Plans To Redevelop Hoyland Revealed

Tuesday February 25 2014

We Are Barnsley We Are Barnsley

PLANS to breathe new life into Hoyland town centre will be announced by the council at the end of next month.

The council originally had a masterplan to redevelop the town centre when the Hoyland Centre opened - with a proposal to use the site of the town hall for retail ventures, with the market being relocated.

A council spokesman said: "Although this masterplan has taken longer to develop than envisaged due to the economic downturn, we have sufficient retail interest so that a multi-site proposal is being evaluated with a view to sharing this more widely within the next few months."

What do you think should be done to Hoyland town centre? Submit your views in the box below.

Reply Posted by Care worker on Tuesday February 25 2014 at 17:25
It's a wast of time as they should think of places like jump ect with no proper shops ect no good if ya old or carnt walk too far ect

Reply Posted by Collet on Tuesday February 25 2014 at 18:14
Nothing that they pland last time such as to straighten the road King st to join up with West st plus a one way system,putting the famous four faced town hall clock back up,when Hoyland had carrecter the buildings had been built for donkey's years,you knocked the heart out of Hoyland, and left us with dirty dog S--t- of a town full of Nowt but take aways and not good ones at that,do your best this time please although I have my doubts.

Reply Posted by holly on Tuesday February 25 2014 at 21:06
we don't want more 66 service buses keep em away

Reply Posted by mae brussel on Tuesday February 25 2014 at 23:39
I always think if you have nothing positive to say,dont spend all your time moaning about stupid senseless things.
A. what has the 66 bus got to do with anything.
B. jump is a village with shops fish shop
butchers post office and if you hadnt noticed its a very small village.
Hoyland is a small town.
If your going to rant on about things ask why there is more chemists and nhs crap occupying most of the town centre is everybody sick in hoyland and its environs.

Reply Posted by Ash on Wednesday February 26 2014 at 07:50
I think it's a great idea. It needs some work and life putting back in to hoyland.

Roads need resurfacing and a clamp down on the number of fast food places too!

It used to be a nice place, a nice little town and it's lost that!

Reply Posted by Chani on Friday February 28 2014 at 21:36
I think something needs doing! I love my trips into the centre when the kids are at school but I find myself going into Hoyland & being disappointed! There's nothing there that people actually need! Like Ash says, it's just full of take aways! The only thing I use is the co-op & it's overpriced!!! Put a little Wilkos there & a poundland! Things like that! I hate having to pay £4 just to get the little essentials I need because I can't get them locally!

Reply Posted by swag on Sunday March 2 2014 at 15:05
Hoyland is so boring
The shops always sell the same things and it would be nice to have a change around the place :)

Reply Posted by dene on Sunday March 2 2014 at 18:32
with the Tesco coming and a shop in the Kino , they say they are putting the market in the car park at the back of the town hall , were will people park, there is not much of a market now we use to have a good one and they sold every thing,but now it arts and crafts,eggs, and fruit the price for a stall is over priced , leave the market were it is make it cheaper for the stalls then they would come back ,,,and no one goes pass hoyland furnishing , as its tin town city , fast food shops people have had shops down there but have to give in due to no one going

Reply Posted by Arthur on Monday December 7 2015 at 17:41
Chapel town is only a small town and it as more banks, more shops and even as kfc , dominos and Pizza Hut . Hoyland could do with something similar . And it needs popular shops which will attract more customers