Wiseman 'Didn't Enjoy' Time At Barnsley

Tuesday January 21 2014

EX-BARNSLEY defender Scott Wiseman has revealed he didn't enjoy his time at Oakwell from day one - despite playing 111 times.

The full-back joined League One outfit Preston North End after having his contract at Barnsley terminated.

He said: "It's been a hard few years for me and I've not really enjoyed my time at Barnsley since day one.

"I've been looking to get out and fortunately I had offers."

Gibraltar international Wiseman made his Preston debut in their 2-0 defeat against Wolves last Saturday.

Reply Posted by Andy on Tuesday January 21 2014 at 12:48
Don't think most of us enjoyed him being there!!

Reply Posted by the1 on Tuesday January 21 2014 at 12:49
ya dint enjoy ya time cos ya wa shit end of!

Reply Posted by the1 on Tuesday January 21 2014 at 12:51
hill and flicks shit took piss out er barnsley

Reply Posted by Paul Sanderson on Tuesday January 21 2014 at 14:28
Sour grapes, have contract terminated and say you wanted to get out!!!! Have a nice warm winter on subs bench toss Pott

Reply Posted by G on Tuesday January 21 2014 at 14:37
When he was signed I was told we were getting a pacey right back who would get loads of assists and chip in with the odd goal. Instead we got Scott Wiseman. The wing back who couldn't do the "wing bit" i.e he wasn't fast, didn't get down the line and didn't get the ball in the box. He couldn't do the back bit either, amount of soft goals barnsley conceded because he didn't track back or even mark a player was too many. Couldn't tackle and looked like he was as mobile as a subbuteo player when facing a decent left winger. Absolute bobbins and for some reason the highest paid player at BFC, no disprespect to defenders but who has a Right back as their highest paid player and one that has just moved up a division at that. He didn't enjoy it cos he was out of his depth, didn't bother slapping a transfer request in cos he knew the only way would be down for him.

Reply Posted by Kfc on Tuesday January 21 2014 at 15:00
I bet he enjoyed collecting his pay packet. I've seen better Sunday Morning Players after been out Saturday night around town.

Reply Posted by Red on Tuesday January 21 2014 at 15:09
One of the worst excuses of a full back seen at oakwell EVER.

Reply Posted by Tosh on Tuesday January 21 2014 at 17:28
He was previously on his way to Blackpool but it fell through because Appleton moved to Blackburn. If that's what he thought from day one then it clearly affected his commitment and I wonder why he came in the first place. I think the answers have all been given by these lads before me.

Reply Posted by Ed Radley on Tuesday January 21 2014 at 21:17
The fact he has gone to a league one side proves he was as rubbish as everyone kept saying. Perkins was good on his day, hence going to another championship side :-)

Reply Posted by A.moses on Wednesday January 22 2014 at 00:11
if any er barnsley players wa gd enough the wont be at the bottom er table Ed! Team and management r to blame but it is dwn to the players at the end of the day to perform

Reply Posted by julie on Wednesday January 22 2014 at 12:35
agree aidy

Reply Posted by Daz Clegg on Wednesday January 22 2014 at 00:11
Crap player anyway.....sounds like sour grapes....get use to being on the bench cos you aren't good enough!!!!!!