a slide from a children's playground - which the council say cannot be replaced.

The slide at Hoyle Mill children's play area was stolen at the beginning of the week but council budget cuts mean it will not be replaced.

Coun Roy Miller said: "It’s disgraceful that someone would deprive children of play equipment, and frustrating that in this time of increasing budget pressures we will not be able to replace it.

"The incident has been reported to police and if anyone has any information I urge them to report it.”

Reply Posted by Nicci on Friday February 21 2014 at 09:49
Stop being so bloody ignorant it's the government making cuts not the councillors why should he pay for it? They don't earn that much...idiot!

Reply Posted by rob on Sunday February 23 2014 at 23:09
WRONG! The government left it to local councils to decide what gets cut.

Reply Posted by Tricia on Sunday February 23 2014 at 23:12
Don't earn that much! are u having a laugh? There was a time when councillors didn't get paid at all! Back in the day when they were in the job for the good of the local people. The only reason they do it these days is for the money and expenses!!! GET REAL!

Reply Posted by pfftttt on Friday February 21 2014 at 10:03
Idiot????? Get a ******* education pal!!!

Reply Posted by pilley on Friday February 21 2014 at 10:04
well if its money the council are short of lets have a whip round i'll put a tenner in, so come on join in

Reply Posted by pfftttt on Friday February 21 2014 at 10:05
I'd stick a tenner in!

Reply Posted by rushy on Friday February 21 2014 at 10:32
Why couldn't it come out of budget for new skate park which they are spendin £100,000 on ?? They just started work on it down there surely they could make some adjustments in squeeze it in

Reply Posted by Neil on Friday February 21 2014 at 18:07
Come on mr houghton a no there is cuts but surely we can afford another slide pls u was young once.

Reply Posted by Fred on Friday February 21 2014 at 19:22
Houghton doesn't give a toss Neil.

Reply Posted by lauren on Friday February 21 2014 at 19:34
Honestly get a fund going I no loads of people who would love to help out and get theses kids a new slide. Let me know if you get one going. Thanks.

Reply Posted by kim on Friday February 21 2014 at 20:58
All good lauren ducky wanting to help. But sadly it will only get pinched that s todays world im afraid.

Reply Posted by True red on Friday February 21 2014 at 21:49
If you want the slide back see the government they have borrowed it because the one they have been using to back slide on every promise they ever made as worn out

Reply Posted by D on Friday February 21 2014 at 22:04
Well if they cut there expenses I'm sure we could afford one, the money they're saving on oap pass could also help and what about the rent increase?
Oh that's right that's supposed to pay toward elderly care but yet they keep cutting on that too, so god knows where last years rent rise went to.
What about using all the money working class parents have had to cough up for taking their kids on a budget holiday during term time, since that's going where exactly? Probably paying the child care for all the unemployed.

Think I'll pack in work and I'll pay for it myself with all the extra cash I'll be on.

Reply Posted by lauren on Saturday February 22 2014 at 02:09
I don't live in this area but I work in a school and I will see if we can get a fund raising avent to get a slide for kids

Reply Posted by bananas on Sunday February 23 2014 at 12:52
kids dunt play on slides anymore. y don't the council invest in some computors 4 our kids. lets b r8 abart it. if they go in the park they would proberbly get there heads kicked in. or get bit to death by killer dogs.

Reply Posted by rob on Sunday February 23 2014 at 23:02
Can't afford to replace it my @rse! Bet they'll still have their offices done up like Blackpool illuminations at xmax and their 20 foot Christmas tree!

Reply Posted by rob on Sunday February 23 2014 at 23:05
Not to mention our council tax going up!!! make me sick the lot of em. Why don't they cut back on their subsidised cars and their expenses!

Reply Posted by nobby on Monday February 24 2014 at 21:52
what could we get for that reg on mayors car the 1 theres your slide and if were a bit short do we need a mayor and chauffer.