Reds Sign Liverpool Youngster On Loan

Thursday January 9 2014

THE Reds have signed Liverpool right-back Ryan McLaughlin on a 28-day loan.

McLaughlin, 19, signed for Liverpool in the summer of 2011 and in 2013 earned a new contract at Anfield after continuing to impress in their youth side.

He made his unofficial first team Liverpool debut in a pre-season tour game against AS Roma in 2012 and was given the task of man-marking Italian legend Francesco Totti.

The right-back is a tough competitor who likes to get forward and create goal-scoring opportunities.

He said: "It’s great to be here and there are some good games coming up which I'm looking forward to being involved in.

"I like to get forward, it’s a good part of my game, but obviously if you’re a right-back your first job is defending and to be solid in defence.

"I’ve been training with some fantastic players at Liverpool and that can only bring you on and improve you as a player which I now want to be able to take into here and to play some great football at Barnsley.

"While I’m here I want to be playing as much football as I can and do well for the team.

"Hopefully I’ll be able to provide more attacking options going forward and chip in with a few assists and goals and help bring us up the table."

McLaughlin's loan deal will be up to and including February 8 when Barnsley will play Ipswich Town.

Reply Posted by me on Thursday January 9 2014 at 12:10
cant understand this signing. soon as the lad gets settled down, its time 4 him to go back to Liverpool. why not a loan signing till the end of the season.

Reply Posted by Collet on Thursday January 9 2014 at 12:29
All short tearm signings are a waste of time bad time of year also,but I wish Danny all the the best and good look because he will need it !

Reply Posted by Dave on Thursday January 9 2014 at 12:57
R we going to sign somebody decent or what becoming a laughing stock. Should never have had judas back b very shock if he safes us. In my eyes WiLSON out

Reply Posted by giorrdave on Thursday January 9 2014 at 14:02
Gi'orr Dave get behind 'em.

Reply Posted by Nigel Richardson on Thursday January 9 2014 at 18:36
Cant understand this signing , are they thinking of shipping out tomas cymka to hudd town , he can play on the wing , am i the only one who can see that we need a striker , and also another defender to replace tom kennedy , but saying that why not give nyatanga a chance

Reply Posted by Barnsley Football Club. on Friday January 10 2014 at 14:15
He's a right back Nigel he will be replacing Wiseman who has now left the club by mutual consent. (To join Preston North End.)

We do need a striker and to strengthen the defence. Hopefully this will be happening now we have freed up about 8k p/w wages (dagnall and wiseman.)

Reply Posted by Liverbird on Thursday January 9 2014 at 19:17
Best of luck Ryan lad

Reply Posted by anon on Thursday January 9 2014 at 20:33
From a top premiership club to league one.......that boy's agent needs sacking!

Reply Posted by Dave on Friday January 10 2014 at 04:50