Dog Found Tied Up In Goldthorpe

Monday February 3 2014

A DOG that was found abandoned and tied to a lamp post in Goldthorpe is being cared for by the RSPCA.

Stacey Ayrton found the female Staffordshire bull terrier and appealed for information on Sunday morning.

She said: "Does anyone recognise this dog? I found her tied to a post so tight she could barely breathe just off the bypass at Goldthorpe.

"She is in a bad way so any information would be appreciated."

The RSPCA have since taken the dog into their care.

Reply Posted by Adam reddy on Monday February 3 2014 at 11:03
There is some right scum about these days..hope the RSPCA can find this dog a loving home

Reply Posted by Justice on Monday February 3 2014 at 11:11
Yeah there are some scummy people about! But then again, the good folks in our town outnumber them many times over. We have a great town! If the good folks look after each other, the scummy people won't get away with their actions.

Reply Posted by Pat Jones on Monday February 3 2014 at 12:09
Poor girl !!! Somebody must know her !!! Mind you, found on the bypass,she could be from anywhere ! Let's hope she's chipped and can be got to a loving home soon !x

Reply Posted by owlman on Monday February 3 2014 at 12:15
Should find out whos done this then tie them up in middle of moors thers some cruel people out there !!scum

Reply Posted by Pat Jones-Jarmolinski on Monday February 3 2014 at 12:29
Thank goodness some kind soul did find in time before anything worse could happen to her...mind, what could be worse than being mistreated then abandoned?

Reply Posted by owlman on Monday February 3 2014 at 13:06
Yethank god some one with a heart found herand the thing is even if the owner had a change off mind and came back she would have had a wagging tail and been so pleased to see them unconditional love its called if you didnt know OWNER

Reply Posted by Amy Turner on Monday February 3 2014 at 13:07
It looks like my dogs sister mitzy. She was chipped if you take her to the vets they will identify her please let us know if she's recognised.

Reply Posted by anon on Monday February 3 2014 at 14:16
I am so sick and tired of hearing about dogs being abandoned, beaten, etc. Poor defenceless creatures. Makes me sick to my stomach. And the people who have abandoned her are probably already looking for another dog to take her place, its so sad and it makes me really angry.

Reply Posted by Darton lads on Monday February 3 2014 at 14:40
Tie them up and chop there balls off if they have any scum b###ards

Reply Posted by Natalie on Monday February 3 2014 at 17:59
I saw this and shared it. Has anyone got any news about how she is. Poor little thing. Hope the vets have been able to help her.

Reply Posted by Georgina Thompson on Monday February 3 2014 at 18:06
THis is a truly abombnable way to treat a beautiful dog like This one ,,and I hope n Pray with allmy heart ,,,If anyoneKnows or has seen this Dod and Knows who it Belonged to ,,has the guts to go to the RSPCA name and shame the Heartless B,,,ARDS And hope they will get their just Desserts ,,,Not a Slap on the Wrist ,and cant keep a dog for 4 yrs

Reply Posted by Nomes on Monday February 3 2014 at 19:39
My brothers dog ran off months ago and was never able to find her, she was a female brindle stuffy named jojo how can we find out if it's her?

Reply Posted by Nic on Monday February 3 2014 at 20:48
If I was in Goldthorpe, you'd have to tie me up as well, to stop me running off!!!

Reply Posted by celia bibby on Monday February 3 2014 at 21:03
There is some evil scum out there. I sincerely hope this dog wasnt signed over to the rspca.

Reply Posted by Carole on Tuesday February 4 2014 at 20:47
RSPCA I wouldnt take any dog to them they are RUBBISH!!!!. poor thing how is she going on??? does anyone know???? if she has been taken to Hampole she will be PUT DOWN!!!!! Bad people....

Reply Posted by lauren on Saturday February 8 2014 at 17:31
They only put dogs down for medical reason if they can't help the animal I sadly had to have my pup put down I saved and saved for this beautiful husky pup and she kept walking into things there was loads of things worrying me a month later I found out she had a brain tumor and the position of the tumor was inoperable so I made the hardest decision in my life to put her down and end her suffering or let her live a life of suffering sadly she got put down