Daughter Gears Up For Great Yorkshire Run

Monday February 10 2014

We Are Barnsley We Are Barnsley

A BARNSLEY lass whose dad is suffering from an inoperable brain tumour is hoping to raise money for the charity which has prolonged his life.

In April 2013, Amy Binney's dad, Frank67, was diagnosed with the illness, but due to an intense bout of radiotherapy his condition has sadly worsened.

The annual Great Yorkshire Run - which follows a 10km route through the streets of Sheffield - attracts thousands of people.

Amy, 22, of Sheffield Road, is already in training. She said: "I can't run to save my life, but that's all going to change so I can raise as much money as possible for this amazing charity.

"I thought I had to take on all the responsibility myself but Macmillan showed me that I didn't. They've offered incredible support and helped out getting my dad into Water Royd Nursing Home.

"Because of them he now has the 24-hour care he needs and I get to spend my last days with him - only enjoying his company instead of struggling."

For more information, click here

Reply Posted by J. on Monday February 10 2014 at 17:00
Amy have you set up a Just Giving page or anything so people can sponsor? I'd definitely make a donation towards such a good cause.

Reply Posted by Amy Binney on Monday February 10 2014 at 21:58
Indeed I do have a Justgiving page, if you click on the 'for more information click here' section will take you straight to the page!!
Thank you so much for wanting to donate

Reply Posted by . on Monday February 10 2014 at 20:51
Good luck to you. I never run anywhere and I managed to do the Great South Run in October which is 16K. You will surprise yourself, if you want to do it, you can! The adrenaline alone gets you through and the atmosphere is amazing! Set up a JustGiving page and you can set up text donations on there too to make it easier for some people. Good luck!

Reply Posted by Amy Binney on Monday February 10 2014 at 22:02
Thank you for the encouragement, actually being able to do it is what I'm nervous about haha.
I do have a justgiving page but definitely need to set up the text capability, thanks for the tip. If you do wanna donate you can lick on the section 'for more information click here' and it will take you straight to it!!
Thanks again

Reply Posted by CS on Monday February 10 2014 at 21:58
Anybody wanting to view Amy's just giving donation page, just click the "more information. click here" at the bottom of this article.

Reply Posted by AmyBinney on Monday February 10 2014 at 22:04
Any one who read this and wants to donate you can by clicking on the 'for more information click here' link and it will take you to my JustGiving page. Or you can find it at www.justgiving.com/Amy-Binney

Reply Posted by . on Friday February 14 2014 at 19:47
The text donations I got a fair amount from that alone as it's so easy for people. It just adds on to their bill or comes off credit and can do in donations of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 10 and can still gift aid it too! You set up your own code for it. Another thing I did was to go to local shops with a poster to put up with details on, the JustGiving page and text code. If you do a poster and name the charity it is for however, just make sure that on it is the registered charity number as you can't legally put it up without it but other than that just go round with them. Hope all goes well and honestly you will surprise yourself! Once you're there the adrenaline and atmosphere will get you through and all the encouragement. It's very emotional! But such a great experience and so worth it. Just make sure you have a great relaxing bubble bath for after as it hurts a lot! Lol x