Man Appears On Attempted Murder Charges

Monday January 20 2014

A MONK BRETTON man charged with attempted murder appeared at Sheffield Crown Court on Friday.

Ajit Singh Sekhon, 59, of Kirkland Gardens, has been charged with attempted murder and section 18 wounding.

He was arrested after emergency services were called to a property in Kirkland Gardens at about 7.40am on October 18.

A 55-year-old woman was found there with serious injuries and taken to hospital.

A 31-year-old man sustained minor injuries and was also taken to hospital.

Reply Posted by bananas on Monday January 20 2014 at 12:40
monk Bretton man?

Reply Posted by @ on Monday January 20 2014 at 13:23
Yeah cause that's where he lived you idiot just cause he's not from this country doesn't mean he's not from there

Reply Posted by Barnsley truth on Monday January 20 2014 at 13:37
Commendable @ for pointing out bananas 'error' but what makes you think he wasn't born in the UK ??. Barnsley should be renamed Bigotley

Reply Posted by theword on Monday January 20 2014 at 15:07
If the information was honest and correct bananas wouldnt need to post the comment, and they probably assume that this person wasnt born in the UK because the information is not available...why? i wonder. WAB are very good at 'selective information'. For your information Barnsley, particularly Monk Bretton has recently had an influx of people from other countries - Fact. How dare you suggest that Barnsley should be renamed Bigotley. Not everyone is racist and your comment/opinion is bigoted and offensive.

Reply Posted by Barnsley Truth on Monday January 20 2014 at 19:02
@theword. When ever there is a story on this News Site (I do use that term loosely), and there is mention of any person who may have a link to another country, the amount of racist bile thrown by the local one would assume white salt of the earth followers is beyond equal, that is why I call Barnsley the most bigoted racist phobic town I have ever encountered, and if that offends you it's supposed to.

Reply Posted by sally on Monday January 20 2014 at 13:44
I used to there is good and bad in all walks of life. It is time people went back to where they came from. They say they want to escape bad life, but yet they live here and do very much the same as what they have left. ITS rubbish. They come for benefits etc. set up terrorist cells that kind of thing. Get shut of them all.

Reply Posted by theword on Monday January 20 2014 at 14:54
Monk Bretton man...How long has this lowlife lived in Monk bretton??...we won't be told that information. These newly built houses were only completed in September 2013 and the attempted murder was in October!!!. Was this scum born & raised in Barnsley??...That information should be made public..Will it??....Doubt it. ...Kirkland Gardens... The first newly build estate in Monk Bretton for years, consisting of mainly housing association propertys, mainly occupied by people from other areas, not people who have been born & raised in Monk Bretton....Its wrong.

Reply Posted by me on Monday January 20 2014 at 15:08
the word I fully agree with you. but with dickheads like@ things will only get worse.

Reply Posted by Sam lawson on Monday January 20 2014 at 15:12
I know, let build a wall around Monk Bretton dig a moat and let no one in.
You set of low life idiots!
Do people in monk Bretton not commit crime ? I
Had my car broken into 3 times and once my a local man who was caught red hannded no he was visiting or passing through he was born in monk Bretton ! A scum bag from monk Bretton ! Starting burning the houses down

Reply Posted by theword on Monday January 20 2014 at 15:16
I am not a lowlife idiot you stupid person. This discussion is about the perpitrator of an attempted murder. Stick to the topic of conversation or shut up...you fool!

Reply Posted by Dot Com on Monday January 20 2014 at 16:24
copy could have bin worded better I think, got you all insulting each other for nowt, entertaining as it is, its still over nowt.

Reply Posted by Div on Monday January 20 2014 at 20:24
I cannot belive that a some as been killed n all ur idiots are doing is arguing get a life n let these ppl and there familys greive

Reply Posted by Goo on Monday January 20 2014 at 21:24
Hahaha!!, it doesn't make him a monk Bretton man just because he lives there!. Nor does being born in England make you English!!.

Reply Posted by pixx on Monday January 20 2014 at 21:33
Sam lawson I live in monk bretton and garage been broke into 5 times in last 8 mths its now alarmed dunt matter where u live

Reply Posted by Lee on Tuesday January 21 2014 at 07:40
Wonder WHY so many Barnsley folk are racist , is it bcos foreigners take a lot of the jobs , houses , commit crimes , are ignorant , can't be bothered to learn our language .....just wondering that's all !!!

Reply Posted by Barnsley Truth on Wednesday January 22 2014 at 08:22
I will wager the racism dissolves when you are down Barnsley hospital getting treated for your problems come a Saturday night. !!.
Dear old Lee, Barnsley has one of the lowest influxes of foreign migrants in the country but one of the highest cases of racism ...go figure

Reply Posted by Jon on Tuesday January 21 2014 at 09:45
Lee I know a lot of white British people who have never even tried to get a job, have their houses paid for by the tax payer, commit crime, are ignorant and can barely grasp their own language....are they better than the "foreigner" just because they were born here in your eyes???

Reply Posted by Ron on Tuesday January 21 2014 at 13:37
Did someone really write 'go back to where they came from'? Wow. How far back in our ancestory do they want us to go?

Reply Posted by lauren on Tuesday January 21 2014 at 15:08
You lot should watch benefits street then you wouldn't moan so much about foreigners at least they come over to work some do sit on their bums but so do English same no matter what color or country you from we've all got lazy bum in our countries.

Reply Posted by lauren on Tuesday January 21 2014 at 21:49
Instead of saying I talk ballocks even though its bollocks but anyways. Please explain how, when everything I have said is true?

Reply Posted by Tony on Wednesday January 22 2014 at 10:16
If folk listened to Enoch Powell all those years ago we would not be wasting money on trials for folk who would not have been here in the first place !

Reply Posted by Laura on Wednesday January 22 2014 at 11:05
I've been in hospital for the past 3 week. The surgeon who saved my life was a "foreigner" and the bloke in the bed next to me was a white Barnsley man who was in having his leg chopped off due to years of drug abuse..